7 Reasons to be positive about UF football in 2017

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pessimism was certainly in high-fashion before the 2015 season, Mac's first. How did that actually play out?
Then 2016 worked out result-wise. Now there's higher doubt for upcoming 2017's downfalling, but that doesn't determine how 2017 will work out. How difficult will it be for a better QB to take the field?

Hope spurs cheering and the optimistic do cheer -- and they cheer each other and team.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Relentlessly coach hard and quit being passive offensively

I wonder if a McElwain trade mark is to get a lead in the east than then become a really really cautious offensive coach. I think that is what we have seen each season so far and I agree he needs to do that only after he has developed an offense. I think we thought that the first year it was because of the limitations of Treon, but he did it again this year some.

It is one thing to become more passive offensively when you are up 38 to 0 in the first half at UTn as Spurrier did sometimes. It is another to become passive offensively when you have a game edge on UTn in the East.

To me the biggest question is Franks.

To me this statement shows how far this fan base has slipped under Zook, MEYER, yes Meyer, Muschamp and McElwain. To me the biggest question is who will win the QB battle, Allen, Del Rio, Franks or Trask and how good will they be.

Zook undermined what Spurrier built when he started giving the QB position away rather than making someone earn it. Meyer sadly continued that. We need to get back to the days when the fan base trusted and demanded the staff put the best QB to win on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think instigator is possibly learning disabled. He constantly uses the weirdest fvkking abbreviations.

Or maybe he works at the post office and has no clue no one else calls Bammer "UAL" or Tinerc "UTN".

:britney:

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pessimism was certainly in high-fashion before the 2015 season, Mac's first. How did that actually play out?
Then 2016 worked out result-wise
Youre nearly as bipolar as Boss.

Results wise, it worked out Zookish. 4-5 losses is hotseat around here. Just bc some of you have your heads up your azz isnt going to change that. You Fooley worshippers are doing your best to take back to the 70s and just being happy to win a big game every now and then.

Wait til the near after next!!!!!!

I ll bet Spurrier despises being in the building with this loser staff. Any doubt he feels the same as Rutledge?

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
aRGGGGGGHHHHHH.........This is the positive thread. THere is a perfectly good negative thread for you to liberally spread your fecal feelings on. And calling the beloved wordsmith, rogdocher, bi-polar goes too far, sir. Please drop back and punt your way to the circular jerking thread where all the Mac cliches are more appreciated.............We are doing business here..........
il_fullxfull.240872191-656x1024.jpg

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Define optimistic, then perhaps we could come up with a few reasons.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
9or10 wins next year? Lol

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
aRGGGGGGHHHHHH.........This is the positive thread. THere is a perfectly good negative thread for you to liberally spread your fecal feelings on. And calling the beloved wordsmith, rogdocher, bi-polar goes too far, sir. Please drop back and punt your way to the circular jerking thread where all the Mac cliches are more appreciated.............We are doing the business of
il_fullxfull.240872191-656x1024.jpg

My statements were pure facts, no subjective pumping up.
1) Pessimism was in high fashion before the 2015 season, Mac's first. Predictions were 5th in the SEC.
And how did that work out?
2) Then the 2016 worked out result-wise?
Now from these points I could go on to decry blowouts we suffered and dispise the atrocious recruiting, etc.
But downers won't let me survive because 1) & 2) were not vile condemnations of Macrew.?? Bipolar?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think instigator is possibly learning disabled.
He constantly uses the weirdest fvkking abbreviations.

Or maybe he works at the post office and has no clue no one else calls Bammer "UAL" or Tinerc "UTN".

:britney:

Uh, excuse me, we don't do that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty negative everywhere btw. Mac got punked again by saban. There's zero buzz around this program. Beating iowa did not move the needle. Maybe he closes some kids but it looks like we'll get leftovers from other programs. Sad sad sad.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody just give this a good think. The way the downers treat the optimists on this Sports Forum
makes it like a Political Forum.??

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Another Internet tough guy.
Our relative toughness is irrelevant, though I'd take my chances in person. The real question is whether the neGators will put up or shut up.

Is 5 wins not enough to back up your talk? How about 6? Got any guts at 6 wins? I bet not. Prove me wrong.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Our relative toughness is irrelevant, though I'd take my chances in person. The real question is whether the neGators will put up or shut up.

Is 5 wins not enough to back up your talk? How about 6? Got any guts at 6 wins? I bet not. Prove me wrong.

What are you blathering about?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
[QUOTE/]
To me this statement shows how far this fan base has slipped under Zook, MEYER, yes Meyer, Muschamp and McElwain. To me the biggest question is who will win the QB battle, Allen, Del Rio, Franks or Trask and how good will they be.

Zook undermined what Spurrier built when he started giving the QB position away rather than making someone earn it. Meyer sadly continued that. We need to get back to the days when the fan base trusted and demanded the staff put the best QB to win on the field.[/QUOTE]

I think Franks is the most talented of the bunch. If any of the others beat him out, so be it. No one has awarded Franks the job yet, but IMHO he has the best chance of being the real deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.