Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
WTF? Fundamental baseball under our fearless leader. A long fly to CF and could have walked home from 3B but no. We FKKED it up

See ball hit glove, leave base, jog to home plate. Not very difficult. Learned that in what was known as Farm League where I grew up. Age 8 and under.

Our guys would bite on this:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am sure it will be funny to hear Sully spin the first game today but no one will ever ask him the pertinent questions. The team is not young and have a lot of starts collectively. At some point the onus has to fall to the top.

The ARK starter has thrown about the same # of pitches in his 2 innings that Cags threw in the 1st inning. Yes I know that has to with any hits etc, but Cags is still a young pitcher experience wise and when he starts trying to be perfect it just adds to the pitch count. I would tell him to throw try and throw it over the middle of the plate every pitch. He is not good enough to land it there, but if he gets it close the stuff is good enough to carry him for the most part.. On cue Cags hits the leadoff hitter to start the 2nd inning. 2 free passes already.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
21st consecutive SEC game the team has trailed in at some point. Consistent at something. Cags 40 pitches thru 2 innings. We still have Peterson fresh so between the two of them they can throw 190 pitches and get us through 9 innings.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am telling you that SAC bunt that Robertson executed in Game 1 to move Donay to 2B has ignited him. Robertson is En Fuego...............or as on fire as any player on this team can be,:lmao:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing worse than the pitching is the base running. My 9 year olds wouldnt have screwed that up. Good freaking lord.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Another outstanding base running decision by a Gator player. No reason for Heyman to move a foot until he was sure that ball was through. We are so poorly coached. Even if practiced, well disciplined players and teams do not make those mistakes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Another outstanding base running decision by a Gator player. No reason for Heyman to move a foot until he was sure that ball was through. We are so poorly coached. Even if practiced, well disciplined players and teams do not make those mistakes.
Exactly. There are 9/10U teams that play that smartly every time. The coaching on this team is a freaking disaster.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Okay that is what we call "Country Strong" Cags has to reach out and pulls a ball to just right of center into the wind for a Salami. When that ball left the bat I thought routine fly to CF. Unbelievable.

Odds that Gators can hold onto this 7-1 lead?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can't stand prosperity. Single walk double. 7-3. Here comes the potential collapse. Team holds onto momentum like I would a lit stick of dynamite.

another walk. Four innings 95 pitches. Not exactly a pitching staff that pounds the strike zone. probably need to score 15+ to win.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags out Clemente in. Important weekend action for Clemente. See how he does.

infield single, flyout, walk. Next guy whiffs on gas. why are they calling anything other than fastballs? Gets out of the inning with a groundout on a fastball. do not think he landed 1 off speed pitch for a strike but his fastball was good. Just keep calling that. until they hit it.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
ARK singles to left. They are holding the runner at 3rd and Yost shorthops the catcher and it gets by Heyman allowing a run to score. Another complete mental lapse when that ball has to go to the cutoff man with a 6 run lead.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Menendez out. 2 outs in the 8th. 9-5. Menendez yields a one out double over Yost head in LF. I think Yost misplayed the ball and could have had it and then a 2 out single to score the runner. Jameson in. would still like to get to 15 to feel comfortable.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators make the 3rd out at home in the 9th as 3B coach sends Heyman on a single by Kurland. I understand the strategy but the left fielder fielded the ball in short LF long before Heyman even reach 3B. They could have rolled the ball home and gotten Heyman out. That was Craig Bell BS 3B coaching there.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland blows a routine throw to 1B from 25 feet away to end the game and gives ARK a snowballs chance. Runner was no where near first. Beyond a routine play.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators win 9-5. the last 2 weekends at Vandy and at ARK yielded a 2-4 record far exceeding my expectations of 0-6. TN and KY up the next 2 weekends at home. Must win both series to even think of making the big tourney.

Funny thing is as horrendous and stupidly they played this weekend they still could have and one might argue should have won all three games. What a little bit of fundamentals might do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator