Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Maukice started as a freshman, Michael got some snaps at DT late in the year. I can't think of any freshman who played well since then.
As I recall, neither started as freshmen. Maurkice was a backup OG. Mike filled in a bit at DT as a true freshman and played pretty well, but not enough games to burn his redshirt? Then they both started on the OL in 2008-2009.

Maurkice left after 2009. Mike then stayed a year longer and moved to center, and got irritated with the entitled attitudes of the 2010 recruiting class with Powell etc.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I recall, neither started as freshmen. Maurkice was a backup OG. Mike filled in a bit at DT as a true freshman and played pretty well, but not enough games to burn his redshirt? Then they both started on the OL in 2008-2009.

Maurkice left after 2009. Mike then stayed a year longer and moved to center, and got irritated with the entitled attitudes of the 2010 recruiting class with Powell etc.
Markice started at guard as a true freshman. He had a great game against Glenn Dorsey, the All American DT for LSU.
He switched to center the next year.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

You are correct that Mike stayed for his 4th year to move to center. He did not redshirt. Maukice was a starter throughout first at OG then later at center.

From the Sun

Pouncey appeared in 41 games, with 39 starts in his UF career. In 2007, he became only the seventh true freshman to start for the Gators on opening day. This past season, he won the Rimington Trophy, awarded to the nation's top center. He is the first UF player to win the prestigious award. He also made the Walter Camp, CBSSports.com and Sporting News All-America teams. ... As a junior, he graded out an average 91.5 percent and recorded nearly 30 knockdowns. He graded out a season-high 99 percent in UF's victory at LSU. ... As a sophomore in 2008, Pouncey started all 14 games and graded out 90 percent or higher in six game. ... Pouncey began his UF career at offensive guard, where he started 11 games as a true freshman. He made the move to center in the spring of 2008.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isaiah Bond was down between us and Alabama before he committed to Alabama. He’s now in the portal. Do you think we have any chance?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Isaiah Bond was down between us and Alabama before he committed to Alabama. He’s now in the portal. Do you think we have any chance?

Gotta build a relationship with him first. Takes time, y'know?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Already getting cb for Texas :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Absolutely not. We are not going to pull any elite players right now.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Let's see, how can I properly express the answer?

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Napier’s evaluations need to get laid

bill_murray_and_his_hottest_costars_03.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics