5 teams who can win the SEC

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So is UT not off-season champs any more? I mean, they can't even win that?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Defensively, the Gators can match up with most anybody in the sport."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like he thinks we will have the 2016 defense at least. Not sure who the 5 teams should be but I think our chances are pretty slim to beat the team representing the West especially with a worse defense.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dumbass author lost all credibility putting the Corndogs in the mix. Ed O is a joke of a coach. They will struggle mightily to be in the top three in the West this season, with five road conference games (Cowbell, UF, Old Piss, Bammer, and UcheaT).:lmao2: They could easily go 1-4 on the road in the league alone, not to mention home games with The Barn, Pig Souie, and the Collie ****ers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At least the author properly described us as "mediocre Florida."

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
How about just saying Bama four times and someone else if somehow they don't make it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dumbass author lost all credibility putting the Corndogs in the mix. Ed O is a joke of a coach. They will struggle mightily to be in the top three in the West this season, with five road conference games (Cowbell, UF, Old Piss, Bammer, and UcheaT).:lmao2: They could easily go 1-4 on the road in the league alone, not to mention home games with The Barn, Pig Souie, and the Collie ****ers.

I hear what you are saying about Ed O. I still can't believe they hired him - especially when they had half a season to find his replacement. Ed made the best OC hire in the entire country this off-season. We all know that Defense wasn't LSU's problem, and Ed O can coach D - let's give him that. If they can find a QB and he lets Matt Canada run his offense they are going to be MUCH improved on that side of the ball. They recruit as well as any team in the country outside of Alabama & Ohio State, so they have the talent. I'm not saying they win the SEC this year, I'm just saying they should be much improved offensively.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hear what you are saying about Ed O. I still can't believe they hired him - especially when they had half a season to find his replacement. Ed made the best OC hire in the entire country this off-season. We all know that Defense wasn't LSU's problem, and Ed O can coach D - let's give him that. If they can find a QB and he lets Matt Canada run his offense they are going to be MUCH improved on that side of the ball. They recruit as well as any team in the country outside of Alabama & Ohio State, so they have the talent. I'm not saying they win the SEC this year, I'm just saying they should be much improved offensively.
Yeah, I don't understand people who think that Corndog is going to be weak because they fired that moron Grasseater (whom we should have immediately hired as a recruiting coordinator/ST/TE coach at any cost BTW).

Their defense has immense talent, more than Bammer IMO, and they will be good, no doubt in my mind. They also now have a competent OC.

I don't know if he is a GREAT OC, but they will at least try to score and not just try to avoid turnovers. The first coach in the SEC (at a school with decent talent, no USCe, Mizzu and Kintucky don't count) who actually TRIES to score points will blow up the SEC like SOS did in 1990 bc all these fvkking 1950s-ball offenses that struggle to score twice in the same game will never keep up.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, I don't understand people who think that Corndog is going to be weak because they fired that moron Grasseater (whom we should have immediately hired as a recruiting coordinator/ST/TE coach at any cost BTW).

Their defense has immense talent, more than Bammer IMO, and they will be good, no doubt in my mind. They also now have a competent OC.

I don't know if he is a GREAT OC, but they will at least try to score and not just try to avoid turnovers. The first coach in the SEC (at a school with decent talent, no USCe, Mizzu and Kintucky don't count) who actually TRIES to score points will blow up the SEC like SOS did in 1990 bc all these fvkking 1950s-ball offenses that struggle to score twice in the same game will never keep up.

Agree. Canada put up a ton of points at Pitt (they beat Clemson). If he has a good year there he could easily get a head coaching gig next off-season. QB is their issue. Etling is servicable, but not great by any means. Unless they have a stud on the roster they'll be limited by what he can do this year. They have a heck of a running game, so he won't have to be All-SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. Canada put up a ton of points at Pitt (they beat Clemson). If he has a good year there he could easily get a head coaching gig next off-season. QB is their issue. Etling is servicable, but not great by any means. Unless they have a stud on the roster they'll be limited by what he can do this year. They have a heck of a running game, so he won't have to be All-SEC.
Yeah, it's a risk. The great OCs are in high demand. The Peases, McElwains, and Nusschumps of the world will never get hired away but you get a shytty to average at best offense with them.

It's why you should never hired a defensive coach IMO. Yeah, I know, Stoops and Saban, but most of those guys fail. If you hire a great OC HBC, at least he can HIRE a good to great DC. Good DCs are a dime a dozen bc no one wants them as HBC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

A&M looks like their offense might still be decent this year but they don't play much defense usually. If that new QB at Auburn clicks they may have a real big turnaround on offense this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.