Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has? He's not really hurt now, and not even on the depth chart. Even if he was a little banged up, you'd think he'd be on the depth chart so you aren't using up a redshirt at the end of the season, if Appleby got hurt. I just don't buy that he's really hurt.
And if Mac was so in love with him as you suggest, we wouldn't be going after any transfers at QB at all, a transfer would make a 5th QB.

He also didn't let Grier go. Grier wanted his hand held. Sorry, the least Grier could have done was earn his spot back, and looking at the other talent, there was nothing to be afraid of.

Gotcha. So don't go by his actions in the past and what he has actually done. Go by what you think about him being hurt?

If I can recall, weren't you the one saying that Mac was not being judged fairly because all of his losses had happened with his "non-starting QB"?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
And if Mac was so in love with him as you suggest, we wouldn't be going after any transfers at QB at all, a transfer would make a 5th QB.

Well, lets just say the "noise in the system" wasnt getting so loud, I believe LDR would be his starter next yr. I think he sees the writing on the wall.....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotcha. So don't go by his actions in the past and what he has actually done. Go by what you think about him being hurt?
I'm going by his actions right now.
I will say this though, if for some retarded reason LDR does start down one game one next season, it's Mac's own suicide.

I just don't think that is what will happen.

If I can recall, weren't you the one saying that Mac was not being judged fairly because all of his losses had happened with his "non-starting QB"?
:britney:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going by his actions right now.
I will say this though, if for some retarded reason LDR does start dowm one game one next season, it's Mac's own suicide.

I just don't think that is what will happen.

:britney:

It could've been Nav. You two look alike...

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
LDR is done at UF as far as playing time. His arm is terrible when throwing over 20 yds, and that is the philosophical reason of mac's offense is to stretch the field. When you can't even do the baseline of the offense it kinda defeats the purpose. Look at the film. Film doesn't lie.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now Nav, you're setting a poor example for the regular posters.
PIF will be here shortly to shout you down about it in a holier than thou rant. ;)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now Nav, you're setting a poor example for the regular posters.
PIF will be here shortly to shout you down about it in a holier than thou rant. ;)

I've been holding onto that one for a while waiting for a chance to use it. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
AA: Appleby is as Applyby does. Which is none too impressive. Would he be better behind a better line and better blocking? Sure, most would. Point is moot now though. He plays two more games and he's not going to look very good in either.

LDR: If we are to believe the coaches Luke has played 2 3/4 games uninjured. Ever since the knee injury it's been his leg or his wing. For the sake of argument let's say that was true. Did he get better in those 2 3/4 games? Is a healthy LDR any good? Or has the staff seen enough to know they have to move on? It's pretty obvious he can't throw long, like chuck says, and that is a key to Mac's "explosive" offense. Is this why we are looking for another insurance policy?

Franks: Franks was raw in HS and raw in the Spring game. And yet he is now #2 on the depth chart not Trask who at least had the alleged benefit of better coaching in HS. Franks was a 4* project that was certain to redshirt this year. Has he progressed? Unfortunately we won't know until the spring game. Maybe there is some hope for this guy.

Trask: Well I don't know what to say about Trask. He was clearly better than Franks in the Spring game and yet ;) he is behind Franks on the depth chart now. Are they just more willing to burn Frank's redshirt than to burn Trask's? Only time will tell.

Allen: Stinking up his senior season (from what I've heard) and likely would redshirt next year anyway.

Executive Summary: We've got 3 eligible QB's next season. One, LDR, may no longer be an option. So we are down to two guys in Franks/Trask who may be of equally sketchy ability.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
AA: Appleby is as Applyby does. Which is none too impressive. Would he be better behind a better line and better blocking? Sure, most would. Point is moot now though. He plays two more games and he's not going to look very good in either.

LDR: If we are to believe the coaches Luke has played 2 3/4 games uninjured. Ever since the knee injury it's been his leg or his wing. For the sake of argument let's say that was true. Did he get better in those 2 3/4 games? Is a healthy LDR any good? Or has the staff seen enough to know they have to move on? It's pretty obvious he can't throw long, like chuck says, and that is a key to Mac's "explosive" offense. Is this why we are looking for another insurance policy?

Franks: Franks was raw in HS and raw in the Spring game. And yet he is now #2 on the depth chart not Trask who at least had the alleged benefit of better coaching in HS. Franks was a 4* project that was certain to redshirt this year. Has he progressed? Unfortunately we won't know until the spring game. Maybe there is some hope for this guy.

Trask: Well I don't know what to say about Trask. He was clearly better than Franks in the Spring game and yet ;) he is behind Franks on the depth chart now. Are they just more willing to burn Frank's redshirt than to burn Trask's? Only time will tell.

Allen: Stinking up his senior season (from what I've heard) and likely would redshirt next year anyway.

Executive Summary: We've got 3 eligible QB's next season. One, LDR, may no longer be an option. So we are down to two guys in Franks/Trask who may be of equally sketchy ability.
So what you're saying is that we should compete for a title next year?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Apparently Jared commented on the gators . Can't read the article on 247 though. Anybody know what's going on?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Jared commented on the gators . Can't read the article on 247 though. Anybody know what's going on?

I was wondering the same thing

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seen that he tweeted something about playing in this game next year. But I'm not a paid member over there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep that could mean us or Auburn I guess. Doesn't Mac meet with him tomorrow?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stidham wont be playing in the SEC championship game playing for Auburn or Texas A&M!!!!

He will either playing for us or Bama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator