25th anniversary

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There was a woman named Sondra London. Crazy. Fancied herself an author or journalist. She allegedly fell in love with Rolling and wanted to marry him. Or she wanted to marry him so she could sell his "artwork" and a book about him and cash in.

This came up in law school. We were all disgusted by her. I suggested in class that they should grant her and Rolling conjugal visits. If she was going to profit off of that scum, she should have to suffer some. If she's going to profit, I said, make her really earn it. That did not go over very well in class.

Later, one of my assignments in Legal Research and Writing class was to do a memo of law on whether profiting from his crime was legal or not.

It's a tougher question than you might think. New York wrote a "Son of Sam" law prohibiting criminals from writing books or whatnot to profit from their crimes. It was overbroad and struck down as violating the First Amendment. The way it was written, not only would it prevent a murderer from selling an autobiography, but even stuff the autobiography of Malcolm X (he was arrested many times) would be barred, or a reformed burglar writing a book about how to secure your home, that sort of thing.

Florida passed a law but tried to narrowly tailor it to withstand constitutional muster. I think our Professor passed on the best memos to the State knowing this would be coming up.

It did go to court a few years later when the State put a lien on the profits from the book Rolling wrote with London and the Florida law stood (although it may have been on other grounds, I can't recall now). However, I believe the law only applied to books or art about the crime in question. If he wanted to draw pictures of rainbows and unicorns or bats and demons he could sell those to his heart's content.

Sondra freakin' London. I'm not a hateful person but I could not hate her more. I wish the absolute worst upon her.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n267182 said:
I was a Correctional Officer at Florida Sate Prison from 1998-2000 and I actually came in contact with this monster a few times during that period. Every time there was this disgusting feeling and almost rage where I wanted to just beat the hell out of him with my radio. However my professionalism and need to provide for my family wouldn't let me do it. My take is that he was a big pussy! Every time we would go to his cell to take him to a medical appointment or whatever he was always polite and calling us Sir and not looking at us in the eyes. He was real quite and kept to himself and only talked to a few others that were on death row with him.

It's always interesting to talk to COs about famous inmates. Apparently, Ted Bundy was quite the uh, lady, in prison. Shaved his legs and everything.

Here is a crazy story most don't know about him...he got married and had a kid after he was in prison.

Nobody would agree to allow the marriage so he planned and pulled a fast one. He had this woman come to one of his court appearances. They stated their vows right there in court. With witnesses and a notary present, they were legally married. Just a matter of the the notarized paperwork getting filed.

As for his daughter...

No conjugal visits were not allowed. No physical contact was allowed. Sometimes guards could be bribed though. Maybe they had sex in a restroom, maybe he managed to smuggle some of his baby batter to her and she did it herself, or maybe somebody else is the father. Nobody knows. Girl was born in the early 80's and used to visit Dad in prison with Mom. Sick, sick people in this world.

The woman divorced Bundy before he was executed. She's moved and they are all living under different names now.

I cannot imagine what the daughter's life must be like. She must be in her mid-30's now. Maybe married with kids of her own.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.