Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Why? it's added depth and the potential to stretch out Franks or Trasks progression at worst. At best he is your starter.

LDR is a known commodity and I don't buy the hysteria that he'll be the starter next year.
Franks will be the starter next year, but I do think even with Allen redshirting, his energy level will push these guys.

I wouldn't write off Trask yet to be honest. I know my name makes it seem like I'm a Trask homer, but it's more sarcasm than anything else :lol:

That said, I liked what I saw of Trask (although it was limited). I've been told that's Franks has some Driskel in him and isn't the sharpest tool
in the shed. I don't buy the "Franks is ahead of Trask" tbqh, and don't think either was going to sniff the field this year so it's a moot point.

But hey, I could be completely wrong and Franks could be the man. Just hope either one of them pans out, really don't care which one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why? it's added depth and the potential to stretch out Franks or Trasks progression at worst. At best he is your starter.

LDR is a known commodity and I don't buy the hysteria that he'll be the starter next year.
Franks will be the starter next year, but I do think even with Allen redshirting, his energy level will push these guys.
They weren't recruiting stidham as depth

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Didn't we have some other "savior" QB coming in next year? What happened to him?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure I am completely off base on this one. Stidham wasn't coming to be depth. He was going to be a starter wherever he went. I'll go out on a limb and say he starts Auburn's opener. He would've started here as well. Call it depth or the starter or whatever.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

The best part about that picture isn't "the finger", or the fact that he's a little kid no doubt yelling a cuss word or that he's got orange crap all over his face. It's the naked ladies truck flap embroidery all over his jacket. :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you're right. I'm sure I am completely off base on this one. Stidham wasn't coming to be depth. He was going to be a starter wherever he went. I'll go out on a limb and say he starts Auburn's opener. He would've started here as well. Call it depth or the starter or whatever.
Of course he was going anywhere to start.
My point on depth is it was another guy on the roster, that's all. Like I said, either he comes in (to start) and gives Franks a chance to progress further, or he's the starter for the next 2-3 years.

The overall point being, he's good, potentially really good player, and it doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to those already here or already coming.
If you have a shot at a really good player, you go after him, period.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has never been sold on them. He was trying to land Eason, Francois or Jackson last year and he is still hunting now.

You tards are the only ones convinced year after year that our scout teamer is really an all american.

strawman-300x225.jpg

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm interested to see if he plays at Auburn and if they run the ball as much as they have in the past or if they change the offense to use his arm talent more.

Stidham knew he couldn't beat out Trask. #Trask4Heisman2017

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm interested to see if he plays at Auburn and if they run the ball as much as they have in the past or if they change the offense to use his arm talent more.

Stidham knew he couldn't beat out Trask. #Trask4Heisman2017
They will be very dangerous, they've been needing a dual threat like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb