247Sports Predicted Final Recruiting Rankings

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
247Sports has calculated what the rankings would be if every recruit eventually signs at the school they are currently predicted to attend.

They have Aubrey Solomon going to Georgia, Devon Hunter to Virginia Tech and Jarez Parks going to Alabama. They predict Florida to pick up James Robinson, Christopher Henderson, Brad Stewart, Tyrone Truesdale, and Adarius Lemons.

That's only 19 players. I am sure they are predicting us to sign more than 19, but they don't elaborate.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. Michigan
5. LSU
6. FSU
7. Oklahoma
8. USC
9 Texas A&M
10. Clemson
11. Auburn
12. Notre Dame
13. Washington
14. Florida
15. Tennessee
16. Miami
17. South Carolina
18. Oregon
19. Penn State
20. Texas
21. Virginia Tech
22. Maryland
23. Mississippi State
24. Kentucky
25. Louisville

http://florida.247sp...-ranki-49999546

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Edging out South Carolina, huh? Bold prediction.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
And that sux! If we want to compete for NC's we need top 5 classes. Not 6th in the SEC

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our current recruiting rankings will keep us in line with our current on-field results. Somewhere in the 8-3 or 9-4 range on an annual basis...getting dominated by teams with better talent/coaching. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not satisfied with results we were happy with in the 80s.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Our current recruiting rankings will keep us in line with our current on-field results. Somewhere in the 8-3 or 9-4 range on an annual basis...getting dominated by teams with better talent/coaching. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not satisfied with results we were happy with in the 80s.
Absolutely spot on assessment. This is what we have become. Totally average team

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what all the different rankings say but I usually look at Rivals since they don't give away 5 stars like candy like some services do and we will really be hard pressed to even get a 6th place SEC finish there it looks like. With how things are going if we end up with the 6th most blue chippers in the SEC it would be surprising. I just don't see how we aren't a default top 5 SEC recruiting team every year that should average at least being top 3 to 4 in the SEC overall. Mac needs to do something about this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

That is the problem. When we had our previous on field runs like this the new coach was still able to bring in top classes very quickly. Mac is the first one since we were placed on probation at least in the 80s that it hasn't been the case.

We made excuses and even bragged on him some that first class where Muschamp had quit recruiting basically but it should have been a warning sign in reality and then the 2nd class confirmed there were issues.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what all the different rankings say but I usually look at Rivals since they don't give away 5 stars like candy like some services do and we will really be hard pressed to even get a 6th place SEC finish there it looks like. With how things are going if we end up with the 6th most blue chippers in the SEC it would be surprising. I just don't see how we aren't a default top 5 SEC recruiting team every year that should average at least being top 3 to 4 in the SEC overall. Mac needs to do something about this.

Rivals is the only one worth a shît

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What jumps out to me on that list is UGA absolutely killing it with a new coach coming off a mediocre first season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What jumps out to me on that list is UGA absolutely killing it with a new coach coming off a mediocre first season.

Yep we are still in our laughing at Georgia mode but he has been killing it in recruiting. With them getting that QB some experience if they can find a running game again they will clearly be in the drivers seat for the East in the next few years on paper at least.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
If the staff at UGA can coach we are in trouble. Kirby is blowing the doors off in recruiting. Amazes me how that happens and they still lose. I know Eason is young but it reminds me of ut. All those highly rank classes and nothing to show for it. Which I like by the way!:naughty:

Last edited:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
If the staff at UGA can coach we are in trouble. Kirby is blowing the doors off in recruiting. Amazes me how that happens and they still lose. I know Eason is young but it reminds me of ut. All those highly rank classes and nothing to show for it. Which I like by the way!:naughty:
We just better pray Kirby can just recruit and not coach, because if he turns out capable of both, stick a fork
In us

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Folks, this is Gator football. We are a 8-4 type program. This is what 8-4 type programs do.

Only one way to fix this....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

He's been there 12 months. He took his lumps w a true freshman qb. They're poised for a good year next season. Let's revisit this topic then. I predict 9-3 or 10-2 for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.