#3 Florida on road versus UNC Gymnastics

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gators back in action in North Carolina tonight. UNC provides little of a challenge so look for the girls to focus on their individual rotations and just sticking landings. Looking for the freshman Meagan Chant and Rachel Gowey to have big meets as they clean up their minor mistakes and hit big scores. Can follow the meet live online at 7pm.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gators crush UNC with 197.3 despite sitting starters throughout the meet. Judges in this conference are very conservative, any other conference probably would have been closer to a 198. Nonetheless, it was good to see the second string perform and be able to rest starters for the long season. Look for Florida to fall to about 5 in the rankings next week.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators crush UNC with 197.3 despite sitting starters throughout the meet. Judges in this conference are very conservative, any other conference probably would have been closer to a 198. Nonetheless, it was good to see the second string perform and be able to rest starters for the long season. Look for Florida to fall to about 5 in the rankings next week.
Thanks for the update.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yes I am. Its a Gator sport, we do well, and I know there are many on this board that have interest.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I am. Its a Gator sport, we do well, and I know there are many on this board that have interest.
My last year, back in 1990, I went to most if not all the gymnastic meets in Gville. Thoroughly enjoyed them. I've been watching off and on ever sense. Learn a little more every year.

BTW, whats the difference between match and meet?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Nothing really that I know of, I would say a match is when there are only two teams, but a meet has more than two teams. But I claim no special insight.

And yes, the meets are lively, awesome and if you're not a complete ass, you would recognize the incredible athletes that these girls are and how difficult the sport is.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are you seriously going to keep posting gymnastics threads?

f6f57c15eeac11ffeefca5594c520e28.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
These ladies are just going to keep getting better. Replacing Sloan was going to be tough, but looks like she taught them a thi g or two on her way out.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting updates. Is your daughter competing at Sanddollar this weekend? My granddaughters compete Sunday.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
My daughter started in gymnastics when she was 6. Stayed 4 years and then decided she wanted to play softball. There isn't a sport a child can participate in that doesn't have a common thread with gymnastics and I personally think it's a great place to start childred in athletics as long as they have good instructors.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Thanks for posting updates. Is your daughter competing at Sanddollar this weekend? My granddaughters compete Sunday.
No meets for her, solely focused on TOPS qualification. We may go Sunday to support the girls, you going?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Are you seriously going to keep posting gymnastics threads?

Have to admit gymnastics ain't the expression of athletic prowess that golf is, but Swonky, I'm sure you'll admit
it keeps those girls off the street-corners at night.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No meets for her, solely focused on TOPS qualification. We may go Sunday to support the girls, you going?
Sorry forgot that you already told me no meets just Tops. Both of mine were scoring out in meets this time last year so Grace (9 yo this time last year) started her Tops training later in March or April I think. No I won't be going to Sanddollar, Brooke called my wife last nite and wanted to know if we were going(wife had wrong date on her calendar) .

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is about all I can contribute on the topic, I mean in terms of strength... :cool:

lsit.png

Gymnastics_Strength-Conditioning_01.jpg

864x486.jpg

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you're close enough to take the photo, you should intervene to stop domestic violence.
I wasn't close but grabbed this off my granddaughter's Instagram account. It hurts me just looking at it and wondering how I'm going to tie my shoes.:bwahaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.