Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
News & notes
  • Florida defensive line coach Sal Sunseri and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales had a FaceTime chat on Monday with 3-star defensive tackle Lloyd Murray Jr. from Hirschi High School in Wichita Falls, Texas. Murray tweeted on Sunday night that he has an official visit to Florida “in the works.” He named the Gators in his top 10 last week along with Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Texas A&M.
  • The Gators made the cut on Sunday for the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect, 5-star defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux‏ (Thousand Oaks, Calif.). He included Florida in his top 12 along with Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, UCLA and Washington.

• The Gators extended offers on Saturday to Georgia 4-star tackle commit Luke Griffin (Chatsworth, Ga.), 4-star tight end Luke Deal (Greenwood, S.C.) and 3-star tight end Tyler Fromm (Warner Robins, Ga.), who is the younger brother of Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm. All three recruits attended Florida’s junior day.

• Florida athlete commit Trent Whittemore visited over the weekend and reaffirmed his pledge to the Gators on Sunday. The local product from Buchholz High School has decided to shut down his recruitment and will not consider other programs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Quarterback targets for Gators in Class of 2019

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-2019-quarterback-targets

Florida coach Dan Mullen and quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson have offered 11 quarterbacks in the 2019 class. Two of those players — Bo Nix (Auburn) and Roschon Johnson (Texas) — are committed to in-state schools and don’t appear to be wavering.

David Baldwin, 3-star QB, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)

• The Gators offered Baldwin on Jan. 22, and he plans to visit campus this spring. Florida, Georgia and Ole Miss are currently viewed as the top schools for Baldwin. The California native plans to commit this summer and will be an early enrollee.
Jayden Daniels, 4-star QB, Cajon (San Bernardino, Calif.)

• Daniels received an offer from Florida on Jan. 16 and has blown up since then, adding Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and six more schools to his scholarship list. Daniels intends to visit Florida and Florida State, but in-state programs UCLA and USC could be difficult to beat.
Michael Johnson Jr., 4-star QB, Sheldon (Eugene, Ore.)

• Florida coach Dan Mullen was the first coach to offer Johnson a scholarship back in March 2016 when he was at Mississippi State. Mullen has reoffered Johnson, but Oregon has the inside track for his commitment. His father, Michael Johnson, is the wide receivers coach for the Ducks.
Jalon Jones, 3-star QB, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore)
  • Jones was committed to Mullen at Mississippi State and reopened his recruitment after Mullen took the Florida job. Jones landed an offer from Mullen two weeks later and plans to visit Florida this spring. Schools such as Alabama, Ole Miss, Maryland and Virginia have offered Jones, but the Gators are considered the team to beat.
Sam Howell, 4-star QB, Sun Valley (Monroe, N.C.)
  • Howell is ranked the nation’s No. 1 pro-style quarterback by 247Sports and holds more than 30 offers, including one from Florida that came on Jan. 22. He has not announced a group of top schools yet, and the Gators will try to get him on campus in the spring or summer.
Taisun Phommachanh, 4-star QB, Avon Old Farms (Avon, Conn.)
  • 247Sports ranks Phommachanh as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback, and Florida offered him last week. He holds more than 20 offers and plans to visit Clemson, Florida and Florida State this spring. He claims no leaders and will decide prior to his senior season.
Garrett Shrader, 3-star QB, Charlotte Christian (Charlotte, N.C.)
  • The Gators offer the 6-foot-4, 200-pound passer last week. South Carolina and Mississippi State appear to the top contenders right now. Florida needs to get him on campus soon because he wants to commit before the summer.
Taulia Tagovailoa, 4-star QB, Thompson (Alabaster, Ala.)
  • The 5-foot-11, 203-pound passer is the younger brother of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and added Florida to his offer list on Dec. 26. His family relocated from Hawaii to Alabama, and the Crimson Tide are in the driver’s seat for his services.
Jacob Zeno, 3-star QB, John Jay (San Antonio)
  • Zeno is one of three quarterbacks who received an offer from Florida last week, along with Phommachanh and Shrader. He plans to visit the Gators during his recruiting process. Texas Tech is currently Florida’s biggest competition for Zeno.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Florida coach Dan Mullen and quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson have offered 11 quarterbacks in the 2019 class. Two of those players — Bo Nix (Auburn) and Roschon Johnson (Texas) — are committed to in-state schools and don’t appear to be wavering.

