Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we are not melting down over the 2019 class already...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hope we are not melting down over the 2019 class already...

Did you see that low, low 3-star that de-committed the other day? The one that had no business being a commit to begin with? Well, yeah! We're in full meltdown around here!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see that low, low 3-star that de-committed the other day?
And that low 3 star Butters Special receiver Corey Gammage that we lost a few weeks back causing meltdown? He signed with Alabama.........

Jk, Marshall over FIU.

It would probably be fun to see where all the Butters Specials went.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
#SwampSquadXIX is not a tag I wanna see. It looks like it says SwampSquid with some tentacles. Rather keep to the #AllBite

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jimbo getting cocky about his 2019 class:

Here’s what Fisher said Wednesday about Texas A&M’s 2019 recruiting efforts, per Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports:

“We’ll end up being one or two,” Fisher said. “I’m talking about 10 guys that are right [there]. I’m talking about first-, second-round draft pick guys. There’s some phenomenal players.”

Wyldashe11

Feb 7, 2018
Florida also doled out more scholarship offers to Class of 2019 and beyond recruits.

Here are the latest to hear from the Gators:
  • Class of 2021 athlete Kamar Wilcoxson, from Stone Mountain, Ga., also received an offer, tweeting that Florida was his “childhood DREAM school.”

So I frequent the games at Godby and now that Andrews was offered, I will pay more attention to him. I wish they kept better stats on these kids, but for defense they usually only keep tackles and interceptions. I will try to keep the board posted next season when he is a senior.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Looking ahead to Gators’ possible class size for 2019

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-2019-class-size

Close to 30, Doug, but right below that number.

With 19 signees and two transfers, Florida’s 2018 class has 21 initial counters — four short of the maximum number (25) allowed per class. When the Gators welcome their 2019 mid-year enrollees next January, up to four players can count toward the 2018 class.

That means UF coach Dan Mullen can sign a maximum of 29 players in the next recruiting cycle. Will the Gators have scholarship room for that many signees? Not likely.

At this time, Florida is set to have 83 players on scholarship in 2018 and 12 seniors on the team. That leaves 14 spots available for the 2019 class before attrition, but there undoubtedly will be some roster turnover after next season.

Florida has seven or eight juniors who could be candidates to enter the 2019 NFL Draft, including running back Jordan Scarlett, wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland, tackle Jawaan Taylor, defensive end Jabari Zuniga and linebacker David Reese.

It’s also safe to assume that the Gators will have roughly three-to-five transfers between now and the next National Signing Day. The departing juniors and potential transfers should allow Florida’s 2019 class size to be around 24-27 signees.

Cornerback, offensive line and defensive line will be the biggest needs for the Gators. They currently have verbal commitments from 4-star athlete Ja’markis Weston, 3-star tackle Wardrick Wilson and 3-star athlete Trent Whittemore.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is good to see, "win the state....win championships!"

Mullen's focus is on improving in-state recruiting

Last year UF led the Big 3 in commitments from the Top 50 players in the state. Not this year. Dan Mullen's goal is to ensure the Gators dominate in the state going forward.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...is-on-improving-in-state-recruiting-114922597

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida put together a solid but unspectacular class in Dan Mullen's first go-round, a shortened class that the Gators had to scramble on after parting ways with former coach Jim McElwain.

It was a class that met needs in most key areas, securing a highly rated dual-threat quarterback that fits Mullen's system and adding quality prospects at the skill positions and on the offensive line.

But there are still some areas that need work. Primarily, Florida still isn't dominating it's in-state rivals.

When the final tally settled, Florida had locked down six of the state's Top 50 players (not counting IMG Academy players who are from out of state). Miami finished with 11, while Florida State also had six.

That number had been a major concern in McElwain's first two recruiting cycles, though he managed to flip the script in his third year in 2017. Making sure Florida remains near the top compared to some of its big rivals will be key. Mullen knows it.

"The best players in the United States of America are here within this state, so everybody around the country tries to come recruit the players that are here," Mullen said.

"What's important to us is we make sure that we understand that guys from this state, we've got to do a great job recruiting this state. In the future, and it always will be, have a great focus on making sure guys know they can stay here and get as good if not a better education than anywhere in America, represent the University of Florida and represent people in their hometown and everyone in this state and make them proud. That's always going to be a focus for us, and it will be even more so moving forward."

Back in Gainesville since a four-year stint that saw him win two national titles with the Gators as offensive coordinator, Mullen is eager to get to work and start putting back down some recruiting roots.

The Gators didn't try to reach in the 2018 class on guys it might not have felt great about just to fill spots.

And that's a good way to approach things. But it also creates a heavier emphasis on really cleaning up in the 2019 class. It'll be another loaded year in the state, so Mullen and his staff have to do whatever it takes to ensure that, starting now, Florida starts getting taken seriously again in-state.

"I'll be honest with you; this is the University of Florida. There's a standard. There's a tradition. There's expectations here," Mullen said. "And I think our staff worked hard, but I'm also blessed being at a place that has impeccable academic reputation, one of the highest academic standards and one of the best educations you can get in America.

"It is a place where I walk into an office that already has three crystal ball National Championships in there. There's not a lot of places that have that many crystal balls in there. You go into the main lobby and there's three Heisman Trophy winners, three Campbell Trophy winners for academic Heismans, if you will."

Meaning, finishing with the No. 14 class isn't going to cut it down the road. Those aren't the types of classes that helped propel the Gators toward those two national titles Mullen likes to tout.

In the years leading up to those, Florida poached some of the best players from around the country. It also dominated in-state recruiting.

That's what UF has to get back to if it wants to hang with some of the elite programs that have dominated the Gators head-to-head in recent years.

"The history, the tradition of the university certainly helped us as a coaching staff be able to put this class together," Mullen said. "Hopefully (it'll) help us continue to build to the level and expectations that I know I expect and I'm sure that everyone in the Gator Nation expects."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Shocker: Graham Hall wrote a recruiting article!!

2019 ATH Mark-Antony Richards discusses recruitment, plan to camp at UF in 2 weeks

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/02/...anning-camp-uf-2-weeks-discusses-recruitment/

Florida’s 2018 class is seemingly complete, with 19 signings and two transfers becoming the latest additions to join the Gators and first-year UF coach Dan Mullen.

But recruiting in college football never ceases, and Mullen has made that clear within his first two months.

“Recruiting is a 24/7, 365 deal,” Mullen said at his Signing Day press conference. “I think I probably even spent more time on the phone with 2019s today than I did with 2018 guys. You know, it’s a process that keeps going and never ends.”

In addition to spending time on the phone with 2019 recruits, Mullen paid a visit Feb. 2 to Wellington High School to see several prospects, with dynamic athlete Mark-Antony Richardsbeing at the top of the list.

Ranked by Rivals as the No. 22 overall prospect in the 2019 class, Richards’ recruitment has seen him pick up multiple Power 5 offers, with Missouri and Oklahoma being the most recent to join the list. And it’s no secret why: Richards can play all over the field, as he finished his junior season with 954 rushing yards, 605 receiving yards and more than 1,100 yards as a returner.

He found the endzone seven times, and that was just on the offensive side of the ball. Richards also contributed 56 tackles, three interceptions, two forced fumbles and two sacks for Wellington’s defense.

It’s clear as to why programs are lining up to offer Richards, and the Gators helped by getting in early with the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder. He camped at Florida last July for Friday Night Lights, and the Gators remain on his radar with his senior season on the horizon.

“It was cool to see all the commits, like Andrew Chatfield,” Richards said of UF’s Signing Day on Wednesday. “That’s pretty cool just sitting back and watching it, just knowing I could be part of that one day.”

Richards plans to be on Florida’s campus in two weeks for UF’s Junior Day on Feb. 24, and it won’t be the only time in the next few months he’s in Gainesville getting to know Florida’s coaching staff.

“I believe I’ll be at UF’s Junior Day, and I’ll be taking an unofficial to Florida once again when they have their Spring Game on April 14,” Richards said. “I’ll be there with my family.”

While Richards was offered by coach Jim McElwain’s staff, he’s yet to meet coach Mullen and co., but that didn’t stop Florida’s head coach from leaving a lasting impression on him when Mullen arrived in Wellington last week.

“That shows me they actually do want me. It shows me that I’m actually one of their top recruits,” Richards said. “My coach kind of repeated everything back to me, but from what he said everything sounded really good.”

The Gators have offered the athletic Richards on offense, but, considering his potential at multiple positions, they’re not limiting him to just running back. With a multi-faceted skill-set and another year to develop on the field, Richards could turn into a weapon at multiple positions wherever he ends up signing in 2019.

But Florida is far from the only in-state program in the mix. Richards’ older brother, wide receiver Ahmmon Richards, signed with Miami (Fl.) in the 2016 class out of Wellington, and he certainly could factor into Mark-Antony’s recruitment.

However, Ahmmon hasn’t been in his ear – at least not yet – and he’s letting Mark-Antony evaluate the landscape for himself and enjoy the recruiting process that comes with being a top-notch prospect.

“Ahmmon’s giving me space, because he doesn’t want me to push me to go to his school,” Richards said, “because that could turn out not to be a great fit. Because that would be something that I’m sure he wouldn’t be happy with. So, he’s been through the recruiting process also, so he’s letting me deal with it myself. But he’s giving me some advice. It’s hard to determine what school to pick and you don’t want to rush a decision, because I almost did that a few times.”

For his upcoming senior season, Richards’ goal is to prove the evaluations correct, if not exceed them. Rather than settle for being a high-end four-star prospect, he’s looking to be considered one of the top prospects in the state of Florida, if not the nation. Yet at the same time, Richards wants to stay grounded and perform at Wellington in his final season.

“I know there have been a few rankings that recently come out, but my goal is to be the No. 1 player in the class,” Richards said. “I’m getting very close. That’s just one of the minor things, overall I want to win a state championship with my high school. Bring the first one to Wellington High School. And also, rushing for 2,000 yards.”

While many plan to let their recruitments play out before making a decision on Signing Day, Richards could see himself becoming the trailblazer for a program’s 2019 recruiting class – as long as it’s the perfect fit.

“I would love to be recruit other recruits to a certain school. If I went to Florida, I would love to help out and get certain kids to come there, especially kids I know that can play,” Richards said. “But if I went to Miami, I would love to do the same. So we’ll have to see.”

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
You know what's good to hear? A few recent futures kids (Mangham and Wilcoxson come to mind) refer to UF as a "dream school". Haven't heard a lot of that over the past three years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is good to see, "win the state....win championships!"
I really prefer this I dont mind cherrypicking a bluechipper from Alabama, Jawja, maybe Texas and DC, areas that we know produce real bluechip kids, but running around the northeast and midwest, signing kids that play against weak competition should be our MO. Too many fails out there.

And stay the fvkk out of Kali.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We better get the Fletcher kid! Mullen signed an OL out of Fletcher last cycle at MSU, btw, so he has a good relationship w/ the coaches/school. We need to take back Jacksonville (and Tampa, and Orlando, and Daytona, and the state!).

Florida recruiting: Top targets for Class of 2019

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-top-targets-class-2019

Gators coach Dan Mullen and his staff already have laid the groundwork for the Class of 2019 and identified their top targets.

Here are some names to know:

• Jalon Jones, 3-star QB, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, Md.): Jones committed to Mullen last summer when he was still coaching at Mississippi State. Jones backed off that pledge after Mullen took the Florida job and received an offer from the Gators on Dec. 11. Alabama also has offered the nation’s No. 11 dual-threat quarterback, according to the 247Sports Composite.
  • Trey Sanders, 5-star RB, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.): The Gators are recruiting Sanders and fellow 5-star RB Noah Cain from IMG Academy, but they appear to have a better shot with Sanders. The Port St. Joe, Fla., native de-committed from Alabama on Jan. 1 and Florida is viewed as one of his top schools, along with Florida State and Miami.
  • Jeremiah Payton, 4-star WR, Duncan U. Fletcher (Neptune Beach, Fla.): Florida is targeting several wide receivers, including former commits John Dunmore and Frank Ladson. Payton is probably the biggest priority for the staff given his talent level and proximity to Gainesville. The top-100 overall recruit already holds more than 20 offers, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Miami, his presumed favorite.
  • Keon Zipperer, 4-star TE, Lakeland (Lakeland, Fla.): Zipperer is the nation’s No. 2 tight end and there’s a lot competition for him. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and more than two dozen schools are on his trail, but the in-state Gators have a great chance to keep Zipperer home. New Florida tight ends coach Larry Scott, an ace recruiter, will lead the charge.
  • Dontae Lucas, 4-star OL, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla): Florida is pursuing multiple offensive linemen at IMG Academy, but Lucas is the name to keep an eye on. He’s one of the top players in the country at his position and has been high on the Gators since attending Friday Night Lights last summer. Florida and Miami are his top schools.
  • Tyler Davis, 4-star DT, Wekiva (Apopka, Fla.): Florida must sign multiple defensive tackles after striking out in the 2018 recruiting cycle. The coaches are hoping to address their need at the position with Davis. He received an offer from the Gators on Jan. 18 and visited Gainesville the following week. Ohio State is the biggest threat to UF.
  • Derick Hunter, 4-star DL, Dunbar, (Fort Myers, Fla.): Like Lucas, Hunter appears to be favoring the Gators and Hurricanes. The former Miami commit re-opened his recruitment in November and received an offer from the new Florida coaches on Dec. 24. Mullen visited Hunter last month and will continue to make him a priority moving forward.
  • Jaquaze Sorrells, 4-star DL, Largo (Largo, Fla.): Sorrells pledged to Florida under the previous staff and decided to de-commit on New Year’s Eve. However, the Gators are still one of his top teams and they have a huge need for him along their defensive line. Sorrells is a disruptive pass rusher from the edge, but also has the strength and size to slide inside.
  • Nakobe Dean, 5-star LB, Horn Lake (Horn Lake, Miss.): The Gators have a few in-state targets at linebacker, but they will also shoot high with Dean. He received an offer in December from Mullen and plans to visit Florida in the spring or summer. Alabama and Ole Miss are the top contenders for Dean, who is ranked the nation’s No. 1 outside linebacker.
  • Kaiir Elam, 4-star CB, The Benjamin School (North Palm Beach, Fla.): Cornerback is another position of importance in Florida’s 2019 class and the coaches are high on Elam. He is the nephew of former Gators safety Matt Elam. The Gators are considered the team to beat for the nation’s No. 14 cornerback, who also holds offers from Alabama, Florida State, Miami and Ohio State.

upload_2018-2-11_17-27-57.png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looking ahead to the class of 2019 in the state of Florida

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...ass-of-2019-in-the-state-of-Florida-115031446

The signing period that began on Feb. 7 is technically still open, but almost all of the decisions regarding class of 2018 prospects have been settled. So now let's take a look ahead to the top prospects, strengths, weaknesses, and major storylines for the class of 2019 – with a focus on the state of Florida.

Players from the state of Florida in the Top247 for the class of 2019:

3. DE Nolan Smith - Georgia commit

6. RB Trey Sanders

8. ATH Tyrique Stevenson

10. WR Frank Ladson

16. CB Akeem Dent - Florida State

23. WR Jeremiah Payton

51. RB Noah Cain

72. OG Deyavie Hammond

82. OG Evan Neal

95. ATH Mark Richards

109. DE Khris Bogle

112. DT Jaquaze Sorrells

117. CB Kaiir Elam

119. TE Keon Zipperer

124. ATH Kenny McIntosh

129. LB Jaleel McRae

131. OT William Putnam

137. ATH Josh Sanguinetti

156. DT Tyler Davis

157. DE Lloyd Summerall

176. WR Cameron Coleman

184. S Keontra Smith - Kentucky commit

189. LB Anthony Solomon

205. WR Brieon Fuller - Miami commit

209. DE Mike Morris - Florida State commit

214. S Brendan Gant - Alabama commit

216. DE Derick Hunter

217. WR Maurice Goolsby

233. S Tyler Scott

242. WR John Dunmore

245. RB Cesare Mellusi

247. OT Wardrick Wilson - Florida commit

Strengths of the class

It’s not a shock to see the wide receiver position be the strength of the 2019 class in the Sunshine State. Both Frank Ladson and Jeremiah Payton look to have five-star potential and are already national recruits. John Dunmore is another talented target in Florida this cycle who has several top programs chasing his pledge. We are sure more elite receivers will continue to pop up on the radar as this cycle progresses as well.

