Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He's dead.
star trek GIF

FIFY

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Florida on Sunday earned a pledge from former Colorado State quarterback Clay Millen, a rising junior with two seasons of remaining eligibility.

Millen becomes the third scholarship quarterback on the Gators roster, joining senior Graham Mertz, the Gators' projected starter, and true freshman DJ Lagway, who is expected to serve as Florida's primary backup.

A former four-star prospect who committed to Nevada as a member of the 2021 high school recruiting class, Millen is a second-time transfer who spent the last two seasons at Colorado State where he shined as a redshirt freshman in 2022, breaking the school record for single season completion percentage (72 percent) and earning freshman all-American recognition from College Football News.
Needed a 3rd.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The other programs are grabbing legitimate plug and play options from the portal. We are getting ivy league twerps that you stuffed in a locker when you were in highschool. Are we really to the point where we are going to pretend that what's happening is normal and legitimate? Good grief.
I haven't been following for a few days.....does this mean were not getting the kid with the hot mom? At least that was something to look forward to...

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They just said on Stadium and Gale the Korn thing, as of right now, is a non-issue because there is no opening or position to put him in. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a dismissal and a hiring at the same time but they just don't even see it for him or somebody else right now.

1:16 about Korn but good coach talk from 1:05 on

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even if Korn is hired, he'll be torn apart by Gator fans and Billy relentlessly trashed for the hire.

I think the media especially in Gainesville has been quite positive on the hires, it's when they put a schitty product on the field there is an issue. Napier got hired in a year two other more established coaches were on the market and we didn't even take a swing. More people were upset that are AD got tunnel vision on one candidate (which he has admitted).

Everyone would have sucked Korn's cock much like they did when Bill got hired, until the product on the field shows whether or not he gets roasted or not. The first game of the season we will see the same thing we have seen the first game of every new hire... we are so much more disciplined; we look like a team with identity. Same schit, different year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And that really is why it's not worth getting too worked up about it. It's self correcting either way. Get it done or just git.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They just said on Stadium and Gale the Korn thing, as of right now, is a non-issue because there is no opening or position to put him in. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a dismissal and a hiring at the same time but they just don't even see it for him or somebody else right now.

1:16 about Korn but good coach talk from 1:05 on

Billy G being fired is the most logical thing. Napier moves to WR coach, Korn moves to OC / QB coach.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of posting something optimistic, this oline analysis is interesting. I guess it couldn’t be much worse. But we thought that about the defense going into ‘22 and ‘23.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
He's......a backup, you do realize that, right? He's very experienced, which is exactly what you hope a backup will be. I think it's a decent pickup. Ya know, it really isn't necessary to slam everything just because.
I realize that. We now have a returning starter that can't make a second read and checks down to receivers at or behind the line of scrimmage 70% of pass plays, a true freshman and a former G5 starter who was benched at G5 at his second school.

There were quality starting QBs in the portal. Billy Taggert either whiffed on them or didn't bother.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I realize that. We now have a returning starter that can't make a second read and checks down to receivers at or behind the line of scrimmage 70% of pass plays, a true freshman and a former G5 starter who was benched at G5 at his second school.

There were quality starting QBs in the portal. Billy Taggert either whiffed on them or didn't bother.
I want to see Lagway playing as much as possible. Were you expecting a portal QB to swoop in and take us to the playoff this year? Sober up.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of posting something optimistic, this oline analysis is interesting. I guess it couldn’t be much worse. But we thought that about the defense going into ‘22 and ‘23.

Great listen and thanks for sharing that.

You're right and when he breaks it down like he does on paper, we should be excited. And I see totally where he is putting this all together. I feel a lot of it was from what we've been told, the 2 OL coaches, etc. and it not seeing play out is causing a lot of the doubt. And the OL is an area that has been neglected forever. From what he shows we've upgraded the talent so now it's time to see it this fall. Also hoping the younger guys can add depth with quality. We'll see.

Also with RL-4 and his daddy asking for more money. PFFFFT. Wanting more $$$ than what our better OLmen are making. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator