The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one's negative.
GIF-o-rly-really-skeptical-yeah-right-GIF.gif

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
He is an elite talent. There are only a handful of 4 or 5 star DTs. He may be more of a risk to fail to qualify but weve been pretty good on that front. Notice we wasted no time on McGriff last year.

An EE 4 star DT, this is a big get for us.
No doubt, and while being an early enrollee helps players at any positions, I think it really benefits oline and dlineman especially because this league is so brutal on the line of scrimmage it helps fasttrack these guys to where they need to be at in order to play on this level.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We really seem to have the market cornered when it comes to D-Linemen from Wyoming!

With that said, regardless of his offer lists, etc., I will hold out hope b/c our 3 position coaches on the defensive side of the ball have shown "some" ability to develop individual players. Now having SideHat over them kind of negates things, but if it were an offensive player, I would have no confidence that he would develop b/c our position coaches are offense are quite "offensive"!

:lol2: Something approaching a positive comment escaped here, but no one need worry. You got it back under control quickly. :lol2:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tape looks pretty good. Welcome!!

Now lets go get about 2 more just like him. And BTW.......find out if anyone could block him and then give them an official visit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If we land Truesdale that's two legit 300+ lbs HS DT's. Getting 3 DT's in one class is tough. As most know, I'm all in favor of a Plan B here. I hope the staff doesn't just rest if we get one more DT. Edwards is still a possibility. Glad this kid is an EE. They have to sign soon, right, if they're EE's?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What day did he fax in his LOI...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a nice get for the Gators! Big kid who has shown talent! It's possible that our DT class could end up better after the de-commits...

I also find it interesting that they kept all contact quiet... wonder if there are other "surprises" being worked

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is a nice get for the Gators! Big kid who has shown talent! It's possible that our DT class could end up better after the de-commits...

I also find it interesting that they kept all contact quiet... wonder if there are other "surprises" being worked

Let's not get carried away; Hansard was the 11th ranked DT and this kid is the 41st ranked.

I'm happy to have him...very happy, in fact, but let's not go overboard.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Let's not get carried away; Hansard was the 11th ranked DT and this kid is the 41st ranked.

Compare Hansard's tape with Campbell's and one will notice a huge difference. Hansard is really athletic. Campbell is not. I see Campbell as a run stuffing, space eating DT that can take up 2 blockers. Saban built his defense at bama with guys like this. They may not rush the passer, but they make the middle of the defense immovable.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Compare Hansard's tape with Campbell's and one will notice a huge difference. Hansard is really athletic. Campbell is not. I see Campbell as a run stuffing, space eating DT that can take up 2 blockers. Saban built his defense at bama with guys like this. They may not rush the passer, but they make the middle of the defense immovable.

Hey, I'm very happy to have this kid. I don't care if he was ranked 241st vs. 41st best DT in the class. I was simply pointing out that ATX may be going a little overboard saying we're better off losing #11 for #41....and we still haven't replaced the JUCO.

Again, I'm very, very happy to have this kid. I hope we get at least 2 more.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

He's not the 41st ranked DT. If he fell in rankings it's because he didn't play a down this season. He was the 26th according to rivals.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's not the 41st ranked DT. If he fell in rankings it's because he didn't play a down this season. He was the 26th according to rivals.
Unranked on Rivals. 26th DT prospect. 4 star. Read on another site he was the composite 41st and a 3 star. Only Rivals had him 4 star

He did not make Rivals top 250. That's not Elite unless we've changed our definition of Elite around here.

I swear instead of a decent pick up we turned him into Superman. How did we ever steal him from Bama?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Unranked on Rivals. 26th DT prospect. 4 star. Read on another site he was the composite 41st and a 3 star. Only Rivals had him 4 star

He did not make Rivals top 250. That's not Elite unless we've changed our definition of Elite around here.

I swear instead of a decent pick up we turned him into Superman. How did we ever steal him from Bama?
Did I say elite? You either get offers or you don't. When you have an elite offer list you're a pretty good recruit. That's just a fact. Stars aren't everything. They're important but offer lists matter just as much. If law can see the light on this one, then there's really no helping you

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Did I say elite? You either get offers or you don't. When you have an elite offer list you're a pretty good recruit. That's just a fact. Stars aren't everything. They're important but offer lists matter just as much. If law can see the light on this one, then there's really no helping you

Law called him Elite. You say he's not. I agree with you. What light are you talking about?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This is great! I hope it's sign of better things to come. Glad to see us agree that it's kinda OK news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.