Founding Member
Looks promising :grin:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm not mistaken he was Gatorade National Player of the Year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yup. Wait and see, grasshopper.

Dont act like you would die for a 120 passer with some talent right now.

Actually, UF's two QB's last year combined for a 123.4 QB ratings, better than the UMs QB you pine for against aTm, Vandy and Mississippi State

I do realize that the Mississippi QB was a true frosh and could grow. Still it is hard for me to slurp too much Mississippi hype for a guy who played 3 games. Then again I do not have stars in my eyes.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel was the last State of Florida recipient to go to UF. Others include, Matt Elam, Gavin Dickey, and Earnest Graham.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Driskel played at Oviedo. And if I recall, they were in their 1st or 2nd year of high school ball when he took over. There was a lot of speculation from some evaluators that he didn't look good in HS because they had no talent since they were a new program.

Moral of the story?

If they can't pass in high school they won't be able to pass in college.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, UF's two QB's last year combined for a 123.4 QB ratings, better than the UMs QB you pine for
More fake news. I heard the Nusschump's offense being terrible the last seven years wasn't the offensive coordinator's fault and that it is the fault of LDR and Treon.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More fake news. I heard the Nusschump's offense being terrible the last seven years wasn't the offensive coordinator's fault and that it is the fault of LDR and Treon.
I think the offense is capable of working. We had guys running open pretty much the whole season. I honestly think the line held up enough if you had a QB who could read the defense and make a throw in anticipation. That doesn't mean Nuss did a good job because guys were open. He didn't play to our strengths or rather away from our deficiencies. Our line should be better this year, but that doesn't mean that we can over the QB issue. I think we should've fired Nuss and let Mac run the offense. Then we could've hired another recruiter.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the offense is capable of working. We had guys running open pretty much the whole season. I honestly think the line held up enough if you had a QB who could read the defense and make a throw in anticipation. That doesn't mean Nuss did a good job because guys were open. He didn't play to our strengths or rather away from our deficiencies. Our line should be better this year, but that doesn't mean that we can over the QB issue. I think we should've fired Nuss and let Mac run the offense. Then we could've hired another recruiter.

Its a combination of things. The QB being the biggest issue probably. That pro football ranking place claimed we had an average line and not a terrible one when it came to QB protection so the O line wasn't the whole issue either. I do think Nuss has shown he isnt that good without having very top players in his offense. I can't think of any other game except the 2015 Ole Miss game where it looked like we were really outsmarting the defense for most of the game through the play calling itself.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its a combination of things. The QB being the biggest issue probably. That pro football ranking place claimed we had an average line and not a terrible one when it came to QB protection so the O line wasn't the whole issue either. I do think Nuss has shown he isnt that good without having very top players in his offense. I can't think of any other game except the 2015 Ole Miss game where it looked like we were really outsmarting the defense for most of the game through the play calling itself.

other than one really sustained drive in that game, his offense didn't do much without the Defense putting them in plus territory against Ole Miss (108 the ranked pass defense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator