#8 in the AP

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Swamped Gator;n295314 said:
LSU is very good, but they are not the best offense or the best defense we've faced this year. They have the best offensive player we've faced all year, but I like our defense. I will not be surprised if we lose this game, but I am very surprised and impressed that we actually have a great shot at winning this game. I think 100% of Gator fans penciled this in as a loss all off season.

Old miss was supposed to be a loss too. Not many here had any hope we would be 6-0 either. I can say I told law I was gonna say I told you so....I think LSU will be a tough game and it will be hard to contain LF but if we buckle down we should be the only team this year to hold him to the lowest yard gained in a game. Les Myles is known to take risks and we have to be on our toes but this game is winnable. If we can generate some offense our D should finish them off....hopefully we can somehow silence the crowd...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, rushing up the field will not be a good formula this week for the D.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LSU is the best team we will face on the line of scrimmage all year. LF7 is averaging 133 yards/game before he gets touched. That's crazy. He has a head of steam before the first tackler gets a shot at him. This game is going to be a war.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LSU lost their FB. Is he out against us too, or just last game. He is a huge piece to the LF running game

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We definitely have a chance. Road trip to Missouri was good prep for another loud away game. No it won't quite compare but it was another road win and that helps with confidence. Go Gators!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n295328 said:
Please explain this to me because I just don't get it.

How can the media continue to vote Ohio State #1?

How can the people that claim to follow and know the game continue to see them as the best team in the country?

Not sure Ohio State has looked like a top ten team more less the #1 team.

If you say that it is because of the old school " Until the champion is beaten, they stay #1" Then I guess that these are the same people that used to say that a freshman cannot win the Heisman.

I heard one of the talking heads on ESPN say exactly that...they are still #1 because they are the defending champs and despite having looked like crap, they haven't lost yet.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
maheo30;n295307 said:
I miss Chump. He was such a loveable character. All he needed was one more year. :rolleyes3:

If only there had been some indication in the four years he had that he was :kiffin:. I know it catches me as a complete surprise.

We are in the top 10 where we belong every year, every week.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just going to keep enjoying this. Great job from Mac to the players.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two weeks ago I wouldn't think that we had a shot against LSU. Our offense just wasn't consistent enough and our defense had just not tackled well in the first several games. Although the offense is not where we want, we can score points and the play calling has been very good.

The thing that worried me the most was our defense. Tackling. That's not an issue anymore. I think the good guys take it by 10 points. I just don't think LSU's defense is on the same planet as ours. Which is uncanny from an LSU defense.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
MJMGator;n295317 said:
I think this is a bad match-up for us. You need a great front 7 to stop their rushing attack and we really don't even have a front 7...it's more like a front 5 or 6. Being thin and banged up at LB is not a good recipe for stopping Fournette. Let's see what the coaching staff can come up with. If we can somehow figure out a way to keep their running game in check, then I really like our chances because they can't pass for sh*t.

Did you not see highlights of the game-cranks game? Kid made some very impressive throws.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n295357 said:
Did you not see highlights of the game-cranks game? Kid made some very impressive throws.

You know what other QBs have looked good against USCjr? All of them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n295357 said:
Brendan Harris is :kiffin:. Everyone looks good against Hoke's prevent defense. Glad he's there to rush SOS into retirement.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
G 2;n295322 said:
Remember all the Zook supporters after Meyer's success? I wouldn't be surprised to hear from some of Muschamp's kin about what he could have done with more time.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk.
I always raved about RZ recruiting but I guess WM could recruit too he just was lost after that........

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They will get coached up properly. As coach Mac says, "Should be fun."

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hansbrough had 9 carries for 74 yards. That's an average of 8+ Yards per Carry. AND, they had a shįtty QB.

Before last night I felt good about LSU. After last night, not so much. We didn't do dick on Offense and most any decent team would have had a shot with the score only 14-3.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n295341 said:
We definitely have a chance. Road trip to Missouri was good prep for another loud away game. No it won't quite compare but it was another road win and that helps with confidence. Go Gators!
It might help with the road routine, but there was nothing loud about that game in Missouri. I'm fairly confident we've had louder practices than that game last night :lol:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
gatormandan;n295334 said:
Old miss was supposed to be a loss too. Not many here had any hope we would be 6-0 either. I can say I told law I was gonna say I told you so....I think LSU will be a tough game and it will be hard to contain LF but if we buckle down we should be the only team this year to hold him to the lowest yard gained in a game. Les Myles is known to take risks and we have to be on our toes but this game is winnable. If we can generate some offense our D should finish them off....hopefully we can somehow silence the crowd...
If we force Miles to gamble, his luck willrun out. It has lasted too long already.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
All these teams are blitzing us like crazy and LSU will not be any different. I just hope we put a better blitz offense on the field this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.