Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A guy is working on a phone app where fans can donate straight cash to players instantly during the game. Imagine that sh!t? Large fan base like UF could tip-out bank for excellence on the field. Coaches could get paid based on performance.
I have faith - he'll be a Gator. It may take a year of living in Baton Rouge but we'll get him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn’t the conferences just set their own rules? Such as not allow pay for play and if it does, it immediately make the player ineligible? Or if that won’t pass legal muster, couldn’t they set their own NIL maximums? Or an amount per team? Like a salary cap? Just like they do in the pros.
My first answer is no, it is just a slightly smaller scale antitrust violation.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

They are really trying to tell us that all the top 40 teams are paying each player 20 mil a year? lol... whatever. Thats right, how can Billy keep up with a 1.7 trillion dollar budget at UK and Utah.

I guarantee there is no one paying 1/10 of the budget he claims.... anywhere.
Something about his claim(s) seemed dramatic, not credible.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Normally we would suggest, "backing up the truck," to land this guy. But with the lack of expectations for success, I say we offer him a $75 Olive Garden Gift Card and see what happens. Maybe a night out with one of Ox's prostitutes to close the deal.
Say what you want about the kids college decision, hairdo or weird finger mustache thingy. But to assume hes a fan of catching a dick from one of ox's prostitutes is crossing the line.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are really trying to tell us that all the top 40 teams are paying each player 20 mil a year? lol... whatever. Thats right, how can Billy keep up with a 1.7 trillion dollar budget at UK and Utah.

I guarantee there is no one paying 1/10 of the budget he claims.... anywhere.
Sweet Jesus. 20 million times 85 is 1.7 billion, not trillion.

And that doesn't matter because the guy said 20 million for the team, not each player. English is just as hard as math sometimes, right?

That 20 mil is the same number that's been floated for at least the past year and we're supposedly pretty close to it. More never hurts though.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
So when this passes the smart strategy is going to be teams who thrive on portal diving like Lane Kiffen does. Everyone will be a free agent either at the end of each season or before if they choose to walk during the season. There doesn't need to be the obsessive chasing of HS children as their "commitments" are meaningless and even if a freshman makes it to campus the staff has no time to train them, integrate them and develop them before they bolt to greener pastures.

If UF wants to compete they need an expert at portal diving, paying a one year NIL premium, rent those you can plug n play (O'Cyrus Torrence), simplify all aspects of the game so the mercenaries can hit the field like in an All-Star game. This tells me BN's strategy of recruiting high character, committed, student/ athletes is as extinct as the buggy whip.

Win now baby, turnover the mercenaries annually. As John Lennon wrote "the dream is over"

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I hate that. I like rooting for players. It sucks that teams may constantly be in flux. It really sucks in college basketball. The gator teamI'm rooting for this year is likely to be completely different next season all because of the portal crap.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Normally we would suggest, "backing up the truck," to land this guy. But with the lack of expectations for success, I say we offer him a $75 Olive Garden Gift Card and see what happens. Maybe a night out with one of Ox's prostitutes to close the deal.
Might stand a better shot with Austin Powers’ “Fem-bots” than those 3D cutouts Ox has been having his way with…

1705680011965.png

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama gets almost all their kids nationally. Almost none of them locally. No loyalty to the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.