• The Gators offered Baldwin on Jan. 22, and he plans to visit campus this spring. Florida, Georgia and Ole Miss are currently viewed as the top schools for Baldwin. The California native plans to commit this summer and will be an early enrollee.

• Daniels received an offer from Florida on Jan. 16 and has blown up since then, adding Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and six more schools to his scholarship list. Daniels intends to visit Florida and Florida State, but in-state programs UCLA and USC could be difficult to beat.

• Florida coach Dan Mullen was the first coach to offer Johnson a scholarship back in March 2016 when he was at Mississippi State. Mullen has reoffered Johnson, but Oregon has the inside track for his commitment. His father, Michael Johnson, is the wide receivers coach for the Ducks.
  • Jones was committed to Mullen at Mississippi State and reopened his recruitment after Mullen took the Florida job. Jones landed an offer from Mullen two weeks later and plans to visit Florida this spring. Schools such as Alabama, Ole Miss, Maryland and Virginia have offered Jones, but the Gators are considered the team to beat.
  • Howell is ranked the nation’s No. 1 pro-style quarterback by 247Sports and holds more than 30 offers, including one from Florida that came on Jan. 22. He has not announced a group of top schools yet, and the Gators will try to get him on campus in the spring or summer.
  • 247Sports ranks Phommachanh as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback, and Florida offered him last week. He holds more than 20 offers and plans to visit Clemson, Florida and Florida State this spring. He claims no leaders and will decide prior to his senior season.
  • The Gators offer the 6-foot-4, 200-pound passer last week. South Carolina and Mississippi State appear to the top contenders right now. Florida needs to get him on campus soon because he wants to commit before the summer.
  • The 5-foot-11, 203-pound passer is the younger brother of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and added Florida to his offer list on Dec. 26. His family relocated from Hawaii to Alabama, and the Crimson Tide are in the driver’s seat for his services.
  • Zeno is one of three quarterbacks who received an offer from Florida last week, along with Phommachanh and Shrader. He plans to visit the Gators during his recruiting process. Texas Tech is currently Florida’s biggest competition for Zeno.
We need Jalon Jones bad. Kid has super star written all over him. Plays like Lamar Jackson. Incredibly smart. Dont let the ratings fool you. The highest rated qb so far is 80th in the country or something like that. Kid will be a fringe 5 star by the end of it imho.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We need Jalon Jones bad. Kid has super star written all over him. Plays like Lamar Jackson. Incredibly smart. Dont let the ratings fool you. The highest rated qb so far is 80th in the country or something like that. Kid will be a fringe 5 star by the end of it imho.

I think that's our QB this class....unless Franklin or Meyer swoop in and snag him. I'm not sure who PSU or OSU are going after, but they gotta be our biggest competition. When he committed to Mullen at MSU he was 'under the radar'. After the summer camps he'll be a 4-star and he'll be among the top 15-20 QBs in the country. I'm w/ you on him; he's our QB.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Please do not go after a QB who is listed at 5'11". That means he's probably 5'8".

Please see Treon as an example.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please do not go after a QB who is listed at 5'11". That means he's probably 5'8".

Please see Treon as an example.

I agree. He may not be 5'8...but he's certainly shorter than he's listed. He's the Alabama QBs brother, so he's going to get a lot of love. But I agree, I don't want another short QB.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So tired of you pumpers and your three stars.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I think that's our QB this class....unless Franklin or Meyer swoop in and snag him. I'm not sure who PSU or OSU are going after, but they gotta be our biggest competition. When he committed to Mullen at MSU he was 'under the radar'. After the summer camps he'll be a 4-star and he'll be among the top 15-20 QBs in the country. I'm w/ you on him; he's our QB.

Absolutely not, we only recruit and accept 5 stars around here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators offer Top100 OT
Gators offer Top247 OT

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-Gators-recruiting-UF-offers-four-star-OT--115614709

Harbor City (CA) Narbonne offensive tackle Jonah Tauanu'u became the latest prospect to land an offer from the Florida Gators on Tuesday morning.

The four-star big man announced the offer through his Twitter account after hearing the good news.

The Gators join programs like LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Washington, and others to extend early offers for the 6-foot-5, 275-pounder. Tauanu'u visited the in-state USC Trojans earlier this month, and they are the team holding the edge in the 247Sports Crystal Ball feature.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Tauanu'u as the Nation's No. 56 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting class

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Four-star CB lands Florida offer
Gators offer Top247 cornerback.

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Florida-Gators-offer-CB-Christian-Williams-115602058

Daphne (Ala.) four-star cornerback Christian Williams landed an offer from the Florida Gators on Monday. The 6-foot-1, 177-pound Williams also has offers from Alabama, Auburn, LSU and others.

Cornerback is a position of importance for the Gators in the 2019 class, as they look to ink as many as three. In-state Alabama has the most predictions for Williams on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks Williams as the nation's No. 88 overall prospect in the 2019 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: TE Keon Zipperer has multitude of reasons to like Gators

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-keon-zipperer-visit-updates

Florida prioritizing TE Keon Zipperer
Tight end is a position of need for the Gators in the 2019 class, and their top target is Keon Zipperer.

The 4-star recruit from Lakeland High School (Lakeland, Fla.) visited Florida on Saturday for its junior day event.

“It felt like home,” Zipperer told SEC Country. “I’m really used to the campus, but there’s nothing wrong with coming to see it all over again. I’ll be back soon.”

Last weekend was Zipperer’s first visit to Florida since the coaching changes. He enjoyed spending time with new Gators coach Dan Mullen and tight ends coach Larry Scott.

“I really like the way Coach Mullen is,” Zipperer said. “He’s been the same since he was here the last time. Ain’t nothing change about him. He tells me all the time I’m his No. 1 guy.

“They’ve been all over me lately. It makes me feel real good. They just talk to me about how they’ll use me in the offense and how I’ll be a great player for this team.”

During his last stint at Florida, Mullen had success with former tight ends Cornelius Ingram and Aaron Hernandez. Zipperer is well aware of that history, and Mullen has placed an emphasis on improving the production at that position.

“It’s good to know. I like getting the ball a lot,” Zipperer said. “I know he can put tight ends in the league. So if I was to come here, I know I’ll be going to the NFL in 3-4 years.”

The Gators will lose seniors C’yontai Lewis and Moral Stephens after the 2018 season, and the staff wants to replace those numbers with a pair of tight end signees in the 2019 class. Zipperer is sitting No. 1 on Scott’s board.

“I like him,” Zipperer said of Scott, who is a native of Sebring, Fla. “I’ve known him since he was at USF. He’s from where I’m from, so there’s nothing really different about me and him. We have that connection.”

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound Zipperer is ranked the nation’s No. 3 tight end and No. 124 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite. He plans to make his decision on National Signing Day and will take official visits in the spring to Florida and Oklahoma.

Zipperer is close friends with former Lakeland teammate James Robinson. He signed with the Gators in the 2017 class, but his career came to an abrupt end last year because of a heart condition. Robinson is encouraging Zipperer to join him at Florida as he pursues his degree.

“He wants me to come here, but he tells me just do what’s best for me,” Zipperer said. “He tells me all the time that this school is good for my position. I really love him. It hurts me that he can’t play anymore. It hit me hard because I was looking forward to playing with him again.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators extend offer to Mississippi ATH
Three-star athlete lands offer from Florida.

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/John-Rhys-Plumlee-lands-Florida-Gators-offer-115664003

6_8047111.jpg

Florida extended an offer to Hattiesburg (Miss.) Oak Grove dual-threat quarterback John Rhys Plumlee. The 6-foot, 180-pound Plumlee also has tenders from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and others.

Plumlee is listed as an athlete by 247Sports, and teams are recruiting him for not only quarterback, but also receiver and defensive back. The Gators are simply recruiting Plumlee as an athlete at this time. Mississippi State currently has the post predictions for Plumlee on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Plumlee as the nation's No. 58 overall athlete in the 2019 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida visit exceeds expectations for defensive back Tyler Scott

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-tyler-scott-visit-junior-day

DB Tyler Scott will return to Florida
The Gators hosted several 4-star prospects on campus last weekend at a junior day event, including defensive back Tyler Scott.

The top-250 recruit from University School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) had been to Florida before, but Saturday was his first visit as a recruit.

“It did exceed my expectations,” Scott said. “I was really impressed with everything they did. It felt like home. That’s what it felt like. It was amazing. It was really, really good.

“Meeting all the new coaches was the highlight. I really like them. They’re going to do great here. There’s a lot of excitement and I can’t wait to see what they do this upcoming season.”

The 5-foot-10, 181-pound Scott is ranked the nation’s No. 16 safety and No. 241 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite. However, he could play another spot for the Gators.

“They like my versatility,” Scott said of the Florida coaches. “I can play any position out there, DB-wise. That’s what they really pinpointed on. They want to try me at nickel. That’s what they talked to me about.

“I’m really excited about it. Any position is fine with me. As long as I’m on the field playing.”

The Gators have yet to offer Scott, but he has been in contact with Florida safeties coach Ron English and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales. Scott said the staff wants to evaluate him in camp so they can settle on his best position.

He plans to return to Florida and hopes to earn another offer from Gators coach Dan Mullen. Scott received a scholarship offer from Mullen in June 2016 when the coach was at Mississippi State.

In addition to Florida, Scott said he’s looking at Auburn, Miami and Pitt.

“I don’t have any current leaders right now,” he said. “I’m going to look into that after spring. In the summer, I’ll start narrowing it down. I just want a school that feels like home and a chance to play early, like a legitimate one. And, of course, academics.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
News & notes
  • The Gators added several new names to their recruiting board on Wednesday, extending offers to 4-star cornerback Chester Kimbrough (New Orleans), 4-star athletes Brandon Turnage (Oxford, Miss.), Jammie Robinson (Cordele, Ga.) and Marquis Wilson (Avon, Conn.), 3-star athlete John Rhys Plumlee (Hattiesburg, Miss.) and 3-star cornerback Tony Davis (Gastonia, N.C.). Turnage is committed to Alabama, while Davis is a Duke pledge.
  • Here is Florida’s camp schedule for June:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(he's from California, so he's probably really a mid-range 3-star)

Gators offer 5-star LB

Gators offer one of the top LB's in the country

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...ng-UF-offers-5-star-LB-Henry-Tootoo-115712496

The Florida Gators continue their onslaught of new scholarship offers this week. Their latest tender extended on Thursday afternoon was to Concord (CA) De La Salle linebacker Henry To'oto'o.

The five-star defender reported the offer through his Twitter account shortly after receiving the good news from UF linebackers coach Christian Robinson.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pounder is one of the top prospects on the West Coast, and holds just under two dozen scholarship offers from schools coast to coast. Early on the 247Sports Crystal Ball is split 50-50 between the UCLA Bruins and the Oregon Ducks with only two early predictions made.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks To'oto'o as the Nation's No. 17 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A lot of LB offers going out....

Gators offer UGA commit
Gators offer LB committed to an SEC East rival

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...r-commit-JD-Bertrand-offered-by-UF--115697579

The Florida Gators have been very active on the recruiting trail in the peach state over the course of the last few months. This week the Gators added yet another name from the state of Georgia to their recruiting board with they offered Roswell (GA) Blessed Trinity Catholic linebacker J.D. Bertrand.

This if the first offer for the four-star defender since giving the in-state Georgia Bulldogs his commitment last summer. The offered was extended by Gators inside linebackers coach Christian Robinson, a former Georgia linebacker from 2008-2012. Robinson also had some fun on his social media account following his offer to the 6-foot-1, 215-pounder.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Bertrand as the Nation's No. 216 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
that girl in the middle could eat noodles without opening her mouth.

the one on the right, I like her instincts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb