Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Hernandez ended the letter to his wife with "YOU'RE RICH". All in caps.

There is reportedly already a buyer offering $1.3 million for his house. CBS Boston is reporting "The Patriots could be contractually obligated to pay Hernandez’s estate $3.5 million as part of a salary bonus that was never given to him because of his murder arrest in 2013." This would be in addition to his NFL pension.

Hernandez knew what he was doing. He killed himself so his family could collect the money. He probably felt that this act would redeem him in some way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...n-hernandez-family-millions-article-1.3080990

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...n-murder-odin-lloyd-vacated-article-1.3150002

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hernandez ended the letter to his wife with "YOU'RE RICH". All in caps.

There is reportedly already a buyer offering $1.3 million for his house. CBS Boston is reporting "The Patriots could be contractually obligated to pay Hernandez’s estate $3.5 million as part of a salary bonus that was never given to him because of his murder arrest in 2013." This would be in addition to his NFL pension.

Hernandez knew what he was doing. He killed himself so his family could collect the money. He probably felt that this act would redeem him in some way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...n-hernandez-family-millions-article-1.3080990

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...n-murder-odin-lloyd-vacated-article-1.3150002

Of course he knew what he was doing. Just like he knew to protect his brain for CTE studies. His Fiancé will sue the NFL because the concussions caused all of this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he knew what he was doing. Just like he knew to protect his brain for CTE studies. His Fiancé will sue the NFL because the concussions caused all of this.

Hate to say it but his family probably will get what the Patriots owe him and with him dead and the sentence vacated getting a civil judgment against him will be a lot tougher and then you have the bankruptcy laws to deal with even if they get one. That is why their lawyer has been calling for the Patriots to pay them out of what Hernandez is owed but I highly doubt they will do that and an order from a court will probably come down quicker saying the Pats have to give his estate the money owed on his contract - however it reads legally.

Some financial crooks have pulled similar stunts like this to take care of their family and screw the people they swindled.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody should profit if they murdered another human being, even killing yourself. Insurance Corps set that precedent. If it goes to his estate, the families of the people he murdered should bring civil suit against the estate where possibly that lower burden of proof can resurrect the truth about those murdered and by whom. ?? Seems to me, if this vacating the verdict 'cause he executed himself while an appeal was pending, then financially deprived families should sue the State, as it's the State's stupid "backdoor-law" and the State's loose bedsheet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
getting a civil judgment against him .
No it won't. It doesn't affect the civil judgment at all, and likely makes it better. There is no celebrity to sit at a table and smile at the jurors now.

If the Patriots pay him, it's because they hired PDS or some other similarly incompetent attorney.

Last edited:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I know everyone has already given their two cents and I'm not adding anything new, but this whole thing disgusts me, angers me and makes me sad. I'm glad he is gone from this world. But I feel bad for his innocent child.

He had everything. More than most of us could hope for in 20 lifetimes and his selfish sociopathic behavior threw it all away. Dumbass is probably the understatement of the year. What a scumbag.

I can't help feeling sad though. Maybe it's that there are people out there who have been through so much worse in their formative years and have overcome. There's no excuses not to seek help before it's too late. He had all the assistance he could ever need at his disposal. And just tossed it all aside.

What a waste.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No it won't. It doesn't affect the civil judgment at all, and likely makes it better. There is no celebrity to sit at a table and smile at the jurors now.

If the Patriots pay him, it's because they hired PDS or some other similarly incompetent attorney.

You don't think they have a chance to get a Judge to order the Pats to pay up to the estate if the money is legally owed? Some talking head was saying since they were just starting a civil case he thought they probably could. Regardless if they got a court to freeze it - with some law tricks and bankruptcy law they will probably be able to shield some of his stuff just like OJ was able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb