A. Hernandez Verdict

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I despise charlatans.

Did he do something unethical during either trial? The comments about George Anthony were disturbing but if they came from Casey (and Lord knows they could have, she's such a pathological liar), he almost had to play that card for his client's benefit.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'll still never see the light of day, but that won't make the families of the deceased feel any better.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Did he do something unethical during either trial? The comments about George Anthony were disturbing but if they came from Casey (and Lord knows they could have, she's such a pathological liar), he almost had to play that card for his client's benefit.

The fact that they played the sexual abuse card is pathetic. Baez will burn in hell. T REX smiling.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't follow everything with this trial, but wasn't it established 100% that the shots fired came from the car Hernandez was riding in with the other guy? So.....50/50 he was the shooter. Is the jury saying the other guy did it, or are they saying they somehow didn't have enough evidence to say for sure he was the shooter when he had motive, opportunity, the weapon, and was at the scene, while also attempting to kill the lone witness?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't follow everything with this trial, but wasn't it established 100% that the shots fired came from the car Hernandez was riding in with the other guy? So.....50/50 he was the shooter. Is the jury saying the other guy did it, or are they saying they somehow didn't have enough evidence to say for sure he was the shooter when he had motive, opportunity, the weapon, and was at the scene, while also attempting to kill the lone witness?

A lot of testimony and evidence was suppressed. F ing sad.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As I understand it, it boiled down to which scumbag you believe...the convicted murderer or the one who testified against him to avoid prosecution,

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
As I understand it, it boiled down to which scumbag you believe...the convicted murderer or the one who testified against him to avoid prosecution,

Probably didn't help matters that the "star" witness was a thug piece of crap too. Who just happens to be currently serving prison time for shooting up a club. You just can't make this crap up. Also he had deleted a text message he had sent to a friend that said he had no recollection of who shot him in the face, but told the court that Hernandez did. Don't get me wrong, I believe most of his story about the events that happened and that Hernandez shot him, but reasonable doubt was presented I guess. That Baez is one hell of a lawyer.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So maybe hes not such a bad guy after all.

Yeah right. I could only imagine if he got a retrial on his other conviction and actually won, how invincible he would think he was. On a side note though, if that did happen would we put his brick back up?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Probably didn't help matters that the "star" witness was a thug piece of crap too. Who just happens to be currently serving prison time for shooting up a club. You just can't make this crap up. Also he had deleted a text message he had sent to a friend that said he had no recollection of who shot him in the face, but told the court that Hernandez did. Don't get me wrong, I believe most of his story about the events that happened and that Hernandez shot him, but reasonable doubt was presented I guess. That Baez is one hell of a lawyer.

Agreed.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yeah right. I could only imagine if he got a retrial on his other conviction and actually won, how invincible he would think he was. On a side note though, if that did happen would we put his brick back up?

So hypothetically speaking, what if he wins his freedom on appeal in a few years while he's still young enough to play. Which team, if any, signs him? I'm thinking most likely the Raiders and possibly the Cowboys.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I think Hernandez's team claimed the other guy with him (who was also the prosecution star witness) shot the people and I think they were able to show some reasonable doubt with his testimony that he gave.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So hypothetically speaking, what if he wins his freedom on appeal in a few years while he's still young enough to play. Which team, if any, signs him? I'm thinking most likely the Raiders and possibly the Cowboys.

If he was to be set free and still be at playing age, I really think he would be black balled by the NFL teams. No matter how desperate they may be, having Hernandez would be a PR nightmare that no team wants.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I despise charlatans and the system they have devised.

Baez seems to be a scumbag lawyer, an excellent one mind you. But if I did murder someone, and If I could afford him (which ain't no way I would be able to) I would totally want him on my team.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Maybe not. He's appealing his conviction in the Lloyd case so if he wins the appeal and/or the re-trial then he's a free man. How effed up would that be? Crazier things have happened.
He is guilty...maybe of all 3, but the cases the prosecution had in the double murder and even the first one was very poorly put together

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator