Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, just got the alert. Part pissed, mad, sad, embarrassed. What a waste of talent by simply making dumb choices. A lot of terrible things happened with this guy that far overshadowed anything good that he accomplished.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WCVB Boston reporting he was found hung by a bedsheet attached to his cell window at 3:05 a.m. Attempts to revive failed. He was in a single cell.

Look, we can invest 100 posts in describing what a decrepit life this young man had and how he ruined the lives of at least one other, probably three. But the reality is he wasn't born this way. He went off track somewhere along the way, and amid that is a separate tragedy. I pray for his tortured family, esp his mother. Absolutely sad.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Someone who cannot control themselves with so much good on the line(career, money) was bound for self destruction. It's just too bad he took the lives of others before his own. What a waste.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This was, according to everything I've read, a fairly "normal" kid until his father, Dennis, whom he idolized, passed away a number of years ago. His life took a 180 afterward. Kids aren't necessarily born effed up but they can become effed up by life events. I believe that's what happened here.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WCVB Boston reporting he was found hung by a bedsheet attached to his cell window at 3:05 a.m. Attempts to revive failed. He was in a single cell.

Look, we can invest 100 posts in describing what a decrepit life this young man had and how he ruined the lives of at least one other, probably three. But the reality is he wasn't born this way. He went off track somewhere along the way, and amid that is a separate tragedy. I pray for his tortured family, esp his mother. Absolutely sad.
I don't know and I'm not an expert but some suggest that certain people are born with the ability to take the life of other human beings.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know and I'm not an expert but some suggest that certain people are born with the ability to take the life of other human beings.

That is undoubtedly true and Hernandez could have displayed sociopathic tendencies. I'm just speculating the impact of losing his father. Even his mother has commented what a profound effect it had on him.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Wow, just got the alert. Part pissed, mad, sad, embarrassed. What a waste of talent by simply making dumb choices. A lot of terrible things happened with this guy that far overshadowed anything good that he accomplished.

Amen. It's hard to understand how someone can have that talent, work ethic, coaching, team, opportunity and success - achieving a dream - yet still turn so horribly wrong. I loved his on the field play but was horrified by the revelations that unfolded. Awful, sad and disturbing, and yet he's a part of our collective history.

I wonder if we will ever know how much effort was made by coaches and teammates to get him on a good path and/or how much enabling they did through silence and cover-ups. In any case he clearly didn't respond well to efforts that do bear out well for many.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That is undoubtedly true and Hernandez could have displayed sociopathic tendencies. I'm just speculating the impact of losing his father. Even his mother has commented what a profound effect it had on him.
Could be that success blocked his ability to seek help....I'm a little shocked at the timing though. I wonder if the guilt finally caught up to him from knowing the real truth and not seeing justice served. We'll never know.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Are there any other guys in jail that have ties to the Gator program?

Someone might want to go check on them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could be that success blocked his ability to seek help....I'm a little shocked at the timing though. I wonder if the guilt finally caught up to him from knowing the real truth and not seeing justice served. We'll never know.

He was serving a life sentence with no chance of parole. He'd just gone through a double-murder case that probably took an emotional toll. My main guess is that this was a young man who lived with deep anger and depression for a very long time. It finally consumed him.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't help but think of his 4 1/2 year old daughter's tragic situation. I pray for her along with those in Lloyd's family.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Such a waste of taken, but obviously somebody who was not right mentally.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Really feel sorry for his family.

Related note: nearly 2 dozen soldiers take their own lives every day. I wish more attention could focus on helping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.