#8 in the AP

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n295369 said:
Hansbrough had 9 carries for 74 yards. That's an average of 8+ Yards per Carry. AND, they had a shįtty QB.
Methzu's QB is far better than Harris.

Harris makes Driskel look like a Heisman contender.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n295380 said:
Methzu's QB is far better than Harris.

Harris makes Driskel look like a Heisman contender.

I know you'd really like to believe that but they're actually more equal. Harris is certainly more mobile than Lock but that favors LSU. Lock wasn't going to tuck and run. We just pinned our ears back to Lock and then Hansbrough just gashed us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I know some of you are stuck on that running Qb thing. We can pin our ears back because there no fear of him hitting a forward pass.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;295369 said:
Hansbrough had 9 carries for 74 yards. That's an average of 8+ Yards per Carry. AND, they had a shįtty QB.

Before last night I felt good about LSU. After last night, not so much. We didn't do dick on Offense and most any decent team would have had a shot with the score only 14-3.
Yeah except we know Fournette is going to be carrying the ball 30 times. They don't exactly make an effort to be balanced, and they run a completely different scheme than Missouri. If we're doing the whole "but X team did this" comparison, USCjr basically bottled Fournette up the entire game save for one badass carry. And all they did was put 8-9 guys in the box.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n295372 said:
It might help with the road routine, but there was nothing loud about that game in Missouri. I'm fairly confident we've had louder practices than that game last night :lol:

The IPF can get up to 105+dbs. I'm sure Death Valley can get a little louder, but it will get the job done for preparation.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Seems to me LSU hasn't been tested this year. Have they played a decent defense? Oh yeah, :kiffin: :lmao:. LSU may be a tad overrated. And as team they may be suffering from complacency. Hand the ball to 4-nette and watch, at home, favored. We may have the psychological advantage.

But 4-nette is 4-real. Obviously we can't run past him and he's a load to take down. We've got our work cut out for us. AND we are not the unknown quantity on offense anymore. This is going to be a coaching battle. BUT we can afford the loss. Still win the east and get a rematch.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n295372 said:
It might help with the road routine, but there was nothing loud about that game in Missouri. I'm fairly confident we've had louder practices than that game last night :lol:

your right but it's the routine, the travel, time change etc. smaller details that do make differences.

the biggest worry I have right now is LF breaking big ones fast. We had several busted tackles that led to quick yards, LF would have taken most those to the house. We better be all over him and play man.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Floridagator;n295511 said:
your right but it's the routine, the travel, time change etc. smaller details that do make differences.

the biggest worry I have right now is LF breaking big ones fast. We had several busted tackles that led to quick yards, LF would have taken most those to the house. We better be all over him and play man.

This is going to be huge. Part of the reason we dominated last night was because we jumped out to a quick lead. Mizz had no chance to come back when we knew they were going to be tossing it around every down. If LSU jumps out to a couple TD lead we are screwed. They will own our o-line and force Grier into sacks or picks. We need to keep this game close right out of the gates and eliminate big plays.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still celebrating, enough time to worry later.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Our deep rotation on the DL will be they key to springing the upset. Fournette will get his 100-125, but if our D can force some passing downs, our fresher DL will tee off on their QB.

That being said, if we were to beat LSU, we could actually clinch the East in Jax against UGA. How sweet would that be?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n295402 said:
USCjr basically bottled Fournette up the entire game save for one badass carry. And all they did was put 8-9 guys in the box.
The formula really isn't that hard with a one dimensional team.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n295402 said:
Yeah except we know Fournette is going to be carrying the ball 30 times. They don't exactly make an effort to be balanced, and they run a completely different scheme than Missouri. If we're doing the whole "but X team did this" comparison, USCjr basically bottled Fournette up the entire game save for one badass carry. And all they did was put 8-9 guys in the box.

I completely agree that we should be able to just stack the box and contain. We've seen a couple bust for big yards and busted coverages in the passing game. Let's hope that's all it's going to take.

G8RNTN

Proud Gator on RockyNot
Sep 25, 2015
stephenPE;n295365 said:
I always raved about RZ recruiting but I guess WM could recruit too he just was lost after that........

Umm muschump not a great recruiter, when he was canned we were 93rd in the country....

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:whistle: don't mean nothing if we lose :whistle:

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.