Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even if Korn is hired, he'll be torn apart by Gator fans and Billy relentlessly trashed for the hire.
That thought crossed my mind when Korn was first floated out there some weeks back. But at this point I’m like, what could it hurt? Might even help...some. Lord knows Billy has struggled in-game with the play calling amid the other blunders on defense, special teams, personnel, time and timeout management, etc. Maybe some help coming on the D side? Not thinking beyond helping comb the kinks out of the offense’s hair, just wanting something positive. A sign that we’re at least trying to avoid a mid-season firing (and another payout) and fighting back. We’ve passed the “what should be done eventually ought to be done immediately” phony tough guy blather. If we’re rolling with season three of “The Beverly Hillbillies‘ Assault on the SEC East,” let’s at least try and go out with a bang.

All that to say, I feel where you’re at. You must wake up these days thinking “Shti…another day of misery compounded by ‘What’s next from the Slingblade / Strichnine Cavalcade of Long Game Clownery’ to be harped upon by my torch and pitchfork wielding audience!” Then having to seek solace from the surely 100% genial members of the homeowners’ associtations…how you haven’t progressed far beyond Zima and into black tar heroin is nothing short of miraculous. So the conclusion has to be that this place is a calling. Maybe even a ministry. And whether it’s said or not, and I think I speak for at least some of the multitude, we are thankful that you have made this outlet possible. I really think there is more glue here than acetone.

So from deep down…thanks my man. Let’s keep weathering the storm.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That thought crossed my mind when Korn was first floated out there some weeks back. But at this point I’m like, what could it hurt? Might even help...some. Lord knows Billy has struggled in-game with the play calling amid the other blunders on defense, special teams, personnel, time and timeout management, etc. Maybe some help coming on the D side? Not thinking beyond helping comb the kinks out of the offense’s hair, just wanting something positive. A sign that we’re at least trying to avoid a mid-season firing (and another payout) and fighting back. We’ve passed the “what should be done eventually ought to be done immediately” phony tough guy blather. If we’re rolling with season three of “The Beverly Hillbillies‘ Assault on the SEC East,” let’s at least try and go out with a bang.

All that to say, I feel where you’re at. You must wake up these days thinking “Shti…another day of misery compounded by ‘What’s next from the Slingblade / Strichnine Cavalcade of Long Game Clownery’ to be harped upon by my torch and pitchfork wielding audience!” Then having to seek solace from the surely 100% genial members of the homeowners’ associtations…how you haven’t progressed far beyond Zima and into black tar heroin is nothing short of miraculous. So the conclusion has to be that this place is a calling. Maybe even a ministry. And whether it’s said or not, and I think I speak for at least some of the multitude, we are thankful that you have made this outlet possible. I really think there is more glue here than acetone.

So from deep down…thanks my man. Let’s keep weathering the storm.
Excellent! :bwahaha:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When one is hired, will you admit you were wrong?
When tater's fired for cause, will you?

Honestly I really don't care either way. We hire one and it will be the same garbage we've already seen. "Meet your new OC, gators! Same as the last one!"

Id prefer we don't bc it's just more money to pay on buyouts next fall, but if him hiring his mini me offensive clone gets you a "dig up old posts" retort and an "I told you so" then maybe it's for the best!

We're all here for you bro. This is a safe space.

:therethere:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When tater's fired for cause, will you?

Honestly I really don't care either way. We hire one and it will be the same garbage we've already seen. "Meet your new OC, gators! Same as the last one!"

Id prefer we don't bc it's just more money to pay on buyouts next fall, but if him hiring his mini me offensive clone gets you a "dig up old posts" retort and an "I told you so" then maybe it's for the best!

We're all here for you bro. This is a safe space.

:therethere:
I see. In other words you'd move the goal post.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Because other programs don’t have preferred walk-ons? Not sure why this is a problem.
The other programs are grabbing legitimate plug and play options from the portal. We are getting ivy league twerps that you stuffed in a locker when you were in highschool. Are we really to the point where we are going to pretend that what's happening is normal and legitimate? Good grief.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For cause? That isn't happening. He'll get every penny owed to him.
He may get his stupid buyout. But when he's fired, and make no mistake, it's when, it won't be for any reason other than abject failure. Point out to me the part of that that isn't for cause.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The other programs are grabbing legitimate plug and play options from the portal. We are getting ivy league twerps that you stuffed in a locker when you were in highschool. Are we really to the point where we are going to pretend that what's happening is normal and legitimate? Good grief.
The fact 247 or whoever ran an article on a 3* PWO is more about their pushing every scrap of news. It has very little to do with the higher and guys we are or aren’t getting. If he were taking up a scholarship it would be an issue. It’s just not, only a lovable walk-on story. Nice kid. Loves UF. Walking on. So?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He may get his stupid buyout. But when he's fired, and make no mistake, it's when, it won't be for any reason other than abject failure. Point out to me the part of that that isn't for cause.
So how the eff is that for a different reason than ANY coach gets fired? Are you telling me coaches get fired for success? Very strange "point" you're trying to make there.

Chances are 90+% Billy gets fired eventually, I've never said otherwise. That's the case for almost every damn coach hired, college or pro. What I'm telling you is that it won't be next season. At the earliest, it's 2025.

You disagree, and that's fine. Time will tell.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So how the eff is that for a different reason than ANY coach gets fired? Are you telling me coaches get fired for success? Very strange "point" you're trying to make there.

Chances are 90+% Billy gets fired eventually, I've never said otherwise. That's the case for almost every damn coach hired, college or pro. What I'm telling you is that it won't be next season. At the earliest, it's 2025.

You disagree, and that's fine. Time will tell.
Your point is the strange one, splitting hairs between for cause and for failure just to pretend like Napier being thrown out on his butt for being awful is something other than for cause. That's literally the definition. His buyout payment is irrelevant to this.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The fact 247 or whoever ran an article on a 3* PWO is more about their pushing every scrap of news. It has very little to do with the higher and guys we are or aren’t getting. If he were taking up a scholarship it would be an issue. It’s just not, only a lovable walk-on story. Nice kid. Loves UF. Walking on. So?
Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.