T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, wake up. He's fishing for a place to go because schools are wary of him. He's been forced to change highschools because he got into a fight with Wayne Gretzky's son. His reputation has been ruined because a rich kid's dad used his power and influence to hurt him. He's desperate to find a decent school, so yes, he will visit without an offer in hopes his skills will outshine the negative rhetoric.

The younger Gretzky's kids are basically spoiled brats. The kids are all douchenozzles.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Even then we're not completely out of it until he signs an LOI to a different school.
The chances of him backing out twice is slim to none.

(insert dumb and dumber pic - you're saying there's a chance here)

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 is better than Rivals with some of their features. They use an average for their actual rankings so I'm not crazy about those sometimes. I am semi-warming up to 247 because they do offer some things rivals doesn't. We're not out for Fields until he commits elsewhere.
I like the features 247 offers, but it feels easily abused.
Rivals just seems more accurate in its rankings and perhaps even their hot/cold predictions.
If 247 could become mpre reliable, they will be top dog.

What I meant with Fields is if we offer someone else, we are done with him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Rivals is the official ranking service of Gatorchatter.com. ;)
6.1 = Five-star prospect
6.0-5.8 = Four-star prospect
5.7-5.5 = Three-star prospect
5.2-5.4 = Two-star prospect

6.1 Franchise Player: considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 30-35 players overall, a potential first-team All American candidate and a player deemed to have first round NFL potential.
6.0-5.8 All American Candidate: considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential
5.7-5.5 All Region Selection: considered among the region’s top prospects and generally among the nation’s top 800-850 prospects overall, a potential All-Conference candidate and a player deemed to have mid to low-end pro potential and ability to impact at the college level.
5.2-5.4 Low End FBS prospect: considered a mid-major prospect with limited pro potential and expected to contribute 1-2 years at a high level maximum or often as a role player.

For team rankings the players are assigned points based on their star rating and bonus points based on their rank in Rivals250. Only your top 20 recruits are counted.

Rivals Rating = Points

6.1 = 150 points
6.0 = 135 points
5.9 = 120 points
5.8 = 105 points
5.7 = 90 points
5.6 = 75 points
5.5 = 60 points
5.4 = 45 points
5.3 = 30 points
5.2 = 15 points

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like the features 247 offers, but it feels easily abused.
Rivals just seems more accurate in its rankings and perhaps even their hot/cold predictions.
If 247 could become mpre reliable, they will be top dog.

What I meant with Fields is if we offer someone else, we are done with him.
How can you be reliable when one part of your average are ESPN rankings which are done by interns?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Rivals is the official ranking service of Gatorchatter.com. ;)
6.1 = Five-star prospect
6.0-5.8 = Four-star prospect
5.7-5.5 = Three-star prospect
5.2-5.4 = Two-star prospect

6.1 Franchise Player: considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 30-35 players overall, a potential first-team All American candidate and a player deemed to have first round NFL potential.
6.0-5.8 All American Candidate: considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential
5.7-5.5 All Region Selection: considered among the region’s top prospects and generally among the nation’s top 800-850 prospects overall, a potential All-Conference candidate and a player deemed to have mid to low-end pro potential and ability to impact at the college level.
5.2-5.4 Low End FBS prospect: considered a mid-major prospect with limited pro potential and expected to contribute 1-2 years at a high level maximum or often as a role player.

For team rankings the players are assigned points based on their star rating and bonus points based on their rank in Rivals250. Only your top 20 recruits are counted.

Rivals Rating = Points

6.1 = 150 points
6.0 = 135 points
5.9 = 120 points
5.8 = 105 points
5.7 = 90 points
5.6 = 75 points
5.5 = 60 points
5.4 = 45 points
5.3 = 30 points
5.2 = 15 points
It's so nice to know that in 3 cycles Mac has signed 3 Franchise players based on rivals rating scale. Meanwhile Smart has signed 5 in 1 1/2 cycles, and he's got a 6th committed for the 19 class. Thankfully FSU only pulled 11 of those players. Man Mac really is trash at recruiting might be the worse in modern history.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How can you be reliable when one part of your average are ESPN rankings which are done by interns?
That's part of what I'm saying. Rivals is just more reliable in that regard, as well as when they update information. I get the feeling 247 has a lower bar when it comes to determining who is a recruiting "insider".
I just like their format and think it could be useful if run properly, unfortunately it is easily abused.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Have we even recruited this guy?

No idea, but if not it trashes the "Mac doesn't want the 'can't recruit' label" article on another thread. If a 5* California recruits puts UF in his top 3 without even a phone call it speaks very well for the program's reputation and the opportunity recruits are seeing at QB.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From California.... strike 1. But QB is one position they do produce.

Gators Breakdown podcast crew says he parties a lot. Called him a Will Grierish, don't know if that meant drugs, also. Didn't seem too interested.

I don't know anything else. Haven't even watched highlight videos. Heard he was really looking for a Bama offer.

... but did they guarantee he was Grierish.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's so nice to know that in 3 cycles Mac has signed 3 Franchise players based on rivals rating scale. Meanwhile Smart has signed 5 in 1 1/2 cycles, and he's got a 6th committed for the 19 class. Thankfully FSU only pulled 11 of those players. Man Mac really is trash at recruiting might be the worse in modern history.
He's the worst I've ever seen at UF and I've been following the recruiting rankings since day one. You really have to blow chunks to pull in the classes he has!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.