Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: 5* CB Cormani McClain headed to UF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anti-trust. I just read were TN joined other states in a law suit against the NCAA over the transfer rules.
Yes, something needs to be done. Until this gets settled it is going to wreak havoc. Saw where there were over 6,000 in the portal. Many are going to lose out and will never leave the portal. What some look at as an advantage to them will be the termination of their college career. The lack of regulation, tampering, and the mentality of these athletes is the absolute perfect storm. The college game that we loved is gone.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This is why college football is dead.

I’m a little behind you, but in mid late 80s there were still a few scout team players you knew, went to class with, had a beer at Joes Deli, and you could cheer like mad when the took the field on kick off returns.

Then you could also say go Gators to the stars when you saw them on campus and they’d respond back. They were Gators.
So true. Looking back, I met a lot of players just casually on campus or nearby. Dock , Wilber, John L., Scot Brantley, Lomas to name a few. And I worked at the ABC on Archer & 34th for a couple of years and many came through there. Some of you, too, no doubt. (Crown Royal and E&J brandy were popular among the players.)

Thinking this morning about the guys who aren’t transferring. Set aside the ones leaving for more PT at a lower level, which are making room for this recruiting class. Yes, ETN stings a lot and McClellan does as well. Maybe Princely sticks around pending the new DL coach.

But there are 60-ish guys in that locker room who are staying, Mertz, EWIII, Shemar, Jackson leading the list. They aren’t all acting like mercenaries. Many are committed. Whatever frustrations and disappointments we may have as fans who care, I’m putting more of my focus on them. They’re Gators. My Gators. I want them to improve, to succeed.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yes, something needs to be done. Until this gets settled it is going to wreak havoc. Saw where there were over 6,000 in the portal. Many are going to lose out and will never leave the portal. What some look at as an advantage to them will be the termination of their college career. The lack of regulation, tampering, and the mentality of these athletes is the absolute perfect storm. The college game that we loved is gone.
Not arguing your point, with which I agree. But 6,000 would be over 45 average per team, so that number may include all sports &/or levels? ESPN says 1500 as of Monday, which would be more like a dozen. I’d think 12-15 would be the average.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shane went on a bit of a rant yesterday morning about the portal kids. He said there’s a lot of reasons they may leave and he’s all for them having movement and leaving if they want for any reason they want.

But he said this whole social media post of always a gator, or something to that point, is nonsense. He’s like “just say you’re transferring. Don’t try to placate the fan base with some nonsense like that. You’re not always a gator because you’re leaving. If you’re always a gator you would stay. And that’s OK. Just don’t try to fill us with any nonsense.”

And he also said that the fans will come back on social media and say “be great”. Or “we will always love you because you’re always a gator”. He said to stop it. They’re not always gators. They’ll be playing for rivals. Treat them as rivals.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He did say there is a slight difference of a kid that’s been pushed out of a program or a kid that cannot get any PT later in his career. Obviously they should leave because the staff will not play them. He said there is not a problem with that and there should be no ill will toward the kid for that.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that’s been the predicted landing spot.
ETN leaving and landing at Georgia in my mind could be the straw that breaks the camels back. What a Shyt show this is becoming! Hell it’s been god awful. You start losing star players this will unravel quickly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shane went on a bit of a rant yesterday morning about the portal kids. He said to stop it. They’re not always gators. They’ll be playing for rivals. Treat them as rivals.
And if anyone knows about beefing with rival gangs it would be shane

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ETN leaving and landing at Georgia in my mind could be the straw that breaks the camels back. What a Shyt show this is becoming! Hell it’s been god awful. You start losing star players this will unravel quickly.
To me he’s Gatorbait.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is why college football is dead.

I’m a little behind you, but in mid late 80s there were still a few scout team players you knew, went to class with, had a beer at Joes Deli, and you could cheer like mad when the took the field on kick off returns.

Then you could also say go Gators to the stars when you saw them on campus and they’d respond back. They were Gators.
This is why, it’s turned into free agency and NFL lite

1702134441475.jpeg

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
This is why, it’s turned into free agency and NFL lite

View attachment 65023
If we lose Lagway then we're really "fubar" and won't have any QB's to lead us when Mertz gets hurt due to a trash OL next season. There won't be any average transfer QBs left in the portal if/when Lagway decommits...and the way the last 2 weeks have gone does anyone really think it's not a strong possibility of happening? When it rains, it pours...

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Shane went on a bit of a rant yesterday morning about the portal kids. He said there’s a lot of reasons they may leave and he’s all for them having movement and leaving if they want for any reason they want.

But he said this whole social media post of always a gator, or something to that point, is nonsense. He’s like “just say you’re transferring. Don’t try to placate the fan base with some nonsense like that. You’re not always a gator because you’re leaving. If you’re always a gator you would stay. And that’s OK. Just don’t try to fill us with any nonsense.”

And he also said that the fans will come back on social media and say “be great”. Or “we will always love you because you’re always a gator”. He said to stop it. They’re not always gators. They’ll be playing for rivals. Treat them as rivals.
Ali Peek said the same thing.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You say October, I think after first game of the season against scUM, where they will most likely walk into The Swamp and curb stomp us. That first game against the Canes will show that there were no changes off-season and that our talent is weak and coaching even weaker. Napier might break the record next year for "Fastest coaching fire in-season".

How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have no timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball, we strip it and match down field in 2 or 3 plays for the winning TD. We then go on an epic run the rest of the season and win the rest of our games by an average score of 38-6. We hold ETN and his new team UGA to 4 yards rushing on 36 running plays and beat the 52-zip. We win the natty and then win 7 more NC’s thereafter between the years 2025-2042 and Billy goes down as the greatest coach in CFB history. How awesome would that be? :lol::lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The Brandon Spikes / Brandon Siler's of the world don't exist in today's college football landscape. One thing you hear often in pro sports is about a "player's only meeting" where they sit in the locker room and flat-out trash their performance and air our differences. But I never hear about these kinds of "meetings" occurring in the college game. Zero leadership. Zero alpha's and it's been missing at UF since 2009.

More accurate to say we never hear about these meetings occurring at UF under Sun Belt Billy.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have no timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball, we strip it and match down field in 2 or 3 plays for the winning TD. We then go on an epic run the rest of the season and win the rest of our games by an average score of 38-6. We hold ETN and his new team UGA to 4 yards rushing on 36 running plays and beat the 52-zip. We win the natty and then win 7 more NC’s thereafter between the years 2025-2042 and Billy goes down as the greatest coach in CFB history. How awesome would that be? :lol::lol:
Half Baked Yes GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.