Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n191416 said:
The only thing this thread made me think of was explosive diarhea

No, explosive diarrhea was the coaching of Will Muschamp. Your big question is will new coach McElwain be your Imodium.

Florida under Muschamp
man-on-toilet-grimacing-in-pain-IBS-Pain-and-Cramping.jpg

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I just blew an explosive crop dust inside a jetway, which will basically trap it in for everyone else behind me to enjoy. You're welcome

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Alvin York;n191427 said:
No, explosive diarrhea was the coaching of Will Muschamp. Your big question is will new coach McElwain be your Imodium.

Florida under Muschamp

And yet he still found a way to beat UT. :chomp:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n191427 said:

Florida under Muschamp

Please...no more selfies.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What I don't get is Philly shipping off Foles for delicate, relatively unproven Sam Bradford.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Similar interpretation of thread title, but not with the butt. More an image of folks on a field, running willy nilly to sit down, and waiting to see which one blows up. The only way to win the game is not to play.

Wife cares more about NFL than I do, and I really don't care much. Though, I do like this 'throw the players in a bag, shake it around, and see who falls out where.' Adds a rejuvinating feel to the rosters - new chances, new opportunities, new questions about GM and Coach direction, intent, and lunacy.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n191525 said:
And yet he still found a way to beat UT. :chomp:

All 4 times! Chump cant claim much, but he did make tennessee (and dork) his little b*tches. Even at our worst, we own the vowels.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n191672 said:
Similar interpretation of thread title, but not with the butt. More an image of folks on a field, running willy nilly to sit down, and waiting to see which one blows up. The only way to win the game is not to play.

Wife cares more about NFL than I do, and I really don't care much. Though, I do like this 'throw the players in a bag, shake it around, and see who falls out where.' Adds a rejuvinating feel to the rosters - new chances, new opportunities, new questions about GM and Coach direction, intent, and lunacy.

If you don't watch the NFL then you don't truly love the game of football. You're watching the very best American football players in the world fighting and scratching to make their way into the Post Season. Did you watch Super Bowl 49? Incredible! Unbelievable! The whole world was watching. Oh, but not you. You'd rather sit in the stands wearing your jorts doing the Gator Champ as Florida once again suffers through a mediocre season. By all means enjoy your pedestrian college football only.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Alvin York;n191681 said:
If you don't watch the NFL then you don't truly love the game of football. You're watching the very best American football players in the world fighting and scratching to make their way into the Post Season. Did you watch Super Bowl 49? Incredible! Unbelievable! The whole world was watching. Oh, but not you. You'd rather sit in the stands wearing your jorts doing the Gator Champ as Florida once again suffers through a mediocre season. By all means enjoy your pedestrian college football only.
Even through our "Mediocrity" we still smoked yall inbread goat bangers.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Alvin York;n191681 said:

Well, the wife does host a superbowl party most years, whether we have a rooting interest or not. We didn't host this year, but she watched and I looked in once in awhile. I caught the last plays, which seems to be what everyone talked about. Overall, it comes down primarily to not having a rooting interest, a home team. That happens when you grow up pulling for the Bucs in the 80's and 90's. Jax came along later, too late for me to feel tied to them. And of course, MIA is too far away. College is different, born and raised in G'ville there has never been another school I've felt vested in, with or without my attending there.

There's plenty of arguments that have been held for why college fans are more passionate, that the games mean more and have more fanfare, tradition, and meaning than the pros. Pro rivalries are weak, and a player on your team this year could be against you next year, mercenaries playing for pay. College rivalries are true grudge matches, where you remember records, plays, and scores for decades, kids playing for a chance to be someone (I won't pretend it's for the school, they want to make a name for themselves). I'm in that camp. I'd rather watch a pair of MWC teams at 11PM than the top pro teams at 4PM. College > Pro for me. Is what it is.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n191857 said:
Well, the wife does host a superbowl party most years, whether we have a rooting interest or not. We didn't host this year, but she watched and I looked in once in awhile. I caught the last plays, which seems to be what everyone talked about. Overall, it comes down primarily to not having a rooting interest, a home team. That happens when you grow up pulling for the Bucs in the 80's and 90's. Jax came along later, too late for me to feel tied to them. And of course, MIA is too far away. College is different, born and raised in G'ville there has never been another school I've felt vested in, with or without my attending there.

There's plenty of arguments that have been held for why college fans are more passionate, that the games mean more and have more fanfare, tradition, and meaning than the pros. Pro rivalries are weak, and a player on your team this year could be against you next year, mercenaries playing for pay. College rivalries are true grudge matches, where you remember records, plays, and scores for decades, kids playing for a chance to be someone (I won't pretend it's for the school, they want to make a name for themselves). I'm in that camp. I'd rather watch a pair of MWC teams at 11PM than the top pro teams at 4PM. College > Pro for me. Is what it is.

Therein lies the conundrum. Which NFL team can equal your passion for a particular college team. Honestly, it probably won't happen. Even in Tennessee the Titans come in a poor second to the Volunteers. That's really not the issue. It's all about the game itself. The NFL is the top of the pyramid with the best players, smartest coaches who engage in a much richer and interesting chess match in the games played all the way to the Super Bowl. Watch, enjoy and respect, the Game, the best football on the Planet.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin should be banned from creating topics until UT beats us

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n191884 said:
Alvin should be banned from creating topics until UT beats us

And after, should it ever happen again.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n191887 said:
And after, should it ever happen again.

Should it ever happen again?
:)
Will it ever happen again?

Give me the answer to this simple question.....Did Steve Spurrier fall off the UGLY TREE and hit every branch on the way down?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's kind of a catch 22 alcoholica. He should be banned for being a UT asshat. But then its nice to have a bytch boy that you've owned and at the expense of the Viles ridicule to no end.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n191889 said:
Should it ever happen again?
:)
Will it ever happen again?

Give me the answer to this simple question.....Did Steve Spurrier fall off the UGLY TREE and hit every branch on the way down?

could Fulmer ever climb a tree?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The last time a Super Bowl Champion won back to back Super Bowls was SB 38 and 39, the New England Patriots. The odds are very low any Super Bowl Champion will repeat its success the next year. The reigning SB champs. Pats, are already behind the 8 ball. Four hours and 18 minutes into free agency, Darrelle Revis announced he was "coming home." to the New York Jets. Later that day New England watched the other starting corner, Brandon Browner, leave for "mo money" to the Saints. The New England Patriots are the first Super Bowl Champion in history to lose their starting corners going into the next season. Revis was an elite lock down corner, one of top 3 in the NFL. Browner was tall, long and athletic, the man that tied up Jermaine Kearse in the stack formation that freed Malcolm Butler to jump the route of Ricardo Lockette to make the interception that won the Super Bowl. To add more misery the Patriots have also lost Shane Vereen, the running back that functioned as a virtual receiver in the backfield for Brady in Super Bowl 49.

As good a QB as Tommy Boy is he would not have won his 4th Super Bowl without Revis, Browner and Vereen. The odds are already stacked against any team to repeat as Super Bowl Champion. What are the odds today for the Patriots to win Super Bowl 50 without these three critical players?

The music keeps playing as the NFL walks around the chairs............

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.