Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ahh...That's so sweet, so inspiring.
Makes me want to send some cash into Florida Victorious.
I mean, I still owe about another 17 years or so on my own FN house so hey, why not give more so others can buy momma a new house.

This shiit gets more ridiculous every day.

And when he signs his first NFL contract he should then payoff your mortgage.
I will praise a player when he does that, until then I am not impressed.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I mean, I still owe about another 17 years or so on my own FN house so hey, why not give more so others can buy momma a new house.

Did you ever play football?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It is absolutely asinine that the system is structured so that fans pay the players instead of using the millions upon millions of dollars that are already brought in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is absolutely asinine that the system is structured so that fans pay the players instead of using the millions upon millions of dollars that are already brought in.
That is the UAA. Same UAA who has always thought revenue cant be spent on football or facilities at all, despite us being top 3 in revenue in the 90s and 2000s, and still top 10 now.

I dont have a clue what they actually spend it on. We do have the highest paid AD consistently and Asst ADs that make more than ADs at Alabama and other P5 schools, but that is still only a few mill out of 150ish mill. The budget just says "operations" with no more explanation of where our money goes. No explanation of why we have a Lexus income but drive a dilapidated old Kia.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Not asinine at all.

If the schools paid the players, Title 9 would kick in. And compliance with that law would (probably) require all the NIL money to put put into a big pot, and every (?scholarship) player in every sport would get the same per capita payout. SuperStars and benchwarmers would get the same.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Right.

NIL allows players to market themselves. Fine.

But…Universities and boosters aren’t allowed to pay them except through these collectives which are somehow supposed to be separated from the program. And then they get paid for visiting elementary schools, which they would previously have done as a public service.

If that’s even correct.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is the UAA. Same UAA who has always thought revenue cant be spent on football or facilities at all, despite us being top 3 in revenue in the 90s and 2000s, and still top 10 now.

For the last 30+ years we are one of only about 8 Athletic departments that pull a profit every year (exceptions for one or two years). The mismanagement of funds has been present since the 90s.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not asinine at all.

If the schools paid the players, Title 9 would kick in. And compliance with that law would (probably) require all the NIL money to put put into a big pot, and every (?scholarship) player in every sport would get the same per capita payout. SuperStars and benchwarmers would get the same.
There is nothing that requires "Florida Orange Juice" to send money to the UAA. UAA could easily say, or imply, quietly, hey have you considered using our NIL players as a ad instead? We think that Mertz and Trey would sell tons of OJ. This is exactly what UK and others do. Morgan and Morgan now buys billboards with UK players faces instead of just a UK logo.

But UAA won't. That money is MINE, MINE, MINE. (Remember that cartoon? If you heard that in Yosemite Sam voice, we can be friends.) It disappears into the 150 mil a year "operations" blackhole at UAA. I'd really love to know what is so expensive at "operations" at UF that we never have two pennies leftover for the sport that actually makes all the god damn money.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the last 30+ years we are one of only about 8 Athletic departments that pull a profit every year (exceptions for one or two years). The mismanagement of funds has been present since the 90s.
I remember telling people in the late 90s that UK FOOTBALL had far better facilities than UF. People didn't believe me. Up until 2 years ago, many Conf USA and Sunbelt programs had better facilities. It is pandemic level negligence.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Not asinine at all.

200.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There is nothing that requires "Florida Orange Juice" to send money to the UAA. UAA could easily say, or imply, quietly, hey have you considered using our NIL players as a ad instead? We think that Mertz and Trey would sell tons of OJ. This is exactly what UK and others do. Morgan and Morgan now buys billboards with UK players faces instead of just a UK logo.

But UAA won't. That money is MINE, MINE, MINE. (Remember that cartoon? If you heard that in Yosemite Sam voice, we can be friends.) It disappears into the 150 mil a year "operations" blackhole at UAA. I'd really love to know what is so expensive at "operations" at UF that we never have two pennies leftover for the sport that actually makes all the god damn money.
Angry Looney Tunes GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I remember telling people in the late 90s that UK FOOTBALL had far better facilities than UF. People didn't believe me.

This board wasn’t even around in the late 90s. And it’s not so much that the people you told didn’t believe you. They just didn’t know why a random guy in the bathroom line at the Creed concert was telling them about it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This board wasn’t even around in the late 90s. And it’s not so much that the people you told didn’t believe you. They just didn’t know why a random guy in the bathroom line at the Creed concert was telling them about it.
Swampie's Rumor Mill!!!!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

I'm pretty sure it was daffy duck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.