Weaknesses of the class

The glaring hole in Florida’s 2019 class is, without a doubt, the quarterback position. Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy’s David Baldwin is the highest-rated signal-caller in the Sunshine State and the only with a four-star grade by 247Sports. Nik Scalzo is a talented dual-threat quarterback at Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons, but his 5-foot-11 listing might be a bit generous. As of now, finding a quality quarterback in Florida could prove to be slim pickings in 2019.

Which area do you need to win in 2019 to win the state?

With Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy being such a powerhouse, taking care of that school as well as the surrounding Tampa area is what is needed to win the state. Five-star Nolan Smith, potential five-star Trey Sanders, four-stars Noah Cain, Deyavie Hammond, Evan Neal, Jaquaze Sorrells, Keon Zipperer, William Putnam, Lloyd Summerall are in that west central part of the state. All are top priorities for several college programs in the 2019 recruiting cycle.

Biggest battle to watch

Homestead (Fla.) South Dade defensive back Tyrique Stevenson was once committed to Florida. However, the 6-foot-1, 195-pound playmaker has backed off that pledge as local Miami looks to keep him close to home. Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, and others are are duking it out for Stevenson’s next pledge. The versatile defender is a difference-maker at either safety or cornerback in the defensive secondary.

Notable players already committed

DE Noland Smith - Georgia

CB Akeem Dent - Florida State

S Keontra Smith - Kentucky

WR Brieon Fuller - Miami

DE Mike Morris - Florida State

S Brendan Gant - Alabama

OL Wardrick Wilson - Florida

LB Charles Thomas - Michigan

CB Te’Cory Couch - Tennessee

OT Justin Osborne - TCU

RB Marcus Crowley - Miami

OT Renato Brown - Miami

Biggest storyline in the state

The 2019 recruiting cycle will be the first full cycle under both the Dan Mullen regime in Gainesville and the Willie Taggart regime in Tallahassee. Miami, entering year three of Mark Richt, won the state of Florida in the 2018 cycle. Can the Hurricanes continue that trend, or can Mullen or Taggart, given a full cycle, topple UM in 2019? That will be the biggest storyline to follow in the Sunshine State for the 2019 recruiting cycle.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida 2020 commit Josh Griffis has transferred to IMG Academy. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound defensive end previously attended Clay High School in Green Cove Springs, Fla.

The Gators have made the cut for 5-star cornerback Derek Singley Jr. from Baton Rouge, La. He named Florida in his top 10 along with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Stanford, Texas and Texas A&M.

Former UF commit John Dunmore, former Florida WR commit Frank Ladson, former Florida DB commit Tyrique Stevenson, Florida State DB commit Akeem Dent, 4-star cornerback Kaiir Elam and 4-star guard Dontae Lucas were all invited to the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge.

Elam, the nephew of former Florida safety Matt Elam, and Lucas also earned MVP honors at their respective positions. Gators OL commit Wardrick Wilson competed in Sunday’s camp as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We better get the Fletcher kid! Mullen signed an OL out of Fletcher last cycle at MSU, btw, so he has a good relationship w/ the coaches/school. We need to take back Jacksonville (and Tampa, and Orlando, and Daytona, and the state!).

Florida recruiting: Top targets for Class of 2019

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-top-targets-class-2019

Gators coach Dan Mullen and his staff already have laid the groundwork for the Class of 2019 and identified their top targets.

Here are some names to know:

• Jalon Jones, 3-star QB, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, Md.): Jones committed to Mullen last summer when he was still coaching at Mississippi State. Jones backed off that pledge after Mullen took the Florida job and received an offer from the Gators on Dec. 11. Alabama also has offered the nation’s No. 11 dual-threat quarterback, according to the 247Sports Composite.
  • Trey Sanders, 5-star RB, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.): The Gators are recruiting Sanders and fellow 5-star RB Noah Cain from IMG Academy, but they appear to have a better shot with Sanders. The Port St. Joe, Fla., native de-committed from Alabama on Jan. 1 and Florida is viewed as one of his top schools, along with Florida State and Miami.
  • Jeremiah Payton, 4-star WR, Duncan U. Fletcher (Neptune Beach, Fla.): Florida is targeting several wide receivers, including former commits John Dunmore and Frank Ladson. Payton is probably the biggest priority for the staff given his talent level and proximity to Gainesville. The top-100 overall recruit already holds more than 20 offers, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Miami, his presumed favorite.
  • Keon Zipperer, 4-star TE, Lakeland (Lakeland, Fla.): Zipperer is the nation’s No. 2 tight end and there’s a lot competition for him. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and more than two dozen schools are on his trail, but the in-state Gators have a great chance to keep Zipperer home. New Florida tight ends coach Larry Scott, an ace recruiter, will lead the charge.
  • Dontae Lucas, 4-star OL, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla): Florida is pursuing multiple offensive linemen at IMG Academy, but Lucas is the name to keep an eye on. He’s one of the top players in the country at his position and has been high on the Gators since attending Friday Night Lights last summer. Florida and Miami are his top schools.
  • Tyler Davis, 4-star DT, Wekiva (Apopka, Fla.): Florida must sign multiple defensive tackles after striking out in the 2018 recruiting cycle. The coaches are hoping to address their need at the position with Davis. He received an offer from the Gators on Jan. 18 and visited Gainesville the following week. Ohio State is the biggest threat to UF.
  • Derick Hunter, 4-star DL, Dunbar, (Fort Myers, Fla.): Like Lucas, Hunter appears to be favoring the Gators and Hurricanes. The former Miami commit re-opened his recruitment in November and received an offer from the new Florida coaches on Dec. 24. Mullen visited Hunter last month and will continue to make him a priority moving forward.
  • Jaquaze Sorrells, 4-star DL, Largo (Largo, Fla.): Sorrells pledged to Florida under the previous staff and decided to de-commit on New Year’s Eve. However, the Gators are still one of his top teams and they have a huge need for him along their defensive line. Sorrells is a disruptive pass rusher from the edge, but also has the strength and size to slide inside.
  • Nakobe Dean, 5-star LB, Horn Lake (Horn Lake, Miss.): The Gators have a few in-state targets at linebacker, but they will also shoot high with Dean. He received an offer in December from Mullen and plans to visit Florida in the spring or summer. Alabama and Ole Miss are the top contenders for Dean, who is ranked the nation’s No. 1 outside linebacker.
  • Kaiir Elam, 4-star CB, The Benjamin School (North Palm Beach, Fla.): Cornerback is another position of importance in Florida’s 2019 class and the coaches are high on Elam. He is the nephew of former Gators safety Matt Elam. The Gators are considered the team to beat for the nation’s No. 14 cornerback, who also holds offers from Alabama, Florida State, Miami and Ohio State.

I don’t understand. What’s with all four and five star recruits we’re pursuing? Have we stopped going after diamonds in the rough?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don’t understand. What’s with all four and five star recruits we’re pursuing? Have we stopped going after diamonds in the rough?

It's sickening isn't it? Most of us, especially on this message board, knew the incompetence that was going on (you go over to swampgas and those blowhards kept spewing the narrative that "McElwain and staff are great evaluators...so our 3-stars are really better than their rankings!!").

Mullen's highest ranked class in 9 years at MSU was ranked 18th (he did that twice). He just crushed that ranking by 4 spots in a transition year! I imagine we're top 10 easily next year and if he can pull a few higher ranked kids can get into the top 5.

As I've been saying, "win the state, win championships!" It looks like Mullen knows he needs to win back the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.