Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Explain how that is stupid.....Myself and others are fed up with guys no smarter than Apes for the most part taking up schollies from well deserved students who don't qualify for them....If these players want to be paid give a base like I laid out and then make them actually earn any more than that by producing on the field kinda like real life for most of the rest of us.
Maybe stupid was the wrong word, delusional may have been better. There’s nothing inherently wrong with your proposal except that it has nothing to do with reality. You can’t put more stringent academic requirements on them without ruining the product because most aren’t qualified to attend university in the first place. You can’t force them to attend class unless it’s a class that requires and takes attendance. Most of the auditorium classes didn’t care if you attended back in my days at UF. And it’s already been determined that it’s unconstitutional to restrict their ability to make money off of their NIL so there’s zero chance of reversing that and they aren’t going to turn down 100’s of thousands of dollars or millions for 15-20 thousand.

The era of buying players with donors money is here to stay. They will have to try to figure out how to put some restrictions on the above the table portion or it will continue to spiral out of control.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe stupid was the wrong word, delusional may have been better. There’s nothing inherently wrong with your proposal except that it has nothing to do with reality. You can’t put more stringent academic requirements on them without ruining the product because most aren’t qualified to attend university in the first place. You can’t force them to attend class unless it’s a class that requires and takes attendance. Most of the auditorium classes didn’t care if you attended back in my days at UF. And it’s already been determined that it’s unconstitutional to restrict their ability to make money off of their NIL so there’s zero chance of reversing that and they aren’t going to turn down 100’s of thousands of dollars or millions for 15-20 thousand.

The era of buying players with donors money is here to stay. They will have to try to figure out how to put some restrictions on the above the table portion or it will continue to spiral out of control.
I agree and realize it can't go backward. I just wish someone would have addressed it in a manor like the one I laid out. I also think most would agree that there are more deserving "students" than those who come to P5 CFB programs (for the most part, not all)to play football.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Nah, "stupid" was fine, but... Protip #8703: use "stoupit." That way no one takes it personally as an individual, while your intent was definitely personal... "stoupit" people can't tell the difference.

You're welcome!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Im wondering when the era of donors paying full rides for players so they dont have to give a scholly will arrive. I mean, that wont be us for a while since we are struggling to get 85 players our donors would actually have to pay NIL to first but Im sure its coming. The ole gray shirt is now feasibly legal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The 300K averaged didn’t come from him. It came from the Orlando Sentinel writer (I can’t think of his name) that was a guest on his show.

But he did say pretty much all kids get signing bonuses. Some programs don’t do the signing bonuses, but they struggled this year competing against the schools that do.

But if you know somebody who’s already gone through it, I would trust your word over his.

Well, it was one case, so I don’t have a ton of data. But it was a high profile kid at one of the highest profile schools at the moment that would’ve definitely been a big NIL deal. I found it odd, but without sounding brash, they had no money. There was a definite sense that they’d be getting paid over the next year. But even that was nowhere near the numbers I’ve heard being thrown around. Who knows? The whole thing is so vague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.