Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have no idea. But that is some talent. I think the portal is actually a good thing. I think it will spread the talent a bit and make football more interesting.

I see it the other way. I’m fine with the overall idea of allowing kids to leave if their circumstances change. That was always the argument. Coaches leave, get fired, etc. and I think it’s ok to have some parameters in place to give them some freedom as well. But this on a whim approach format is not good for anyone. We don’t care as much because we’re not poised for anything next year. But for a team like OhSt who’s close and could be a legit contender next year, they lose a ton of players that they worked hard to recruit and everything gets derailed. I think there needs to be more restrictions placed. Coaches left and got fired, but nothing like the rate we’re seeing here.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
What hurts about this one is the fact that he was not only our first IMG breakthrough, but he was also a huge win over uga who had been favored all along. When he was asked, after signing why he chose UF, he stated (paraphrasing) that I could go and make another state’s team great, or I could stay home and make my own state’s team great. There was a sense of pride and shift in the mindset that could’ve carried over. Instead, we completely botch things with him, virtually setting up guys like Kirby and others to say that’s why you don’t stay home. It’s a major blow.
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Didn't beat Bammar when he had them 4th and 65.
I would laugh if they ditched Freeze, just because it's funny. Don't know if or when Day moves on, but he does not have a multi year guaranteed contract like so many other big program coaches. I wonder why? He's making a ton but maybe Ohio State just smarter than other ADs that come to mind.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I would laugh if they ditched Freeze, just because it's funny. Don't know if or when Day moves on, but he does not have a multi year guaranteed contract like so many other big program coaches. I wonder why? He's making a ton but maybe Ohio State just smarter than other ADs that come to mind.
Well damn. There goes all my hope up in ashes.
His buyout is more than Napier's.
Maybe he will just tell THE people up there to stick it, he's going to Florida, and no buyout is warranted.

A man has no course but to dream, when his reality is crushed.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Maybe I am misreading this article, but I read it to say he has 5 years on his contract and a buyout of $46M if he is fired this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see it the other way. I’m fine with the overall idea of allowing kids to leave if their circumstances change. That was always the argument. Coaches leave, get fired, etc. and I think it’s ok to have some parameters in place to give them some freedom as well. But this on a whim approach format is not good for anyone. We don’t care as much because we’re not poised for anything next year. But for a team like OhSt who’s close and could be a legit contender next year, they lose a ton of players that they worked hard to recruit and everything gets derailed. I think there needs to be more restrictions placed. Coaches left and got fired, but nothing like the rate we’re seeing here.
Put the restrictions through NIL. If they leave through their own volition, outside of medical reasons, they have to pay back the NIL plus penalties.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The problem with him is he is not good enough to play safety. He’s kind of a tweener. Probably should be a linebacker, but he does not want to play linebacker.
Ummm... I remember others and myself saying the same thing about a guy named Marcel Harris....I don't know about you but I would have just about given a left nut to have a Marcel Harris back there this season than the Keystone cops we got 90% of the time...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why though, when staffs can say anything they want, make promises, intimate, lead to believe, with no consequences?
Cause that school carries the bag.
The student doesn't have to accept it.

I'm not saying a kid can't transfer. But the free agency is the immediate eligibility. Sure transfer, but being able to do so and always getting immediate eligibility? It's not even the NFL at that point...it's worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator