3 year ban for grad transfers

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does that take Stidham off the table?

My understanding is that Stidham is a regular transfer, with 3 years of eligibility remaining. It's my understanding that Stidham and parents pressed for his transfer when the truth came out about
HC Briles' aligning with accused rapist(s), plus the alleged existence of a rape culture at Baylor. ?
So perhaps this Kid has moral standards. Thus our recruiting pitch should include that UF has 3 Heisman QBs and all were pastors' sons = high standards.

Stidman could very well be the answer to our missing star QB, could be our quickest fix.
Let's see the value of effort Mac's recruiting team puts on this guy.??

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are gone. We cant land any new ones during the ban.
Think about it. What is the result of this stupid rule? All grad transfers grad regardless. Makes my degree less valuable.

NCAA is a ****ing joke

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Maybe. I remember Halter being ineligible for the bowl game. Maybe he didnt pass.

The do have to attend grad courses and maintain gpas and courseload minimums.

They are trying to keep grad transfers from being free agents, I guess, and wanting to see stude ts actually finish that grad degree.

Imagine us getting in more trouble over a 3rd teamer LBer that didnt play than ScUM got for that admitted and longterm money, drugs, an d strippers escapade.

Here is an article about the SEC lifting the ban on graduate transfers:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-ban-on-accepting-graduate-student-transfers/

It says:

Jon Solomon cbssports said:
Once the transfer comes to an SEC school, the rule requires the player to make progress toward a graduate degree. If that doesn’t happen, the university won’t be able to apply the grad-student exception in that athlete’s sport for three years.

So again I think the purpose is to be sure the graduate transfer is an actual student at the place they play. That is they enroll in classes and pass some like someone actually seeking a graduate degree. Pretty much everyone knows after their eligibility is up, many of these "grad students" will do something else. But this rule at least makes gives the university an incentive to try to make them act like students while at the university.

Frankly, I am a bit shocked that UF has had this problem so quickly. And as others have said, it is not like UF has gotten star graduate transfer.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It appears this is a SEC rule and sanction.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is an article about the SEC lifting the ban on graduate transfers:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-ban-on-accepting-graduate-student-transfers/

It says:

So again I think the purpose is to be sure the graduate transfer is an actual student at the place they play. That is they enroll in classes and pass some like someone actually seeking a graduate degree. Pretty much everyone knows after their eligibility is up, many of these "grad students" will do something else. But this rule at least makes gives the university an incentive to try to make them act like students while at the university.

Frankly, I am a bit shocked that UF has had this problem so quickly. And as others have said, it is not like UF has gotten star graduate transfer.
Thanks for the info.

I believe the rule is a joke. There is no out. You bring in a hired gun and once he's in, you've crossed the Rubicon.

Personally I don't like the ability to have grad transfers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama probably just makes sure their Professors give them their Masters Degree one way or another.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
In most Master programs...especially the ones football players would be in...you get a B or C for just doing the work. Whether it's good or not they still pass you. If we had players not pass that's on the football program/players...not the rule

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can say this with a straight face for the first time: we didn't want them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.