Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
UGA RB's are FIERCE in pass protection blocking....just ask some of our LB/DE's....And tell me one time in the last 20 years UGA hasn't had at least 4-5 blue chippers vying for playing time...I think this kid gets a harsh dose of reality and ends up transferring again after next season.

Again, it’s a lot easier to pass protect when the entire offense is playing as a unit. Also, I’m sure UGA has a coaching staff that will coach him up in this area, which might be something he wants to improve his draft stock. Us, not so much. Say what you want but the truth is ETN is a damn good player and not some scrub.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Okay, alternate scenario.

How funny would it be if we look like shyyt the entire game against Miami. They have the ball 30 seconds left in the game, third & 7, a 3 point lead & we have all 3 timeouts. Instead of kneeling to run out the clock, they run the ball and we strip it and recover the ball at mid-field. Needing only a FG to tie, but with a great opportunity to push for the winning TD, Sun Belt Billy sends the first team offense on the field. The Gator fans are going wild and the stadium is deafeningly loud. The momentum is ours and all of us Gator faithful sense that something special might happen. We’re all thinking Mertz is going to throw the ball deep to our star WR. Instead, Billy has Mertz take a knee and he lets the game clock tick down to 0:00. The stadium goes silent as we all sit in stunned disbelief. The TV reporter meets Billy at midfield for post game comments and asks him why he didn’t try to score. Billy proceeds to compliment Cristobal and says he’s a great coach running a great program. He said because Miami outplayed us the entire game, he didn’t feel right about winning a game where Miami obviously made a silly mistake. He proceeds to say that the high character, right thing to do is take the knee and not take advantage of people when they’re down. Billy also said this would be a learning experience for all the Gator players hurting in the locker room and that someday they’ll be Champions of Life.

Stricklin and Billy meet Sunday morning after the game and Scotty promptly extends Billy’s contract by 5 years and bumps his annual salary to $10.5m. :lol: :lol: :lol:
put down the crack pipe

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Idk if many are familiar with old eddie murphy stand up skits, but ET its o us is like his cracker skit. Where the guy comes out of the desert and is given a saltine cracker and he thinks its the best thing ever, "What is this, a Ritz?". ET is a solid back, but we have been so starved for some sign of explosiveness on offense, I think we are painting a picture like he is going to be the next Heisman running back. Yes it hurts to see him go, and sure you can use his leaving to justify whatever position of negativity you want to take about the program. But as has been pointed out, ET is not a well rounded back. He has shiftiness and speed, but could be better in pass catching and blocking. I would be more concerned about losing other positions like DL or LB than RB.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UGA RB's are FIERCE in pass protection blocking....just ask some of our LB/DE's....And tell me one time in the last 20 years UGA hasn't had at least 4-5 blue chippers vying for playing time...I think this kid gets a harsh dose of reality and ends up transferring again after next season.
They have #2 & #11 in this year’s class plus the guy they took from us.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Again, it’s a lot easier to pass protect when the entire offense is playing as a unit. Also, I’m sure UGA has a coaching staff that will coach him up in this area, which might be something he wants to improve his draft stock. Us, not so much. Say what you want but the truth is ETN is a damn good player and not some scrub.
He's not a shrub...he's a nice one cut back that has yet to prove he can pass block and he doesn't have that great of vision or a finishing gear when in the open.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Multiple players in the transfer portal sighted as saying they are leaving because lack of development and the strength and conditioning program. Princely said he didn't feel NFL ready. I guess even all the players that didn't want Savage gone meant it.
This is why I don’t see any improvement in our record next year. We are soft, weak and unatheletic on both LOS. The players look the same as Juniors as they did as Freshman, there not look to be much muscle development in anyone. Not one of our guys looks like Harvin or Tebow. Other teams in the SEC have superior training programs and you can tell by their biceps/triceps that they look the part and have changed their body and athleticism while on campus. Our guys get on campus soft and transfer out soft.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
The hits keeping on coming...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209_142229_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209_142229_Instagram.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 23

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Idk if many are familiar with old eddie murphy stand up skits, but ET its o us is like his cracker skit. Where the guy comes out of the desert and is given a saltine cracker and he thinks its the best thing ever, "What is this, a Ritz?". ET is a solid back, but we have been so starved for some sign of explosiveness on offense, I think we are painting a picture like he is going to be the next Heisman running back. Yes it hurts to see him go, and sure you can use his leaving to justify whatever position of negativity you want to take about the program. But as has been pointed out, ET is not a well rounded back. He has shiftiness and speed, but could be better in pass catching and blocking. I would be more concerned about losing other positions like DL or LB than RB.

Well you’ve come to the right place. Sun Belt Billy is losing them, too.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We hadn’t even had time to rewind his tape yet(previous viewer didn’t, which isn’t cool), and he’s already gone.
sony pencil GIF by Dropbear

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
What the hell is Nappy doing at this point in time? Has he taken up the mullinz method of recruiting? On other sports websites, I see other coaches hitting the portal for help to improve their teams. As far as the Gators are concerned, all I see are outgoing players from Nappy’s program.
We should be out “beating the bushes” looking for badly needed help. At the rate we’re going, we will be lucky just to be able to put 11 guys on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Limit the free transfer to only athletes who have been at said school for three years and any other cases need review by conference or NCAA.
You are aware that the supreme court says there is no right to do any of this ****, right? You don't own these kids.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is Nappy doing at this point in time? Has he taken up the mullinz method of recruiting? On other sports websites, I see other coaches hitting the portal for help to improve their teams. As far as the Gators are concerned, all I see are outgoing players from Nappy’s program.
We should be out “beating the bushes” looking for badly needed help. At the rate we’re going, we will be lucky just to be able to put 11 guys on the field.
Not to worry, we'll only send 10 on the field anyway

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The hits keeping on coming...
We are so f vcking f vcked it's not even funny....oh well I've always loved fishing in the fall and there's always plenty of yard work to catch up on. I'm just not sure I'll be able to bring myself to watch any of this sh!t show next year....

Thanks for killing a 40 plus year tradition Stricklin/Napier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator