A comparison of Coach Mac and Zook

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was head and shoulders better than Mac in everything except for the way he conducted himself off the field.

Zook and Mac with water sports.

ron-zook-waterskiing.jpg

hump-1494529170-compressed.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Ox...dead serious question....how much would it cost to put a billboard identical to that as close to BHG as possible, either off Newberry or Archer Road?

I think the money to put that up for a month or two could be raised within hours on here.....I will put up the first $20.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ox...dead serious question....how much would it cost to put a billboard identical to that as close to BHG as possible, either off Newberry or Archer Road?

I think the money to put that up for a month or two could be raised within hours on here.....I will put up the first $20.
I'll contribute to a "FIRE MAC NOW!" billboard.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I would guess thousands of dollars.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Which is why I qualified each comment with "we don't."

Well again that is UAL's DNA. That is not UF's DNA. We want a better product than what UAL runs. That is why I called it fools gold.

I don't want to copy UAL. I want to be UF.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I remember someone starting a website for "Fire Ron Zook Now" shortly after his arrival in Gainesville.
Surprised no one has done the same for Hee Haw.

Our society would block anything like that as being to mean today. Fireronzook was a fun thing to view while in college even if it was a primitive site.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Machen was a disaster at UF in many ways and why UF would hire a guy from University of Utah as its president is beyond me. Still Zook was a dead man walking from the time he tried to get himself arrest outside a frat house on.

You can not allow your team to start behaving like a street gang on a college campus. Middle and upper class parents are who you are trying to get to send their children to you. They do not send their children to places with street gangs.

The department waited until it needed the information on the frat house to use it, if Zook didn't lose to Tennessee and Mississippi State that year, we might have never heard what happened at the Frat house.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was horrible, but at least his freshman QB and offense looked like they belonged in college football.

Zook, changed OC's to make a more dynamic offense... Butters hasn't... hell even Muschamp changed OC's when it wasn't working.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The department waited until it needed the information on the frat house to use it, if Zook didn't lose to Tennessee and Mississippi State that year, we might have never heard what happened at the Frat house.

I believe we heard about the Frat incident at the time it happened that prior summer. Certainly the UAA did not act until Zook backed up that incident with bad losses. I do agree Zook might have won his way away from the Frat incident had he won more and behaved from then on. Had he continued to act as the head of a street game, he would have heard much from the UAA and UF despite wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator