Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm wishing they would just go back to NSD in February. The ESD is just pushing up the same craziness, but putting it into the early bowl game season. The traditional NSD is just another day now. ESD isn't as special due to it's timing and NSD is an also ran.

More importantly, you have to project what a junio MIGHT look like as a senior in HS and then how that MIGHT relate college. The HS all star games were a place where you got to see good on good but these are basically irrelevant now as they are too late in the process. This is why Saban objected to ESD, not because he could buy the ones he wanted.

It benefits the players who’ve made their minds up months in advance, often to focus strictly on their senior season of HS, but then get bombarded for 2+ months by schools trying to flip them. Basically the ones who did it the responsible way. And sometimes they’d cave last minute and make a different, wrong choice(sadly, see Dante Fowler). So from that standpoint, I get it. But yeah it throws things off in evaluating I’m sure. And I totally agree with Douglas that Feb is a joke and should just be killed. Make it one or the other, not both, especially with the portal windows that now exist.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It benefits the players who’ve made their minds up months in advance, often to focus strictly on their senior season of HS, but then get bombarded for 2+ months by schools trying to flip them. Basically the ones who did it the responsible way. And sometimes they’d cave last minute and make a different, wrong choice(sadly, see Dante Fowler). So from that standpoint, I get it. But yeah it throws things off in evaluating I’m sure. And I totally agree with Douglas that Feb is a joke and should just be killed. Make it one or the other, not both, especially with the portal windows that now exist.

ESD is after their senior season... so it doesn't really help with that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ESD is after their senior season... so it doesn't really help with that.

No, I’m aware of that. What I’m saying is some kids like to commit late summer, focus on their last season and then are really ready to sign almost immediately. Instead, they’d be hounded nonstop for 2 more months when they ultimately wanted the whole thing over. I think McCray is a good example of that. He even said he waited to be sure and done with it all. And even with the ESD he ended up taking a visit and we nearly lost him. No way he’d have made it to last Wed. And not because he didn’t want to be here, but because at some point we’re the old wife and the strange receptionist—who isn’t even an upgrade—flirts just enough to get traction.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No reason you couldnt just commit and enroll in January just like the good ole days though.

Let’s be honest here. The reason we don’t like the ESD is because of our performance in recent years on ESD, and later on NSD. I also find myself not caring for the playoff, the SEC championship game, college game day, the CBS music, Gary Danielson’s voice, the commercials, NIL, baby kittens, the portal, those modern shaped helmets, people suddenly using the word curated, orange end zones, black jerseys, the AP poll or Sep through December in general. Of all people, I thought you’d get that.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
D’Antre Robinson used that NIL money to get a house for his mama.

Ahh...That's so sweet, so inspiring.
Makes me want to send some cash into Florida Victorious.
I mean, I still owe about another 17 years or so on my own FN house so hey, why not give more so others can buy momma a new house.

This shiit gets more ridiculous every day.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I mean, I still owe about another 17 years or so on my own FN house so hey, why not give more so others can buy momma a new house.

I don’t disagree with you on the whole thing being ridiculous. But maybe if you hadn’t spazzed out and punched holes in your walls every time we missed a field goal or lost a game recently, you wouldn’t have had to keep refinancing to cover the costs of the repairs. that home should’ve been paid off years ago.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I don’t disagree with you on the whole thing being ridiculous. But maybe if you hadn’t spazzed out and punched holes in your walls every time we missed a field goal or lost a game recently, you wouldn’t have had to keep refinancing to cover the costs of the repairs. that home should’ve been paid off years ago.
:bwahaha:

:fistbump:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I haven't gotten your Gofundme egg fund started yet but it's in the works.
Hang in there buddy :thumbup:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let’s be honest here. The reason we don’t like the ESD is because of our performance in recent years on ESD,and later on NSD. I also find myself not careing.... Of all people I thought you'd get that

Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Valid point.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'm wishing they would just go back to NSD in February. The ESD is just pushing up the same craziness, but putting it into the early bowl game season. The traditional NSD is just another day now. ESD isn't as special due to it's timing and NSD is an also ran.
What if they had ESD in August, before the seasons crank up for college & HS then have NSD where it is (or thereabouts)? Then ESD would truly be early. Early enrollrees would make their decisions early. And HS guys who want to EE but didn’t sign in August could enroll & skip the letter formality. Transfers would mostly be completed around enrollment (1/15).

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What if they had ESD in August, before the seasons crank up for college & HS then have NSD where it is (or thereabouts)? Then ESD would truly be early. Early enrollrees would make their decisions early. And HS guys who want to EE but didn’t sign in August could enroll & skip the letter formality. Transfers would mostly be completed around enrollment (1/15).

Theo,

As nice as that would be, it wouldn't happen. What if a kid blows out his knee or worse their senior season. The school wouldn't want to be on the hook, sometimes a school will honor the offer. But a lot of times, they are looking at another school or out of the sport completely.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Way more early enrollees now than there used to be.
It has steadily increased over the last 10-15 years. While there is a number limit based on the size of the previous years class, that has now increased. Previously a class total could not exceed 25 signees. Early enrollees (EE!s) count against the previous class, which is how some schools get classes of over 25. Last spring, to compensate for the transfer portal the NCAA upped the number to 32 signees per class so I suspect the number of EE’s will be significantly higher again this year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let’s be honest here. The reason we don’t like the ESD is because of our performance in recent years on ESD, and later on NSD. I also find myself not caring for the playoff, the SEC championship game, college game day, the CBS music, Gary Danielson’s voice, the commercials, NIL, baby kittens, the portal, those modern shaped helmets, people suddenly using the word curated, orange end zones, black jerseys, the AP poll or Sep through December in general. Of all people, I thought you’d get that.
Isn't that all due to Carson Wentz's fall from grace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.