30 for 30: Christian Laettner

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize Christian Laettner was that talented and impacting as a college basketball player. He took Duke to 4 NCAA Semifinals and lead the Blue Devils to two back to back National Championships.

That being said I could hardly believe what a f'n arrogant ass hole he happened to be. He was John McEnroe on the B Ball court.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are right... If he had any personality at all he could have been an all-timer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's the Olympic Committee's fault for allowing him on the original Dream Team as its token college player.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is an all-timer in College Basketball. He was absolutely clutch.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Christian Laetner and Duke were made for each other. Just like Jim Bob Cooter and Tennessee.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you want about Tenercee
but anybody named Jim Bob Cooter is ok by me.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Hadn't seen the 30 for 30 yet. I went to Duke for grad school late 80's, and followed Duke basketball for years after. He was a great player, but from what I had heard second hand he was kind of a prick to his team mates. That was actually one hell of a team, so he had an amazing supporting cast also. Nobody expected them to beat that UNLV team when they did - they were kind of like Kentucky was this year.

At this point, I am fairly indifferent about Duke basketball. If FL isn't in the mix, I don't pay much attention.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I had a similar take from the Bosworth 30 for 30. Both were great in college but total jerks. Both seem like good guys now.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n203907 said:
Say what you want about Tenercee
but anybody named Jim Bob Cooter is ok by me.

In all kinds of weather Cooters stick together.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
He is one of my all time favorite college basketball; players. I enjoyed that 30 / 30 special on him. But all that hate towards Laettner and even his little sister 23 years ago before the internet was beyond ridiculous. Yes he was annoying to friend and foe alike but big deal. He was clutch and one of the great winners ever in college hoops. His 4 final fours in 4 years will never be equaled. I get why some don't like him but the hate is ridiculous. He mattered 23 years ago and it's still there today.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n203852 said:
He is an all-timer in College Basketball. He was absolutely clutch.

Excellent 30 for 30 and clutch is definitely the word that comes to mind. Clutch at HUGE moments, maybe more so than any college basketball player ever. How appropriate at the end of the show, when he nailed the re-enactment of "the shot" with his son watching in their driveway on the first try. Then looked at the camera and said "I know you weren't expecting me to nail that on the first take." Clutch.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n203957 said:
In all kinds of weather Cooters stick together.

But more so when it's hot and humid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb