Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My point stands: ETN is leaving because he wants to be RB1 so he goes high in the first round. It's motivated by money. He's not leaving because he wants to "win" from a team standpoint.

Not saying I blame him.

But he is quiting on his teammates.

The portal now allows it.

(I'm not defending BN, the AD, or the UAA)
College ball is dead. Just call it a farm league.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
My point stands: ETN is leaving because he wants to be RB1 so he goes high in the first round. It's motivated by money. He's not leaving because he wants to "win" from a team standpoint.

Not saying I blame him.

But he is quiting on his teammates.

The portal now allows it.

(I'm not defending BN, the AD, or the UAA)
The offensive staff is a bunch of quitters the way they turtled up so many times this past season. The players absolutely know the difference between aggressive play calling with the intent of winning and running the ball three straight times at the end of games and playing for field goals while opponents consistently go for touchdowns and ultimately winning games. Unfortunately our staff is riddled with unimaginative no talent ass clowns that ooze loser vibes.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Not sure about the “if he could pass pro he would have played more about Ettiene….
why is a RB held to a different standard than our OL? They are disgustingly inept at all facets of football especially pass protection and yet, they continue to start for this staff. A RB should be asked to chip a DE and occasionally pickup a blitz. Can’t wait until next year when we see highlights of Ettiene making a block on a DE on his way out on a swing pass and taking said pass 75 yards to the house. He should have been RB1 but I also think he and his family recognized that our OL will be just as bad next year and he took a beating this year. Probably as much about survival as scheme or playing time.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Ready for your head to explode? If he were the featured back, we’d have won more games and he’d be well on his way to the first round.
The average number of RBs selected in the 1st round of the NFL draft in the last 5 to 7 years is approximately ONE. IIRC, two is the max.

ETN is very good, But Top 2 in the year he enters the draft? That's a pretty big stretch IMO, even if he had/has an OL the quality of say Georgia's.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, ETN isn't going in the first round, that's extremely rare anymore. He's explosive, but not anywhere near a complete back at this point. Two backs went in the first round this past season and I think both teams wouldn't do it now if they had it over again. RB's are a dime a dozen, you can wait on them.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
About six weeks ago he was blocking anyone who disagreed with the obvious fact that Billy Taggart was the next Bear Bryant. Life comes at you fast though.

If you think the tide has turned against Billy now wait until next October.
You say October, I think after first game of the season against scUM, where they will most likely walk into The Swamp and curb stomp us. That first game against the Canes will show that there were no changes off-season and that our talent is weak and coaching even weaker. Napier might break the record next year for "Fastest coaching fire in-season".

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Doering recognizes our team is Mierda del Perro. Zero leadership or heart , just soft as hell
The Brandon Spikes / Brandon Siler's of the world don't exist in today's college football landscape. One thing you hear often in pro sports is about a "player's only meeting" where they sit in the locker room and flat-out trash their performance and air our differences. But I never hear about these kinds of "meetings" occurring in the college game. Zero leadership. Zero alpha's and it's been missing at UF since 2009.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chris doering is correct. Except it's the coaches and the head tard himself that the comments are applicable to. Bunch of scared bums with no leadership and no fire or killer instinct. Happy to cash a check, roll out a garbage game plan, nonsensical batch of plays, and then congratulate themselves for having the opportunity to suck ass.

Total losers, every one.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Can Ciatric help us determine which kids give a sh!t?
I agree with him but I don’t see how you cangranny.

petitive today without the mercenaries.
Competition.

Which (imo) has to start with a few studs and even more over achievers. When the over achievers start beating out the studs, thats when change will occur.

We need kids that LOVE the game.

On paper, we are much more talented than 3/4 of the teams we lost to. How? Some of it is having an idiot coach and staff, but some of it is also we don't have over achievers and they do. Utah for example.

So, either we get all high 4 and 5 stars (which ain't happening) or we get all over achievers (which ain't happening). In reality, we need a mixWeRight now, as a program, We need people like Pearsal, Graham and Montrel (over achievers) more than we need ETNs. (Just my opinion).

Players are out there. The coaching staff need to find them.

That's the Jimmies and Joe's.

The Xs and Os? We're fuched.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member