Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bet all my Ox bucks, we can do it by year if you'd like. I have $560 as of right now. Let me know
WTF am I gonna do with Ox bucks? I’ve got over 1200 already.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
so have we fired Mullen yet? Seems like the glass just about empty guys have already

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Do we really need to do that Jay, we all know how it's gonna end with Mullen.

Ok, so how? Outside of maybe one stretch, tell me all the Mullen commits that were subpar recruits in our recent class.

The guy has openly shown the door to guys he felt shouldn’t be here, stated numerous times that we have to get elite talent, and has set the bar of national championships at UF...and you really think he’s going to load up on a ton of filler players 11 months before NSD?

As was said, we’re taking a few judgement call commits long before signing day. To think this is how our class shapes up is nonsense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
One will prob pick up a 4th star. We need mega talent to close the gap w/ FSU, UGA and Bama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need real ILBs something fierce (and to get rid of half a dozen Butters specials).

Not sure why everyone is freaking out.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Ok, so how? Outside of maybe one stretch, tell me all the Mullen commits that were subpar recruits in our recent class.

The guy has openly shown the door to guys he felt shouldn’t be here, stated numerous times that we have to get elite talent, and has set the bar of national championships at UF...and you really think he’s going to load up on a ton of filler players 11 months before NSD?

As was said, we’re taking a few judgement call commits long before signing day. To think this is how our class shapes up is nonsense.
I'm sorry but I remember Mac saying the same thing when he took over and we know how that went. He took players way to early that didn't even deserve an offer at UF.

I'm sorry but if you want to run with the big dogs you've got to recruit like them as well and they don' tend to take players like the 2 we just took this early in the cycle. Talent follows talent it's a big reason as to why I believe Mac was so terrible at it until the end. His last class that ended up falling apart was once a top 5 class because He got a few elite players on board and other followed. But when he started he would start his classes with a bunch of 3* players and try to flip players at the end to fill in the rest of the class. You've got to start strong to gain momentum. It's how Kirby is recruiting he gets a few big time recruits at the beginning and others want to follow and they ended up with several 5* players. Bama has been doing it for years. You start slow and it sticks with you imo. You don't just keep taking 3* talent and expect elite talent to want to jump on board and carry the rest of the class.

And as for do I think he will load up on fillers, I'd say it sure looks like he is. On rivals we have 4 recruits 4 are 3* and Marks scored a 0.0 rating. Id say it's not good when your 1st 5 commits are all outside of the top 300.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

The obvious is that the staff thinks they’ll rise throughout their senior season. Like swonkey said we need ILBs like air in our lungs. Im on the confused side and not the downright upset side. We will have to see how everything shakes up but theres been a LOT of wtf offers out there lately.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The obvious is that the staff thinks they’ll rise throughout their senior season. Like swonkey said we need ILBs like air in our lungs. Im on the confused side and not the downright upset side. We will have to see how everything shakes up but theres been a LOT of wtf offers out there lately.

I hope it’s a matter of throwing the net wide, then as you draw it in you sort the catch & keep what you want. That’s part of the courtship - offers, commitable offers, etc. Plus there are whole spring and summer camp seasons ahead. Many of these kids will grow and develop substantially in the next 6 months and more will emerge. The staff will also be building relationships and are still behind on that with many elite players.

The staff’s talent evaluations are a huge part of this and should be. I don’t want them chasing stars but I also don’t want to hear “our own evaluation” as an excuse for a class that is half or more 3*. It’s too early to judge it, but even his first class was moving in the right direction.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Another visitor:

3-star ILB:

JAMMAL ABRAMS:
  • ILB
  • 6-3
  • CLASS OF 19
BIRMINGHAM, AL(JACKSON-OLIN)
Looks like he was a safety up until the start of last season, so he's still learning the read/react aspects of LB. #18 ILB on 247, #21 on Rivals.
NOT an impressive offer list to this point, so if our offer/commit news leads to more it's possible his stock will rise. Barners were his "dream team" and said they'd offer by mid-Feb, which came and went.

His 11-on-11 film from last summer was more impressive than his highlights from last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator