3q07zf.jpg

atlanta-braves-ludacris.gif

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There’s zero chance that’s sustainable. No ROI, no recognition, just wasteful spending. The real disaster is going to be the classes 4-5 years from now(maybe sooner) where there’s essentially nothing because the big donors and even the casual fans stop this stupidity. Tough to take back an entitlement and it will be ugly when they have to.
If we can collect $40 million a year in donations for facilities upgrades, why does this number seem unsustainable?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I fully agree. But again, I just don’t think that would do enough to salvage this class. As you and law mentioned, it would be too late to make a major rise. That puts us at 4 straight classes outside the Top-10, which he’s proven he can’t win with. I think he has to knock it out of the park this season, with like 9+, to change the view. Anything less and we’re just kicking the can by not making a move.
9 wins will be, mathematically, off the table before our first by week.

That's when they should fire him and appoint an interim.

It won't help this year's class, but it would help me.

A$$hole should have been fired last year.

"But we would have lost DJ"... he's transferring anyway.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
9 wins will be mathematically off the table before our first by week.

That's when they should fire him and appoint an interim.

It won't help this year's class, but it would help me.

A$$hole should have been fired last year.

"But we would have lost DJ"... he's transferring anyway.
He won’t transfer if we bring in the right guy. We need to stop bringing in these midtier coaches.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He won’t transfer if we bring in the right guy. We need to stop bringing in these midtier coaches.
But finding the "right" guy is much more complicated now imo. How is that even defined?

This isn't the thread for it, but imo, the UAA needs to set up a position of GM for football. That person hires the HC. They could do that NOW. The GM needs to set up the talent aquisition system (recruiting and portal), NIL and quantatative and quantifiable requirements for the next HC. The GM also needs to do or oversee marketing to attract NIL and recruits.

AD needs to do the other, non revenue sports.

Just hiring a new HC won't change anything long term.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But finding the "right" guy is much more complicated now imo. How is that even defined?

This isn't the thread for it, but imo, the UAA needs to set up a position of GM for football. That person hires the HC. They could do that NOW. The GM needs to set up the talent aquisition system (recruiting and portal), NIL and quantatative and quantifiable requirements for the next HC. The GM also needs to do or oversee marketing to attract NIL and recruits.

I don’t think it’s complicated at all. (Forgetting Kirby for just a moment who is a complete outlier)

Just hire an innovative offensive coach. And then hire a GM. The GM is responsible for facilitating NIL and Portal acquisition. And for hiring the DC. CFB should be run like the NFL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. He came here for a lame duck coach. And there's probably a nice nil deal here for him. I imagine he'll atleast give a new coach a chance or hear him out.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I don’t think it’s complicated at all. (Forgetting Kirby for just a moment who is a complete outlier)

Just hire an innovative offensive coach. And then hire a GM. The GM is responsible for facilitating NIL and Portal acquisition. And for hiring the DC. CFB should be run like the NFL.
Didn't the UAA just hire a director of football ops to be the program GM?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

This is so right it must be wrong!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Nahhhh... hire an AD who GM of football, then let some peons in the AD office take care of the nonrevenue sports.

No business would disregard the product that produces 95% of the revenue to focus some some side sh!t that actually loses money and always will.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nahhhh... hire an AD who GM of football, then let some peons in the AD office take care of the nonrevenue sports.

No business would disregard the product that produces 95% of the revenue to focus some some side sh!t that actually loses money and always will.
Yeah. I don’t care how they do it. But there needs to be somebody above the coach just for football.

They don’t even do that for the NFL anymore. Belichick was the last one. I just read an ESPN article talking about why he didn’t get a job. And it was because even though he said he would give up Control, he was most effective as being the GM and the coach. And franchises just aren’t productive like that anymore. So nobody wanted to hire him.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah. I don’t care how they do it. But there needs to be somebody above the coach just for football.

They don’t even do that for the NFL anymore. Belichick was the last one. I just read an ESPN article talking about why he didn’t get a job. And it was because even though he said he would give up Control, he was most effective as being the GM and the coach. And franchises just aren’t productive like that anymore. So nobody wanted to hire him.
See, what I don’t know is, can the AD command his HC to make changes, hire a competent OC? We can all see Mapier’s vision is that he’s on control of everything even when his results stink. What’s Stricklin thinking and seeing? It’s beyond me that a guy failing is given more rope to hang the program when, with a few changes and directives, oversight could save him from himself.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
See, what I don’t know is, can the AD command his HC to make changes, hire a competent OC? We can all see Mapier’s vision is that he’s on control of everything even when his results stink. What’s Stricklin thinking and seeing? It’s beyond me that a guy failing is given more rope to hang the program when, with a few changes and directives, oversight could save him from himself.
I would say, yes. The AD does have that power. But in college athletics they rarely exercise it. In that position, they have a lot of duties beyond just football. They have every other sport. All the coaches under those sports. Fundraising. And now NIL.

We need one just over football. Call him what you want. GM or AD. But there needs to be somebody just over football.

The head coach in the NFL does not handle salary cap or the contracts. And neither should he in CFB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.