A Victory for Liberals!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gatormb, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $370
    Ratings:
    +373 / -9
    Amendment (4 I believe) passes to restore the vote to convicted felons who have served their sentence. Only ad I heard on it was directed at the Christian voters based on "forgiveness". Tremendous marketing by liberals considering there are 1.4 million potential new voters now in Florida.

Think about it. Which party is the Party of Law Enforcement and which party the party of "Black Lives Matter" and sanctuary cities? Of those 1.4 million new potential voters how many do you think lean conservative.

2. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,581
    Ratings:
    +9,040 / -58
    Depends on how “rehabilitation” went for all the KKK/nationalistic folks went. :grin:

3. Gatormb

Oxbucks:
    $370
    Ratings:
    +373 / -9
    I'll say this much. I been doing Prison Ministry for 3 plus years. Haven't met one person who's on their first rodeo. Got a guy now who's in for the 18th time. Most 3-5.

4. Gator515151

Gator515151 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,117
    Ratings:
    +628 / -10
    I'd bet the vast majority of hardened criminals could care less about voting. I would prefer to see a period of time pass before restoring voting privileges though and I don't think limiting to just murderers and violent offenders is tight enough.

• Gatormb

Oxbucks:
      $370
      Ratings:
      +373 / -9
      That's the saving grace. Most couldn't care less though no doubt will be targeted by the left. 10% (140,000) would have made a difference in this years governor & senate race though.

I need to read the entire amendment. Is there a required "clean" period. I'd say once you've paid your "dues" AND stay clean for 3-5 years THEN restore.

• Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,749
      Ratings:
      +11,396 / -97
      and the fact that very few first time felons stay that way is exactly why A4 was a stupid amendment. in a civil society, there needs to be permanent repercussions for those that choose to operate outside the confines of that civility if we want to keep a civil society.

• Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,613
        Ratings:
        +2,675 / -33
        But that's assuming they're able to stay out of jail.

• Gator515151

Gator515151 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,117
        Ratings:
        +628 / -10
        If I remember right it is once you've paid your dues, I don't think there is a time period. It does exempt murderers and violent/sex criminals I think but in my opinion they should have included repeat offenders and a few others.

• gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $556
          Ratings:
          +557 / -27
          That's why I voted against it.

I'm not opposed in principle to giving people another chance--but on a case by case basis that's better left to courts and parole boards and NOT a blanket amendment. A 10-time repeat offender is not someone I want with an equal vote in the stakes when they've so comprehensively failed at abiding by the civic norms the rest of us observed.