4th of July

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I drove my family up to DC for the Fourth of July. And we're about to see this parade. Never been here during this time. Nice weather as well. Anyone else been here during this holiday?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
7 and 9. My nine year old has memorized all the presidents and can recite them backwards and forwards and learned little facts about each one. He's been pestering us to come to DC. So we drove up from Tampa yesterday morning. Got here around 9 at night.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Long drive J but I'm sure it will be worth it for you, your boys and your wife to see their reaction at the parade. Happy Country Day to you and everyone who reads this. Thank you all who have served for this great country as well.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;QoLywiaM6PA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA[/video]

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Took my son and his wife to see the fireworks downtown last night. For a small town I think they did pretty well. Was over 19 minutes long.
[video=youtube;wmhBbi4zfxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmhBbi4zfxc[/video]

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
nice video navetg8r.............................:hahaha:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
It's crap, I know. All I had was my phone and wanted to catch the fireworks so just did the best I could with what I had. Stupid phone kept losing focus on me.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, live here. Sitting on the front porch enjoying this great weather. Very unusual. Usually hot and sticky this time of year. The Mall's going to be awesome tonight. Enjoy!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
When I posted, the video only said "private"... Now it's playing...

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hope everyone had a safe 4th and didn't loose any appendages.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All good..swimming, grilling, appropriate hangover, no ill affects. Thanks!

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wound up saving some dude's life. Long story short, he was supposed to skydive onto the beach at my buddy's house on Lake Weir and misjudged his landing. He came in at too steep of an angle and was unable to put the brakes on. He skipped across the water twice and slammed into the back of a ski boat. I was in the water (and the closest to him) about 8-10 yards from where he came to a stop. I was kind of amazed at how many people kind of just froze after seeing him hit. All I could think was, "He's in trouble and needs help!" Fight or flight kicked in and I hauled ass over and was able to get him out of the water quickly. When I got to him, he was unconscious and his face was submerged. I hefted him out of the water and he slowly came to. He was dazed and didn't know what happened. He had a cut on his forehead and a nosebleed. EMTs got there and checked him out and all he had was a minor concussion. Anyway, It made for an interesting day.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
I wound up saving some dude's life. Long story short, he was supposed to skydive onto the beach at my buddy's house on Lake Weir and misjudged his landing. He came in at too steep of an angle and was unable to put the brakes on. He skipped across the water twice and slammed into the back of a ski boat. I was in the water (and the closest to him) about 8-10 yards from where he came to a stop. I was kind of amazed at how many people kind of just froze after seeing him hit. All I could think was, "He's in trouble and needs help!" Fight or flight kicked in and I hauled ass over and was able to get him out of the water quickly. When I got to him, he was unconscious and his face was submerged. I hefted him out of the water and he slowly came to. He was dazed and didn't know what happened. He had a cut on his forehead and a nosebleed. EMTs got there and checked him out and all he had was a minor concussion. Anyway, It made for an interesting day.
I salute your quick thinking and heroic action.:thumbup:

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dam Phineus, you are a true American..

Slug, you have a real facial feature problem. Have many friends? I do believe with plastic surgery, you can again look like a real American.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I drank American beer in an Irish pub while watching a European sport and eating French fries. My kids are too old to want to hang out with boring old people like me.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
7 and 9. My nine year old has memorized all the presidents and can recite them backwards and forwards and learned little facts about each one. He's been pestering us to come to DC. So we drove up from Tampa yesterday morning. Got here around 9 at night.
When my kids were that age, we took the train from Jacksonville for the Cherry Blossom Festival. It was a great family trip. After spending a week in all the museums, we were too tired to do the train home and flew back. What a great city.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
You represented well!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hung out in the pool, no really, I wasn't wearing a bathing suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator