Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I thought I was the only one that didn’t appreciate his comments.
Maybe Nunnery will have better luck at his third or fourth or fifth school and he’ll be able to stop blaming others for his incompetence.
He simply isnt a P5 player. It was apparent when he was at Michigan but not to our G5 coaching staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone know if Gumby played in the Orange and Blue game?
I saw Brien Taylor and Ivory playing end / Buck but no mention of Gumbs. He was brought in for rushing the passer.
I have really huge expectations from the transfer from..... checks notes..... Northern Illinois.

Huge get. im sure he was one of the top 200 DL in G5, at least.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ummmm…..except he never actually went to Michigan.
Sorry sometimes I confuse the special teams crap we took from Ohio State with the special teams crap we took from Michigan with the special teams crap we took from Houston.

And the special teams crap we took from.... checks notes...Northern Illinois.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How about the special teams crap we took from Houston? (Hint: That’s actually were he transferred from.)
Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some good news. Billy G going out to see WR Justus Ross-Simmons at Colorado State today. Big body receiver with a pretty good average. About 16 yards a catch.

I would think he is probably our most sought after receiver in the portal at this stage.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Some good news. Billy G going out to see WR Justus Ross-Simmons at Colorado State today. Big body receiver with a pretty good average. About 16 yards a catch.

I would think he is probably our most sought after receiver in the portal at this stage.
Billy G, stopping by to see a receiver while visiting the folks at home! JK. This would be a good receiver to get. Good size, average speed, good hands and fights for catches when needed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we have a Clearwater kid (who went to USC) who wants to visit UF. Jason Zandamela. Has good tape and one of the more coveted lineman in the portal. He wants to come back home and is visiting UCF this week. He has not scheduled a visit to UF yet because UF just had a 2025 kid moving into the 2024 class and now our roster is sitting above the limit, and the staff isn’t sure how, they’re going to manage the numbers.

We of course also need wide receiver help, but we anre above the scholly limit. This is really frustrating. Because it looks like this kid is really interested in us and we need help on the OL.

Now it does look like he’s interested and UF is interested as well (he’s ranked as the number one IOL in the transfer portal) but we still don’t have a date nailed down. We’ve been burned multiple times in the portal the last couple years because we are slow to set up visits and then kids end up committing on visits before they even get to us.

I’m not sure why they’re not learning from this.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So we have a Clearwater kid (who went to USC) who wants to visit UF. Jason Zandamela. Has good tape and one of the more coveted lineman in the portal. He wants to come back home and is visiting UCF this week. He has not scheduled a visit to UF yet because UF just had a 2025 kid moving into the 2024 class and now our roster is sitting above the limit, and the staff isn’t sure how, they’re going to manage the numbers.

We of course also need wide receiver help, but we anre above the scholly limit. This is really frustrating. Because it looks like this kid is really interested in us and we need help on the OL.

Now it does look like he’s interested and UF is interested as well (he’s ranked as the number one IOL in the transfer portal) but we still don’t have a date nailed down. We’ve been burned multiple times in the portal the last couple years because we are slow to set up visits and then kids end up committing on visits before they even get to us.

I’m not sure why they’re not learning from this.
Coming on the heels of spring practice, one would think there has to be at least 3-5 players the staff has identified who need to be "processed." It's harsh, but this is a harsh business.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DT Will Norman barely made it a spring at his new school after transferring from us.

He’s already in the transfer portal again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DT Will Norman barely made it a spring at his new school after transferring from us.

He’s already in the transfer portal again.
USF on line 3, UCF on line 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.