Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How would anybody know whether he's top 5 in his position. Do they compare them against common opponent DE and then grade them how well they did? Had each one pull and see how well they did against the DE or LB? Measured the second level blocks for each one.

I'm just going off of 247 ratings... I mean they go to camps and rate based on what they see at camps and film. At the camps they do run multiple OL against the same DEs and grade them...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just going off of 247 ratings... I mean they go to camps and rate based on what they see at camps and film. At the camps they do run multiple OL against the same DEs and grade them...

Mike Pouncey was #16 at his position too.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2007/michael-pouncey-30973

Top 20 is nice. If we have a line full of top 20 kids, and the right S&C coach and OL, we will be golden.

I really like Keiondre Jones. Those two would make a super pair of guards I hope.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Top 20 is nice. If we have a line full of top 20 kids, and the right S&C coach and OL, we will be golden.

I really like Keiondre Jones. Those two would make a super pair of guards I hope.

If we got Keiondre and him then I agree it is a fantastic paring and I feel more confident about competing with UGA/Bama, but if have this kid plus the #33 guy... I am less optimistic about beating UGA, but I am so jaded about our recruiting and talent right now that I have turned into the guy that looks at all this negatively.

I've basically turned into you ;-)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've basically turned into you ;-)
The other thing to consider is that Uga and Bammer are getting all the "doubt" points right now. If the scouts aren't sure, they look at who Bammer and Ugly are pursuing and they get the extra star. It used to happen to us too when we had Meyer. Remember Dubose Thompson and Story being 5 stars?

I'm not convinced that Ugly suddenly has 3 times the number of 5 stars in their state.

I am still pretty concerned that we can't recruit in Florida, but I guess we have a lot to work to do after the damage the last two coaches. Frankly, Mullinz isn't well liked either from his Creyer days but we will see what happens.

I don't know how you ever end up with THE University of Florida looking like this (losing to Maryland, Penn State and Virginia) in our own damn state:
https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2019/Florida

Last edited:

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Mullen must have been a complete arse hole if people are holding on to grudges from 10 years ago. He must have banged a few high school coaches wives.

I say that now but admittedly I didn’t like him either until he became our head coach.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I don't think anyone would pass on a guy beating down our door that is a Leatherwood, .
We did our best to land Leatherwood, but Bowl said he got kidnapped and is being held against his will in Trailerboosa, Trailerbama. FBI is apparently unable to locate him.

At least we finished second, Im told.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
We did our best to land Leatherwood, but Bowl said he got kidnapped and is being held against his will in Trailerboosa, Trailerbama. FBI is apparently unable to locate him.

At least we finished second, Im told.

So I guess we should consider ourselves the 2nd ranked class, right? I mean we clearly led on second place finishes. They should score it like NASCAR.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda sucks. Missed on Hunter and pickering. Atleast we got that Humphries dude

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Engaged ain't married. We should keep trying with him.
Yeah. And it seems like most of the top Mississippi kids stay in state. Atleast we don't have to spend anymore time on a long shot.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Missing on Pickering blows. No sugarcoating that one.

Daniel has his work cut out for him.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I think we should be recruiting Florida.
Oh I agree, but I'm not opposed to trying to cherry pick guys. I'd love for us to make a run at Fuller. I don't think the Noles keep all three that they have committed and he's my favorite of that group.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm not *****ing, but I'm not jumping up and down either. He is a nice get and I certainly wouldn't push him away, but I think I have gotten so used to use not matching up with other teams from a talent perspective that unless I see a guy is top 10 or 5 at his position I'm not getting super excited.
I understand...TRUST ME! We're not what we once was but with Foley now gone I expect everything is going to be fixed soon. It May be 2-3 yrs but it will be corrected because we now have an AD who understands that football is the bell cow at UF and hes going to spend whatever it takes to make us relevant again!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

^^^^this! I like Jones also and I think we're still in it but his mom wants him closer to home from what I'm hearing. This might be why just about everyone has him going to Auburn. Hopefully...they'll be wrong about this just like they were about Simmons! Everyone had him going to VT up until the day before his commitment except for a select few like Higdon. He knew 4 days before those so called "experts" :lol:

Btw...even if Jones goes somewhere else we're in it for a someone else who has better size and who is also a better prospect but he's currently committed elsewhere. However...hes not going to stick with that commit and it's been the worst kept secret this cycle ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.