Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of posting something optimistic, this oline analysis is interesting. I guess it couldn’t be much worse. But we thought that about the defense going into ‘22 and ‘23.

Yeah, that’s about what the OL should look like. If you notice, in his depth chart, not a single starting lineman from last year, except Slaughter (who started because of injury to Egauken) would be starting this year.

Kearney was a huge recruiting win. I think he’ll lockdown center for years to come.

I think Caden Jones is a little bit forgotten about as well. He was a little bit raw, but I think he has the skill to take an OT position in the next year or so.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I want to see Lagway playing as much as possible. Were you expecting a portal QB to swoop in and take us to the playoff this year? Sober up.
Not what I am saying at all.

I'm saying we could have gotten a better QB in the portal if our dumbass coach had either tried or was better at this coaching/recruiting thing.

Everyone agrees that a P5 team should pick up overlooked/underutilized players from P5 teams OR studs from G5 teams.

This kid is neither - he is 2-7 as a starter at G5. He wasn't underutilized, he lost a QB battle. He is a filler body because we need a filler body because of our coach's inadequacies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...that is a Sun Belt player. I thought we made fun of that.

Sun Belt Kiffin
Why yes we do. So why not?? From So. Alabama to Bammer?? Did he have problems finding someone farther away????

I see people saying this, but he didn't get a snap last year because his thumb (vagina?) was hurt?
Think so. I believe this is the guy (Kearney) that the Barstool host was talking about being able to nail down center and move Slaughter (What a name for a OLmen) to guard. Maybe that Knigga kid plays OLine. :lol2: We'd have some doozies of names.

But seriously he said that Slaughter was rough to start the year but come on late. Graded out at 77 per PFF as our highest rated.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
At the risk of posting something optimistic, this oline analysis is interesting. I guess it couldn’t be much worse. But we thought that about the defense going into ‘22 and ‘23.

Big improvement from last year especially where depth in concerned. Remember, the backup RT last year was the FIU guy. He was awful. Slaughter being at center makes me want to vomit. Hopefully Big Rod takes that job. We still have a long, long ways to go.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I'm saying we could have gotten a better QB in the portal if our dumbass coach had either tried or was better at this coaching/recruiting thing.

Everyone agrees that a P5 team should pick up overlooked/underutilized players from P5 teams OR studs from G5 teams.

This kid is neither - he is 2-7 as a starter at G5. He wasn't underutilized, he lost a QB battle. He is a filler body because we need a filler body because of our coach's inadequacies.
And do you know what else he is? Someone who isn't going to see the field.

Mertz is the veteran. If/when he gets hurt, Lagway takes over. If Lagway gets hurt, we're effed anyway from there.

In other words, no quality QB was going to come to UF unless he had a 1-year shot to take a team to the playoff - which he wouldn't have on this UF team. After this year, everyone knows Lagway is the next guy.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Not to pile on but not impressed with Napier's portal efforts. I guess we just can't sell PT like Texas and Ole Miss bc we are already loaded.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not sure but I just dont see the draw there. Do these players just want to play where its easy sailing to a playoff game every year? Hey guys, I want to be a spear queer!
Seems to me more like a middle school dance. The other girls were taken, so you ask the one with the Adam’s Apple. It’s just one dance…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator