Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Pickering is visiting on the 17th of November. Why do they not visit during the bye week? The way the coaches can really spend a lot of time with them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pickering is visiting on the 17th of November. Why do they not visit during the bye week? The way the coaches can really spend a lot of time with them.
No game experience to be had. Plus coaches use the bye week to travel some too. Not to mention the players may be given time to go home and not be on campus to host.

But that's the Idaho date, so he should have a lot of time with the coaches.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Larry Scott set to visit Zipperer (and Summerall, Hammond) at Lakeland on Friday night. Lakeland also has a junior (2020) who is a high 4-star (borderline 5-star) RB, Demarkcus Bowman.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Kayvon Thibodeaux is also trying to schedule an official visit.

Chris Steele removed his USC commitment video from his twitter page.

Not trying to get your hopes up or anything...

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Well lets see:

1. I do not expect 5 QBs to get reps. I want to have 5 prospects and the coaches will pretty quickly identify those that are in the upper tier to potentially play. You can not do that when they are in high school. You actually have to sign and practice them to really see who MIGHT be a QB at this level.

2. As I have said earlier in this thread, I am not in favor of 6 OL in one class because someone usually gets lost in the shuffle. Well in a QB battle several always get lost in the shuffle it does not matter whether there are 5 or 6 candidates. Still the more candidates the more likely you find a good one. That said, I would not expect nor want 6 QBs prospects on the roster when you have a semi-established so so QB as UF does now. I mainly through in the 6 when I was talking about the possibility of playing a WR at QB due to injuries of all your scholarship QBs.

3. No one ever in the history of football has transferred for better coaching. (That is hyperbole.) Players transfer to play. That happens all the time with QBs. That is what Brissett, Martin, Kresser etc did and ended up in the NFL which likely would not have happened had they stayed at UF.

4. My view is that high school players do not worry about competition much. They think they are better than everyone because up to this point they have been. And certainly in the past when UF had good QBs UF was able to sign other good prospects. This has been particularly true when new GOOD coaches have shown up at UF and needed to find a QB. Also high QBs scared of competition often do not turn out to be good college QBs.

So I am still hoping UF finds a second QB for this class.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Kayvon Thibodeaux is also trying to schedule an official visit.

Chris Steele removed his USC commitment video from his twitter page.

Not trying to get your hopes up or anything...

It's a long shot, but these two 5*s and a half dozen more 4*s would give us a top 5 class.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It's a long shot, but these two 5*s and a half dozen more 4*s would give us a top 5 class.

And everyone here (including me though I don't think I posted about it) who criticized Mullen for wasting so many resources in CA would have to eat crow.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I think we are in basic agreement on this. You clearly want more prospects to less, but I agree you need to make sure taking another prospect doesn't cost you a commitment you already have. I also agree there is no reason to take a prospect just to take a prospect, but I am pretty confident that these coaches are not going to do that, as I think in general programs at the UF level do not do that. I have continually suggested this would be someone UF flipped because I am not suggesting going way down the board just to take a body.

As far as coaching a player goes, I suspect you get coached hard at places like UF until the moment it becomes clear that you are missing something and really are unlikely to get on the field. I doubt that happens the first year a kid is in a program, but from there on you have to earn your attention from the staff.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Are you fcvktards still pontificating about how many QB's to take? traz and insti - talk about a marriage made in heaven.

I firmly believe that we should take 4.5 QB's. Who's with me?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Traz, I'm thinking maybe Mullen's lukewarm recruiting just might be that by his nature he can't mislead youngsters.
In recruiting, probably honesty ain't the best policy? = like hidden greyshirts ?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you fcvktards still pontificating about how many QB's to take? traz and insti - talk about a marriage made in heaven.

I firmly believe that we should take 4.5 QB's. Who's with me?
this the half?

Tiny-Johnny-e1418648016275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator