5* QB Corral interested in UF

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He would be a better fit for our offense but I think Mac and company are all in on Fields.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather have Fields...but I wouldn't turn this guy down.

Can we get both? :grin:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmm, wonder if him showing interest will cause Fields to go ahead and commit? :scratchchin:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think it's interesting that UF is so quickly named in his top 3. Not sure how we made it there, but hopefully it's a good sign. I'd rather Mac focus on Fields due to proximity (playing the odds), but I wouldn't turn this kid away, either.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This would be huge. Looks like he wants to play in the SEC. Would love to get him....but I'm not holding my breath though....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thing seems weird to me.
Kid is from Cali...was committed to a Cali school and then all of a sudden he wants to go across the country for all 3 schools he's interested in?

Tom Loy is the one writing that article. He is apparently a recruiting analyst for Irish 247.
Loy is actually predicting that Corral goes to UGA.
Loy is also predicting that Fields goes to FSU.

This during the weekend just before Fields visit to UF.
Is this a ploy to get Fields to second guess any leans to UF? Maybe trying to get him to think that he is not UF's top priority?

For the record, it does not appear that UF has even offered Corral, and I'd be willing to bet there is little to no chance we get him anyway.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
2018 class has blowd up. We are looking at a top 5 class right now.

The only way we crack the top 10 (not top 5) is if we land one of these top QBs. Class is almost half full and is barely top 30 right now. Need big/highly ranked recruits to commit to move up that high.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The only way we crack the top 10 (not top 5) is if we land one of these top QBs. Class is almost half full and is barely top 30 right now. Need big/highly ranked recruits to commit to move up that high.
Right now ff we land everybody committed, 100%, or leaning to us we'd have 2 5*s, 15 4*s and 6 3*s. That would put us in last years top rivals 5. That's 17 blue chippers. F$U had 13 and landed 6th and UGA had 16 landed 3rd.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's got to be treated like a traitor by USCw followers and that's a harsh decision he's made. It may even cause some other top USCw recruits to re-open their recruiting -- esp WRs?? It's hard to belive that he's choosing to jaunt all that way from his home area. Still my laser focus says, "let's corral fields."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Right now ff we land everybody committed, 100%, or leaning to us we'd have 2 5*s, 15 4*s and 6 3*s. That would put us in last years top rivals 5. That's 17 blue chippers. F$U had 13 and landed 6th and UGA had 16 landed 3rd.

"IF" being the key word in that sentence.....I hope you're right.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"IF" being the key word in that sentence.....I hope you're right.
Yes "if" is the operative word. I'm not making a prediction because the last thing I'd do is try to predict what 17 year olds are going to do. I'm just pointing out that at this date and time we're looking good.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't believe we're in the running for this kid. I think this reporter got the schools wrong have any of our local reporters said anything about this cause I haven't seen a thing? You would think this would be big news for them!
Comparing his elite 11 drills to Fields elite 11 drills he's not even close he throws a really ugly ball. I'm not saying I wouldn't take him but no way in hell I'd take him over Fields.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If true, that we are on the list is shocking. I'm confident in saying we haven't recruited him much at all if any since he's been committed to USCw since Feb. of 2016. He's also been actively recruiting for them. It means he's interested in us without a lot of contact from the coaches.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Interesting but we have not had much success with folks from the west coast, perhaps this will be the exception that tends to prove the rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator