Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Came here to post that very thing. He committed to us the Sunday that Mullen was fired, and then stuck. So the message here is he’d rather play for no coach than play for Napier. Brutal.
He's looking to play and not in a rotation.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We will LEGITIMATELY be 4-5 years from competing.
Not if we had a coach that knows how to use the portal. Napier, like his offense, is built on the philosophy that it has to take a long time to build it right. Patience Gator fans...patience. sigh

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What hurts about this one is the fact that he was not only our first IMG breakthrough, but he was also a huge win over uga who had been favored all along. When he was asked, after signing why he chose UF, he stated (paraphrasing) that I could go and make another state’s team great, or I could stay home and make my own state’s team great. There was a sense of pride and shift in the mindset that could’ve carried over. Instead, we completely botch things with him, virtually setting up guys like Kirby and others to say that’s why you don’t stay home. It’s a major blow.
The problem with him is he is not good enough to play safety. He’s kind of a tweener. Probably should be a linebacker, but he does not want to play linebacker.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does it signal anything other than they are really deep and these guys didn't think they would see the field?
I have no idea. But that is some talent. I think the portal is actually a good thing. I think it will spread the talent a bit and make football more interesting.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea. But that is some talent. I think the portal is actually a good thing. I think it will spread the talent a bit and make football more interesting.
The portal is one thing, but the free agency is not good for college football.
As I've seen other state, there should be limitations on it, at least as it relates to immediate eligibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.