Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You’re correct. This class is shot if he’s fired. Unless the admin does something completely uncharacteristic and hires somebody like Urban Meyer.
Probably as well if he have a poor season and not fired. Kids, parents, HS coaches will get tired of his talk.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's not even up for discussion. This class was shot when we decided to retain Bill Napier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that will make a great class in more NIL money. I personally don't think a college athlete should get a dime for their athletic prowess, but that's just me.
I've got some bad news for you if you think we aren't alread top 10 in NIL money.

Just concentrate on Tampa to Jax and own it. Hard to recruit there though when you spend most of your time in Texas and Louisiana. Florida kids dont get homesick for mama and go back to the other state.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I've got some bad news for you if you think we aren't alread top 10 in NIL money.

Just concentrate on Tampa to Jax and own it. Hard to recruit there though when you spend most of your time in Texas and Louisiana.
Funny thing is there was reports we were top in 5 in NIL money less than 24 months ago. The university of Florida doesn’t have a money raising problem, it has losing 7 games in back to fuching back seasons problem. If slingblade would have have won 8 or 9 games last year we would have finished top 2 or 3 in recruiting.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Well he's a queer so...

oh-yeah-mrw.gif

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Funny thing is there was reports we were top in 5 in NIL money less than 24 months ago. The university of Florida doesn’t have a money raising problem, it has losing 7 games in back to fuching back seasons problem. If slingblade would have have won 8 or 9 games last year we would have finished top 2 or 3 in recruiting.
Seems we are eighth in the country and 6th in the SEC.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
The interesting statement is that a D1 power 5 school needs 13M in NIL funding to "maintain" their roster. Tennessee thinks they can whip up 25M in NIL support without question. Right now UF seems to have 16M in NIL support.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The interesting statement is that a D1 power 5 school needs 13M in NIL funding to "maintain" their roster. Tennessee thinks they can whip up 25M in NIL support without question. Right now UF seems to have 16M in NIL support.

There’s zero chance that’s sustainable. No ROI, no recognition, just wasteful spending. The real disaster is going to be the classes 4-5 years from now(maybe sooner) where there’s essentially nothing because the big donors and even the casual fans stop this stupidity. Tough to take back an entitlement and it will be ugly when they have to.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
There’s zero chance that’s sustainable. No ROI, no recognition, just wasteful spending. The real disaster is going to be the classes 4-5 years from now(maybe sooner) where there’s essentially nothing because the big donors and even the casual fans stop this stupidity. Tough to take back an entitlement and it will be ugly when they have to.
Exactly. Sorta my point. And the siren call of the end of college athletics. (A mixed but intended metaphor.)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There’s zero chance that’s sustainable. No ROI, no recognition, just wasteful spending.
Companies pay millions for 30 seconds of advertising with big audiences. Maybe some day we will have big audiences again. I have my doubt about ROI but they still do.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Companies pay millions for 30 seconds of advertising with big audiences.. I have my doubt about ROI but they still do.

But they’re getting their name out there. So they’re at least getting something out of it. They also don’t have a choice. If all competitors are spending on advertising, you can’t simply choose not to. It’s integral to your business. The whole NIL thing is not.

If we’re talking about a car dealership having a player drive their car and do advertising or promotional events, that’s one thing. Dexter did that with a State Farm office in ‘21. But if there’s a rolling cost of 15+ mil to maintain a competitive roster each year, with no clear path to a benefit, and getting no actual ROI, that will be a novelty that runs dry soon enough. I think we’ve seen a precursor to this with A&M. Deep pockets or not, there’s a cutoff point where it no longer makes sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But they’re getting their name out there. So they’re at least getting something out of it. They also don’t have a choice. If all competitors are spending on advertising, you can’t simply choose not to. It’s integral to your business. The whole NIL thing is not. there’s a cutoff point where it no longer makes sense.

Well, the NIL thing SHOULD be "Hi, Im Graham Mertz"
"And Im DJ Lagway"
"We always start our day with Florida orange juice, the offical juice of the ORANGE and blue."

But UAA demands to keep "the official orange juice of the Florida Gators" to themselves.

FAiWkQoX0AIf8fl-1024x768.jpeg

We need to be much more aggressive with this. Some companies might even support UF in someplaces, FSU and others but if they are advertising, we should be selling the faces of popular Gators.

This really isnt that hard.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve read somewhere those guys were actually decent people. Plus their slaves got free OJ all day. That’s practically a health plan.
They were simply protecting their native Southland from those wankees from the northern territory with all their, "freedmen" talk and those darn accents.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, the NIL thing SHOULD be "Hi, Im Graham Mertz"
"And Im DJ Lagway"
"We always start our day with Florida orange juice, the offical juice of the ORANGE and blue."

But UAA demands to keep "the official orange juice of the Florida Gators" to themselves.

FAiWkQoX0AIf8fl-1024x768.jpeg

We need to be much more aggressive with this. Some companies might even support UF in someplaces, FSU and others but if they are advertising, we should be selling the faces of popular Gators.

This really isnt that hard.

I’m no Morgan or Uk fan, but that’s what NIL was supposed to be in principle. Current players being able to use their popularity for gain. M&M gets immediate traction with passersby because of who the players are. Both parties win. But it was never going to stay within those confines and is now simply PFP. Cool if you’re an NFL owner(no not that type of owner, B52), and spending will increase tix sales, sell merchandise, etc and the value of your business grows. Not so much if you’re just a wealthy booster being asked to write a check every year with nothing in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator