A (desperate) search for positives

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Saturday was as miserable as everyone says, but I like to look on the bright side. I have come up with a few positives. Anyone else looking?
1) I don't believe that much has been said about the fact that Slaton's pressure and contact may have caused the high throw on Henderson's int. Developing pressure up the middle would be huge.
2) Davis adds speed and elusiveness. We haven't had a back like him in a while.
3) Toney is phenomenal! He can be a great receiver.
4) Sure Franks made mistakes. But ignoring the short receiver and going for it all showed me something. We may not have the QB, but we now have a QB.
5) And finally-a real pumper mentality- Henderson made a TD, but he also allowed one. Our young secondary will get much better.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
4) Sure Franks made mistakes. But ignoring the short receiver and going for it all showed me something. We may not have the QB, but we now have a QB.

Watched the play many many times. The short receiver (Lewis) was wide open on the left side of the field, but he probably could have only gotten to about the 50 yard line (Doubt Eddy could have made a 67 yard FG). No doubt when he looked over at that receiver he saw Cleveland streaking with his hand up (major props to Cleveland for doing this). Great read. Incredible throw. Franks took a hit after the throw as well.

Slaton may need to start going forward. He's a load.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Positive - we got th ball to our young playmakers more.

Negatives... everything else

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're Gators, not noles, canes, nor dawgs!

We are a young team, so when the next coach gets here soon he will have some badly coached but experienced kids to quickly turn things around.

And from that game, hard to believe, but we played against a worse coach than ours, so we WON! :pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Saturday was as miserable as everyone says, but I like to look on the bright side. I have come up with a few positives. Anyone else looking?
1) I don't believe that much has been said about the fact that Slaton's pressure and contact may have caused the high throw on Henderson's int. Developing pressure up the middle would be huge.
2) Davis adds speed and elusiveness. We haven't had a back like him in a while.
3) Toney is phenomenal! He can be a great receiver.
5) And finally-a real pumper mentality- Henderson made a TD, but he also allowed one. Our young secondary will get much better.

I mentioned Slaton's bull rush and pressure up the middle in a couple of different posts. However, I thought it was a different play until just now rewatching the game and associating it with the interception. He's good now and will be awesome in the near future.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is not what the Trolls, Haters, and Complainers want to see!! How long till they hijack this thread and turn EVERYTHING negative??!! Can't change the fact that the Gators STILL WIN in such an EXCITING fashion! OWNED and DESTROYED!! Go Gators!!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I mentioned Slaton's bull rush and pressure up the middle in a couple of different posts. However, I thought it was a different play until just now rewatching the game and associating it with the interception. He's good now and will be awesome in the near future.
Sorry. Didn't see your posts until later.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is not what the Trolls, Haters, and Complainers want to see!! How long till they hijack this thread and turn EVERYTHING negative??!! Can't change the fact that the Gators STILL WIN in such an EXCITING fashion! OWNED and DESTROYED!! Go Gators!!
You really need to see a shrink...both of you.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
198f8598b074446aaf7aa9aa102f3e8b.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watched the play many many times. The short receiver (Lewis) was wide open on the left side of the field, but he probably could have only gotten to about the 50 yard line (Doubt Eddy could have made a 67 yard FG). No doubt when he looked over at that receiver he saw Cleveland streaking with his hand up (major props to Cleveland for doing this). Great read. Incredible throw. Franks took a hit after the throw as well.

Slaton may need to start going forward. He's a load.
Franks got flushed almost immediately. During his post game, he said he was about to take off running, but saw Cleveland out of his peripheral. Doubt he had time to hit the intermediate route, when it was open.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks got flushed almost immediately. During his post game, he said he was about to take off running, but saw Cleveland out of his peripheral. Doubt he had time to hit the intermediate route, when it was open.
That is truly the difference between a Qb who can run and a running back who can throw. His head was up and he looked downfield. This is the thing that Dipshytskel NEVER did. As soon as he took the snap he rolled right (regardless of the play) and as soon as he got pressure he tucked and ran.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is truly the difference between a Qb who can run and a running back who can throw. His head was up and he looked downfield. This is the thing that Dipshytskel NEVER did. As soon as he took the snap he rolled right (regardless of the play) and as soon as he got pressure he tucked and ran.
I really have been pleasantly surprised by Franks. He still needs a lot of work and development, but it just goes to show how poor our QBs have been.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I really have been pleasantly surprised by Franks. He still needs a lot of work and development, but it just goes to show how poor our QBs have been.

Hey, the kid won the game. He did it by ignoring our lame-azz coaching that can't even manage the last 35 seconds of a game with 2 timeouts in pocket. Long way to go in development, yes. But Franks won the damn game in electrifying fashion like we haven't seen in years. Maybe we can get him some good coaching in a year or two, he and the rest of team deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.