300 members and

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Most are just lurkers.

What can we do to get more members to post?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They'll post when they are ready to...some never will. Just provide an inviting environment so that people aren't afraid to post, and more people will. We can all disagree on points without being disagreeable. If people think we are all just arguing with each other then they likely won't post.
Some of the other content may persuade some to post, like with the news articles. I'm sure there is someone in there that only reads and posts in there. Others only post in the political forum, or the Lounge, etc. To each their own.

Also, not everyone has the ability to post all the time. It'll happen over time.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The News Articles haven't been updated in 3/4 days.

Can anyone add articles?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n26805 said:
The News Articles haven't been updated in 3/4 days.

Can anyone add articles?

Didn't know until you asked that question. Looks like you cannot. You can always add them to the Sports forum though. Ox is the one putting those up though, and I know he's been running around the last few days, so that might be why.
He's going to have to expand moderators at some point. Maybe he'll get someone to keep up with the articles too....dunno.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why the news forum hasn't been getting any new articles posted up, but URG is absolutely correct. Any sporting news you run into and would like to share, feel free to post it up on the main sports forum. Other topics of interest are also welcome in the Lounge or Political forums as they apply. Don't be shy. If you like it, share it if it hasn't already been shared. Every new topic is something new for people to discuss. More discussion = more traffic to the message board = happy ox.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
I don't know why the news forum hasn't been getting any new articles posted up, but URG is absolutely correct. Any sporting news you run into and would like to share, feel free to post it up on the main sports forum. Other topics of interest are also welcome in the Lounge or Political forums as they apply. Don't be shy. If you like it, share it if it hasn't already been shared. Every new topic is something new for people to discuss. More discussion = more traffic to the message board = happy ox.
Not that anybody cares, but Nav will be happy too. :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Of course I was absolutely correct. :rolleyes:

:lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
And just like magic, a ton of news articles appear this morning.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The News section never went more than 24 hours without being updated....or maybe it was 36. I've been doing it once a day.

As for members posting, I've received PM's from over 50 of them stating they would post more if Turk was banned.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
The News section never went more than 24 hours without being updated....or maybe it was 36. I've been doing it once a day.

As for members posting, I've received PM's from over 50 of them stating they would post more if Turk was banned.
:giggle:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
They'll post when they are ready to...some never will. Just provide an inviting environment so that people aren't afraid to post, and more people will. We can all disagree on points without being disagreeable. If people think we are all just arguing with each other then they likely won't post.
Some of the other content may persuade some to post, like with the news articles. I'm sure there is someone in there that only reads and posts in there. Others only post in the political forum, or the Lounge, etc. To each their own.

Also, not everyone has the ability to post all the time. It'll happen over time.
why don't both of you shut yer pie holes

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;27019 said:
The News section never went more than 24 hours without being updated....or maybe it was 36. I've been doing it once a day. As for members posting, I've received PM's from over 50 of them stating they would post more if Turk was banned.

We have a Facebook page for that.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n27019 said:

:eek:hnoes: or :moon:

:nono:

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have a similar problem on "The Gator Vault". About 90% who join never download anything..... Why join a torrent site and never use it? Most sign up, and never come back at all...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:

go to hell. Unless it's your birthday again :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
oxrageous;n27019 said:

:eek:hnoes: or :moon:

:nono:
51!

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Wow it's about time I found you guys, didn't post much but I always Lurked on the other forum. With that said just know I'm here....Lurkin'.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n31613 said:
Wow it's about time I found you guys, didn't post much but I always Lurked on the other forum. With that said just know I here....Lurkin'.

Hey Mudd!

Turn over a new leaf and post some.

:bananawave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator