3-3, 1-5 or 5-1, would it really matter

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I probably could have just added this post instead of creating thread, but I heard something today where UF has 4 TD passes in 6 games, less TD passes than some traditional triple option teams. One last second bomb, 2 to totally uncovered receivers and a 4th one. It really does not matter how we score as I am okay with 5 rushing TD's in a game like Vandy, but that is not really the point. It got me to thinking about process again. I think the point I am trying to make is our record currently, 3-3, is exactly why I am not a numbers, stats or final score guy.

If we were 1-5 which we easily could be, the entire world would be on the " Butters sux and has to go now" bus, but thanx to poor coaching and other things by UT and KY, we are not.

If we were 5-1, such as take advantage of great field position in the A&M game in the first half and put them away, or just somehow get a late FG in both, a good % would be saying SECCG again and the UGA game is it and we are awesome.

Truth be told we are 3-3 and could easily have either of the other records without almost anything changing. With that said, remember Chump basically got fired b/c his team could not execute a simple punt with a 7 point lead, 1 minute to go and no timeouts left for the opponent. Punt gets blocked. They short drive for a TD, OT, lose. Execute that punt and Chump does not lose his job.

LSU thinks they scored on the last play of the game last year against Auburn. Replay said snap was too late, Auburn wins, Miles axed. If LSU gets that play off, Miles does not get fired.

The moral of the story is you can't let one simple successful lucky play or not lucky play determine how your program is actually doing. Watch the entire game for the entire year and you will see that just like Miles teams and Chump's teams, Butter's teams look exactly like those teams did in those tenures. Poorly coached, undisciplined, mentally weak. So regardless of record, the eyeballs of the product must tell the story, not the #'s after the team name.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
l89ay.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree. But if we were 5-1 you'd have a large, and very vocal pumper side screaming "just win baby!" and "two time SEC East champs!!" and all that crap.

Bottom line, this is a sh*t-show. This program is so broken it's undeniable. Just like the last 2 seasons w/ this guy.....and the previous 4 w/ Muschamp. There was NOTHING to make you "feel good" or feel like the program was/is heading in the right direction.

Anyone who thinks this program is heading in the right direction and is being led by the right man....is, well, nuts. We need to clean house and get this thing fixed!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. But if we were 5-1 you'd have a large, and very vocal pumper side screaming "just win baby!" and "two time SEC East champs!!" and all that crap.

Bottom line, this is a sh*t-show. This program is so broken it's undeniable. Just like the last 2 seasons w/ this guy.....and the previous 4 w/ Muschamp. There was NOTHING to make you "feel good" or feel like the program was/is heading in the right direction.

Anyone who thinks this program is heading in the right direction and is being led by the right man....is, well, nuts. We need to clean house and get this thing fixed!

You mean like 11-1?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If we were 5-1 because of 1-2 lucky plays then It would look better for recruiting but Nuss/Nord still would have to go. So other than the snowflakes being bent out of shape by what pumpers said it wouldn't change anything.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We were fortunate to win the Tenn and Ky games, but we should've won the last two. Our record is pretty accurate I think. We're a team that doesn't really have the elite talent to compete to win this conference, but the players have been playing their A$$es off till this point, coaching is what has been killing these poor player's great effort. Mac clearly ain't the answer, the only question is how long does it take this weak and pathetic administration to act? I'm guessing too long.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How long will this administration fail to act? Mac will be here through next year before Stricklin admits for the first time that he might should consider to start looking for a new HC. That search will take years 'cause Stricklin is no good at being decisive - that's the kind of AD Foley wanted to replace him.
Yad,yada,yada.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He is about to be laughed out of town. I think it will actually come down to his wife. She sees more what’s happening evidently. Remember Urban lying in the floor while shelly holds a long conversation with the 911 operator. This is about to happen all over again. She’ll probably announce Butters is having some kind of health problem. We just hope it’s an ailment that can only be cured by moving out west. After UGA whips our butt, there won’t be much sleep in their household. That builds pressure fast. This baby is about to explode!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If one of the losses was KY or Vandy the seat would be even hotter for Mac right now. A Missouri or UAB loss would put firing Mac into a possibility also if the big boosters had enough finally.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
A lot of really good points in this thread. The bottom line, regardless of numbers and stats, is there is no hope, no optimism, and NO excitement regarding this team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator