Recruiting 2019 Recruiting Thread: Mock Class added

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by BMF, Jan 22, 2018.

?

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

1. Swamp Donkey

12.0%
  2. Swamp Queen

22.0%
  3. Durty South Swamp

22.0%
  4. dubster1

22.0%
  5. BNAG8R

22.0%
  1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Ox is a Poor Man's JBoss
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $19,005
    Ratings:
    +43,214 / -1,499
    That only holds water if he wasn't landing his second straight Butterish recruiting class. We are a little more than three weeks out from ESD and he just loaded up for all his last gasp recruits last weekend and served up that shyt show. They aren't coming.

#7881 Swamp Donkey, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,980
    Ratings:
    +2,117 / -260
    I can't believe you guys are still trying to argue we have 4-win talent. For comparison Derek Mason has 4+ wins in every season after his 1st at vandy. That is 4-win talent. We have a very comparable schedule this year (we have lsu, but they had ND) and yet vandy is once again probably over 4 wins. We have 10x the talent of vandy, even with butters recruiting, so why should we be a 4-win team? Unless you just think derek mason is just an elite coach?

3. Renard904

Renard904 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $166
    Ratings:
    +510 / -76
    Dude, you're outta your mind to contend that Mullen was handed an 8 win team.

I'm sure you watched games last season. That team was atrocious. They sucked before and after the coaching change. What 8 teams could they have beaten? If we played 12-13 Div 1AA schools I'm still not convinced we would've won 8 games.
    This maybe the biggest crock of bull I've ever heard you spew.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
    • List
    • alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,361
      Ratings:
      +8,321 / -275
      Any who thinks we have 4 win talent is garbage. There I said it. Look at the class rankings. We are supposed to be somewhere in the mid teens. Since when does a team with talent in the mid teens constitute four wins. What Mullen got was a four win locker room which is completely different

• Like Like x 9
      • Facepalm Facepalm x 2
      • List
      • Renard904

Renard904 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
        $166
        Ratings:
        +510 / -76
        We play in the SEC not the AAC. Our middling classes were not that great. Also, your argument holds no weight when you consider Feliepe was a high 4* recruit. You can't just blindly look at the rankings. That 4* player is playing like a 2*. Player development matters. Just because we had mid-teens classes doesn't mean they'll produce mid-teens results. these kids were not developed. Anyone overlooking that is just trying to support their own argument. That team you saw with your eyes last year would not win 8 games in any conference.

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $5,576
          Ratings:
          +11,038 / -135
          No way Dean starts at CB next year. I'm not sure if CB is his best position, considering he's 6'3. He'll certainly play a lot next year and the Star, Safety, and/or nickel would be his best shot to see the field. Hopefully Wilson and Henderson stay healthy. This CB class could be very, very good. Steele and/or Elam could easily move ahead of Dean at CB, so moving him may be a good move. I want to see Burney and Huggin also. And there's talk that Reese (freshman) and incoming D. Black might play Safety (those are big Safeties).

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $5,576
            Ratings:
            +11,038 / -135
            I get what you're saying...but we were not a 4 win team last year. With the right coach, we would have beaten LSU (lost by a point) and Texas A&M....which likely leads to more confidence and we split South Carolina & FSU, putting us at - at least - 7 wins. We have top 15 talent on our roster, based on the composite rankings (I know that's not an exact science), but to argue we have anything worse than top 25 talent is ridiculous. Mullen is doing about what he should be doing....and he's handcuffed by the QB position. The lack of depth is biting us in the ass at CB and OL.

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $5,576
              Ratings:
              +11,038 / -135
              Adding to the visitors:

FSU commit, SDE Qushan Fuller & SDE Braydon Monday are visiting on unofficial visits.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,557
                Ratings:
                +9,750 / -74
                Want Spurrier's offense? Hire HC Kerwin Bell. That's someone who will not hesitate to huddle with SOS and Steve would gladly help, 'cause they think alike, they've coached UF together. With Bell we will be watching high scoring Florida fun football. Fun winning will bring the recruits. We'll have a coach that they can watch highlight film in orange & blue. Seen any highlights from Muschamp or Butters or Mullen?

• leogator

leogator Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                  $964
                  Ratings:
                  +969 / -52
                  Derek Mason is an elite defensive coach. They also have a good, not great OL and a better than average QB and RB.
                  We have a 4 win team because of 4 win S&C in the previous 3 years, bad coaching in the previous 3 years (it's hard to root out bad habits) and 4 win work ethic and effort. I don't know about you but I saw last years team out there last Saturday.

#7890 leogator, Nov 7, 2018
                  Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
                • ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,980
                  Ratings:
                  +2,117 / -260
                  I saw last years coaching and our guys respond just like last year. Granthem approached it like we had an elite secondary and Mullen still thinks we should ride-or-die with Franks while letting him throw it down field and run power. We don't adapt to our personnel on either side, which I'm sure gets in their heads.

• leogator

Oxbucks:
                  $964
                  Ratings:
                  +969 / -52
                  I saw him try to play zone, he did try to adjust. Play zone and not blitz as much. With the talent and discipline problems we have we have to play man to man and blitz. Blitz even during running plays.

• ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,980
                  Ratings:
                  +2,117 / -260
                  Installing zone in a week toward the end of the season means you didn't adapt when you actually could have. It's too late now. Maybe by fsu we'll be moderately affective at it.

Serious question: why if you're out-talented do you think you can man? Going man doesn't fool anyone. It just sees who is better and makes you look like McWilliams does when we tried to man with him against uga.

He should have known before the season that we couldn't man if we had one injury at CB. Even after he was an idiot then, he should have known we couldnt do it against uga and should have used the bye week to install stuff. Not before the best QB and passing team on our schedule. That is a perfect recipe for your players looking stupid and undisciplined.

#7893 ltraz, Nov 7, 2018
                  Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
                  • BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $5,576
                    Ratings:
                    +11,038 / -135
                    Rog, I'm all in favor of Bell running his offense in Gainesville. I said it during the coaching hire. Mullen was the "safe" hire for Stricklin. Bell is getting older though....and by the time - if - Mullen were to get fired, Bell would be nearing 60 (if not already there). But I said this during the hiring process; they could have hired Bell for $500K and he would have taken the job. Fill his contract with incentives and see what he can do. I would bet my life that he would do better than Butters and Muschamp. And I bet we'd be scoring more PPG than we're seeing right now. This is all speculative, but I think his offense would have been a lot of fun to watch. He'd have been the closest thing to Spurrier that we could have brought in - especially the part about being a former UF QB.

• leogator

Oxbucks:
                      $964
                      Ratings:
                      +969 / -52
                      Why do you think he had not installed zone concepts already? Or practice them during the week including the bye week. Maybe we are bad running zone because we are undisciplined. Hell during the game, Stiner left his side and pursued a potential jet sweep (I think) all the way on the other side. The QB pulled the ball out at the last second and completed a pass to a receiver or was it a tight end in the space that Stiner just vacated pursuing the play that was going to the other side of the formation. No position discipline. Sandlot football, I call it bunchball. I saw it last year and the year before and I am seeing again this year. Different DCs, same players. Hmmmm...

And I am done polluting this thread.

• Gatorraid81

Gatorraid81 Well-Known Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,195
                      Ratings:
                      +2,018 / -53
                      One thing nobody can disagree with is recruiting top 15 talent might cut it in some conferences but not the SEC. 15 ranking likely means you finished behind 6 other teams in your own conference (at least). Plus behind the noles and likely scUM.

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $5,576
                        Ratings:
                        +11,038 / -135
                        I agree, but the discussion was about Mullen inheriting a "4-win team". That roster was a 7 to 9 win roster (still is).

• ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                          $1,980
                          Ratings:
                          +2,117 / -260
                          Bc he's always been a super aggressive man-heavy scheme. Its who he's always been.
                          Maybe we're just trying to blame players with a completely unjustified theory instead of accepting that this is how granthem has always been.
                          First, I'd ask why Stiner was even in the game. Second, we'd have to go back to it being hard to blame players when the coaches already fuqqed them by flipping a scheme in a week. Then, you'd have to know his responsibility before throwing Stiner under the bus. Then I'd point out that last year these players were coached by randy shannon and now they're coached by a guy that wasnt good enough for our rival and has a nickname due to sucking on 3rd down (and having guys miss assignments). Maybe we should just stop hiring other people's trash and expecting a different result.

Been hearing how bad our defensive players are for years now only to see them get drafted. Weird.

• gatorkev85

gatorkev85 Well-Known Member
                          Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                          $1,362
                          Ratings:
                          +936 / -263
                          Well said!!!!

• Durfish

Durfish Feed me!
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $984
                            Ratings:
                            +2,133 / -18
                            Looks like we're looking to keep the QB momentum going Offered this kid this week (grades out as a .96 4* as a sophomore and HS system is the same as ours). Together with Carlos del Rio (who's about 20 lbs heavier) we just might end up with an elite QB in 2021.