Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
SEC ready player? Maybe we'll find out.
I’ve always heard that pass rushing is a skill that carries very well from one level to another. If you have the knack for it in HS you’re likely to produce in college. I think size and speed matter, too. Need to be able to play the run, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As for rivalries and hating uga. These young guys coming to Fla have no idea how older fans feel or can imagine the real hate we have.
This is a coaching issue.

Hard to hate a team when your HBC enjoys getting destroyed by Ugly then heads to midfield to try to get a liplock with his abusive "pal" Kirby Shart.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We're back baby. Penn, South Alabama, San Diego State....fuch yeah. Does Hofstra have any cast-offs we can poach?
I really think it would be more efficient for our OL/DL recruiters just to hang out at the local Golden Coral buffet. There's some biguns in there.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're back baby. Penn, South Alabama, San Diego State....fuch yeah. Does Hofstra have any cast-offs we can poach?
Don’t laugh. We are the SEC’s Hofstra or soon will be if things remain on the same trajectory…

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Don’t laugh. We are the SEC’s Hofstra or soon will be if things remain on the same trajectory…
Sad Arrested Development GIF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Good line.

The sad reality is we are where the clowns were (portal wise) one - two years ago, taking players from lower levels and hoping we see something in them that will translate into being productive at the highest level in CFB. (Hope is rarely a good plan, but they did well with several of the guys they brought in: Verse from Albany, Emmanuel from Charlotte, Bethune from UCF, Fiske from W. Mich., Byers from UTEP, & Morlock from Shorter) Right now, the best players who've entered the portal this go round, like say Walter Nolen or Evan Stewart, aren't even giving us a sniff and can we really blame them?

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Good line.

The sad reality is we are where the clowns were (portal wise) one - two years ago, taking players from lower levels and hoping we see something in them that will translate into being productive at the highest level in CFB. (Hope is rarely a good plan, but they did well with several of the guys they brought in: Verse from Albany, Emmanuel from Charlotte, Bethune from UCF, Fiske from W. Mich., Byers from UTEP, & Morlock from Shorter) Right now, the best players who've entered the portal this go round, like say Walter Nolen or Evan Stewart, aren't even giving us a sniff and can we really blame them?
:scoff3:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Good line.

Some players don’t start hitting potential until well into college so they may not have looked the part during the high school evaluations and recruiting. Taking P5 underachievers and cast offs like Cox, George, Kimber, Moten, Mitchell, etc, didn’t pan out for ****. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, so approaching the portal differently has to be done. Grenard took a step up in competition from Louisville and was a beast for us. Hopefully we can get some product from the bunch we are bringing in because last year’s transfers were a total bust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.