Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agree...but my point is: if he wants in the class, I'd take him faster than Todd Grantham loses his temper on the sidelines!!

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I would like to see another QB maybe the guy committed to Clemson switch to UF as Clemson is playing a frosh this year and UF clearly is still in need of a QB.

We already have Emory Jones, and then Jalon Jones is on the commitment list, and Franks still has a couple of years left. Unless the other QB is other worldly, I like what we have so far.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We already have Emory Jones, and then Jalon Jones is on the commitment list, and Franks still has a couple of years left. Unless the other QB is other worldly, I like what we have so far.

This is preposterous. You think because UF has one QB commitment and has Franks, that is a reason not to take another QB prospect. Do you think UF's QB play has been so excellent this year that we UF fans should just forget about Spurrier, Reaves, Gaffney, Bell, Matthews, Weurffel, Grossman and Tebow? Good grief!

UF not only should take another QB commitment. UF should seek another QB commitment and UF is a very attactive place of a QB who has committed to a place where a true Frosh has won the job.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
This is preposterous. You think because UF has one QB commitment and has Franks, that is a reason not to take another QB prospect. Do you think UF's QB play has been so excellent this year that we UF fans should just forget about Spurrier, Reaves, Gaffney, Bell, Matthews, Weurffel, Grossman and Tebow? Good grief!

UF not only should take another QB commitment. UF should seek another QB commitment and UF is a very attactive place of a QB who has committed to a place where a true Frosh has won the job.

Not exactly sure what you are rambling about. Does it look like Clemson's commit is a potential Spurrier, Reaves, Gaffney, Bell, Matthews, Weurffel, Grossman or Tebow? Does not look much better than EJ did or JJ does.

Do you really think we can get away with two DT QBs commiting to us who look roughly the same,without the other decommitting, not to forget that there are FF and Emory Jones on the roster?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you take a look at the QB lists on rivals and 247, unless we flip somebody, there's nothing but scraps. I could see a "preferred" walk-on getting an offer, but we're not landing a highly ranked QB outside of the one we have.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not exactly sure what you are rambling about. Does it look like Clemson's commit is a potential Spurrier, Reaves, Gaffney, Bell, Matthews, Weurffel, Grossman or Tebow? Does not look much better than EJ did or JJ does.

Do you really think we can get away with two DT QBs commiting to us who look roughly the same,without the other decommitting, not to forget that there are FF and Emory Jones on the roster?

You may have missed this but the Clemson commitment is a high school QB. So of course he does not look like a polished college QB yet. The Clemson QB commitment is just an example, I would be happy with whatever additional QB prospect the staff wanted and could get.

I mentioned the former UF great QBs because I thought their names might just might cause you to remember and recognize that UF's QB play is not so great that UF does not need improvement nor additional recruits. Just trying to jog your memory there.

Another think that you might want to jog your memory with is that in the past UF has signed Wuerffel and Kresser in the same year. UF has signed Brantley and Newton in the same year. High school QBs if they are smart are less worried about guys in their class, but rather guys a year or so ahead of them winning the job before they get to the program and get on their feet.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If you take a look at the QB lists on rivals and 247, unless we flip somebody, there's nothing but scraps. I could see a "preferred" walk-on getting an offer, but we're not landing a highly ranked QB outside of the one we have.

Yep it is probably going to be a flip, if UF gets another QB. Then again this time last year UF fans were all in on Matt Corral.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I dont get to caught up on class rankings as much as I do which positions we filled. Hell, you could land 4 top DBs and be ranked high. Look at what Champ did here, top classes while completely ignoring the OL ect..

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I dont get to caught up on class rankings as much as I do which positions we filled. Hell, you could land 4 top DBs and be ranked high. Look at what Champ did here, top classes while completely ignoring the OL ect..

Maybe both are important.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Staff visits this week:

RB N. Wright (I can't spell his first name) - visiting him on Thursday
CB Elam, visiting his game on Friday
I sure as shyt hope they are visiting more than just that

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our QB pool includes Franks, Trask, Emory Jones, and Jaylin Jackson/Toney as emergency backups. They will all be here next year when Jalon Jones gets here next year and when Richardson gets here the year after. We're not going after anymore transfers or commits. It seems pretty obvious that Mullen will try to keep 4 scholly QBs with preferred walkon emergency backups. I wouldn't doubt seeing the recruitment of HS QBs like Toney switching positions becoming more frequent here as well.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

So you want another Butters special?

If we’re wishing here let’s wish for something we need.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sure as shyt hope they are visiting more than just that
I believe they are hitting up the Lakeland game as well to see Zip, Summerall and Hammond.

I would imagine they are staying very local as far as recruiting goes...they kind of have a big game to prepare for next week.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jalon Jones played last night, a 28-27 win:

11/23, 219 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT, 153 rushing yards, 1 TD

====

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.